or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Religious Absurdity Vol 1: "I'm not gay. Go ahead, measure my asshole."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Religious Absurdity Vol 1: "I'm not gay. Go ahead, measure my asshole." - Page 2

post #41 of 221
Thread Starter 
I have nothing against polygamy.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #42 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I have nothing against polygamy.

I am against it - I was fine with it until I found out that the kids get brainwashed ("You will go to hell unless you marry your 60 year old neighbor"), and that the boy children in the societies get kicked out and become homeless mostly.

Polygamy = child abuse, unlike Homosexuality in parents.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #43 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I am against it - I was fine with it until I found out that the kids get brainwashed ("You will go to hell unless you marry your 60 year old neighbor"), and that the boy children in the societies get kicked out and become homeless mostly.

Polygamy = child abuse, unlike Homosexuality in parents.

Brainwashing and teaching children abusive habits and thoughts isn't possible in a monogamous marriage?

Are you going to come along and start grabbing kids for having their BMI be too high E#?

If I had a neighbor telling my kid they would go to hell unless their marry their 60 year old neighbor, or they'd be uncool if they don't watch and act like the clowns on Jersey Shore, I know which is easier for me to ignore and refute. Why do you sweat the former and not the latter?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #44 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Curious... are you implying that the concept of a god is nothing more than a thought ?



(I'll assume you've been an iPhone user since day 1. ) ... I can certainly prove that WHAT you claimed to think about is real... AT&T... plenty of supporting evidence for the existence of AT&T.

Just because your brain thought of something, doesn't make that something real. I can think of Dragons, SantaClause, Unicorns, speeding tickets, airplanes, animals that existed millions of years ago... some of those "things" that I thought about can be proved to be real... to exist (or have existed)... others have no supporting evidence whatsoever... the thoughts were certainly real (insofar as certain electrical impulses flitted through my brain, causing me to perceive those thoughts), but the things themselves aren't necessarily real just because I thought of/about them.
The human brain is the source of all sorts of fictions in our world/society.

Perhaps one of the ways God communicates with us is via thoughts or feelings.

I've had very tangible, very real experiences in my life through which I have come to know that God exists.

Now, you can be like Ebenezer Scrooge and explain them away - attributing them to nothing more than "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato".

But the fact remains that you do not know what I have thought or felt or from whence such thoughts or feelings have come. I cannot "prove" that I had these divine experiences. You cannot "prove" that I did not have them.

But I assure you, they are just as real to me as the MacBook Pro on which I am typing this.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #45 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Brainwashing and teaching children abusive habits and thoughts isn't possible in a monogamous marriage?

Are you going to come along and start grabbing kids for having their BMI be too high E#?

If I had a neighbor telling my kid they would go to hell unless their marry their 60 year old neighbor, or they'd be uncool if they don't watch and act like the clowns on Jersey Shore, I know which is easier for me to ignore and refute. Why do you sweat the former and not the latter?

Seriously? Slippery slope arguments to justify child abuse? "Parents can let their children watch R rated movies, so why not let them rape the children too?"

Some societies are bad, and deserve to be shut down - polygamous Mormonism is one of those societies.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #46 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Some societies are bad, and deserve to be shut down - polygamous Mormonism is one of those societies.

What about polygamists who don't claim to be practicing a form of Mormonism?

What about polygamists who don't abuse children?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #47 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

What about polygamists who don't claim to be practicing a form of Mormonism?

What about polygamists who don't abuse children?

It is very difficult to have a polygamist society where you don't (at least) kick out excess boys to become homeless. But if the children are well treated, and there is no tie between religion and polygamy (i.e. "you will go to hell unless...", or "god wants us to ...."), then I am fine with it.

I just don't think that polygamous societies like that exist. Children raised by gay parents turn out fine, children raised in polygamous households generally don't imho.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #48 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Why should that sort of belief deserve any respect whatsoever? The idea that someone should be "cured" of their gayness is abhorrent. "Oh, but it's just their belief" is merely tacit approval of those awful ideas.

Intellectually dishonest bullshit. First, I specifically rejected the belief in question, and you know it. Secondly, you would not be making that tacit approval argument if the belief in question was, say, a group believing that Bill Clinton was in fact Jesus Christ himself. You would reject their beliefs, but not their right to hold them. So you're full of shit twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, you should not go on, unfortunately, because you are missing the point.

The bigotry against gay people is not motivated by the color of one's skin.

The bigotry against gay people is not motivated by the country of one's origin.

The bigotry against gay people is (overwhelmingly) motivated by one's religious beliefs.

You are confusing correlation with causation. Sure, there are many old white American males who hate gays. But it's not because they are old or white or American. It's because those old white Americans also are mostly some flavor of Christian. And the leaders of that flavor tell those old white males to hate on the gays.

You can't prove that whatsoever. It's a theory...nothing more.

Quote:


By the way, Noah. I'm not prejudging religious belief. I'm judging it. There's a significant difference. Based on the evidence available to me, it is my conclusion that religious thought is detrimental to humanity's progress. I'm also of an oppressed minority (the most reviled minority in America), so my fixation on religious issues stems from being denied a truly equal seat at the table of American politics.

