or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › MacBook Pro or iMac?

MacBook Pro or iMac?

post #1 of 4
My wife and I are looking to upgrade our old iMac. We are trying to decide between the portability of a 15" MacBook Pro with a 2.2 GHz i7 or the performance of a 27" iMac with a 3.1 GHz i5. Either option will be upgraded to 8 GB RAM. My wife is a print designer whose looking to move into web design. How big of a performance difference would there be between the two options. She will more than likely be running Illustrator, Photoshop & inDesign Suite 6 at the same time while working. Thanks for the feedback.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoncornelius View Post

Either option will be upgraded to 8 GB RAM.

Don't waste your money on Apple's RAM, though.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #3 of 4
The two machines aren't in the same category so its hard to say. There's a significant different in working off a 15 in screen than there is a 27 in screen.

Do you want mobility or not? Done, decision made.
post #4 of 4
If it were my choice I would go with the desktop and better performance. My wife unfortunately thinks she needs the mobility. If she actually planned on leaving the house with it I would agree but I can't see her really traveling with it. Thanks for the feedback. More than likely I'll go with the desktop. Hard to beat that 27" screen.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › MacBook Pro or iMac?