BR, if you reject religious thought for yourself, that is your right. The problem is that you cannot accept religious thought (strike that...Christian thought) in anyone. Your anti-Christian bias obvious. I don't see any specific rebuttals of biblical concepts, nor those of other religions. What you attack is specific beliefs or doctrines--all of which seem to be Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

That request was not directed at you, BR.

But thank you for taking another opportunity to specifically attack and mock my religion.

To further show that you do not know as much as you think you do about my religion (or apparently any religion for that matter), the plates were seen and handled by 11 people (not including Joseph Smith), who all signed written statements attesting to the fact.

Expect nothing less, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

What about polygamists who don't claim to be practicing a form of Mormonism?

What about polygamists who don't abuse children?

Indeed. <popcorn into microwave>
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #49 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Seriously? Slippery slope arguments to justify child abuse? "Parents can let their children watch R rated movies, so why not let them rape the children too?"

Some societies are bad, and deserve to be shut down - polygamous Mormonism is one of those societies.

If you don't want examples of exception as the rule reasoning, then don't engage in it. Polygamy doesn't lead to a default abuse state period. The exception exists every where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

It is very difficult to have a polygamist society where you don't (at least) kick out excess boys to become homeless. But if the children are well treated, and there is no tie between religion and polygamy (i.e. "you will go to hell unless...", or "god wants us to ...."), then I am fine with it.

I just don't think that polygamous societies like that exist. Children raised by gay parents turn out fine, children raised in polygamous households generally don't imho.

Your humble opinion isn't exactly grounds to have a court rule on the law. We endorse polygamy now as long as it is serialized. If you think the family courts don't engage in abuse, then you're wrong. They've destroyed more families than any religion ever will.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #50 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Perhaps one of the ways God communicates with us is via thoughts or feelings.

I've had very tangible, very real experiences in my life through which I have come to know that God exists.

Now, you can be like Ebenezer Scrooge and explain them away - attributing them to nothing more than "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato".

But the fact remains that you do not know what I have thought or felt or from whence such thoughts or feelings have come. I cannot "prove" that I had these divine experiences. You cannot "prove" that I did not have them.

But I assure you, they are just as real to me as the MacBook Pro on which I am typing this.



Nevertheless, you cannot say with certainty that that experience you had was NOT caused by a bit of undigested beef or crumb of cheese.

So no, I can't prove your god doesn't exist... but I (and you) can come up with all sorts of compelling evidence that your experience was caused by undigested beef... and no evidence whatsoever that it was divine intervention.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #51 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I am against it - I was fine with it until I found out that the kids get brainwashed ("You will go to hell unless you marry your 60 year old neighbor"), and that the boy children in the societies get kicked out and become homeless mostly.

Polygamy = child abuse, unlike Homosexuality in parents.

That abuse has nothing to do with polygamy... and everything to do with religion. (And I'll freely admit that the abuse has nothing to do with whether or not god exists... it's merely a product of that religion.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #52 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

That abuse has nothing to do with polygamy... and everything to do with religion. (And I'll freely admit that the abuse has nothing to do with whether or not god exists... it's merely a product of that religion.)

Sure - I agree with that. I don't have anything against polygamy if it is not mixed with religion and/or child abuse. But as soon as it is mixed with religion, that is automatically child abuse to me - since religion is a way to force people to conform.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #53 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Nevertheless, you cannot say with certainty that that experience you had was NOT caused by a bit of undigested beef or crumb of cheese.

So no, I can't prove your god doesn't exist... but I (and you) can come up with all sorts of compelling evidence that your experience was caused by undigested beef... and no evidence whatsoever that it was divine intervention.

I can say, with certainty, that the experiences I had were not the result of undigested beef. And you cannot prove otherwise.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #54 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Sure - I agree with that. I don't have anything against polygamy if it is not mixed with religion and/or child abuse. But as soon as it is mixed with religion, that is automatically child abuse to me - since religion is a way to force people to conform.

There's a reason it's called prejudice folks. E# this reasoning is just terrible. Anything that enforces conformity is abuse? By definition then laws are abuse using your reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I can say, with certainty, that the experiences I had were not the result of undigested beef. And you cannot prove otherwise.

What is funny to me is that people will endorse all manner of experience to inform their thought as long as it isn't religious. I doubt KOSH treats his significant other as an array of chemical reactions that only need be treated on decent enough terms to relieve the pressure in his groan nor would I doubt he would expect more than that of other people dealing with his friends and family.

Love, caring, hope, desire. They might just be undigested beef.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #55 of 221
A few points here. First of all, since we're debating gay sex and not gay marriage, we should be talking about sexual polygamy, not marital polygamy. Multiple sex partners is absolutely legal in most states. And I believe many of us here have been involved with multiple sex partners at some time, and we don't think it should be illegal.

Second, it's been pointed out to Trumptman time and time again that we're talking about consensual sex. Pedophilia and bestiality are not forms of consensual sex, so they can not be used as an argument against gay sex. But with full knowledge of this fact, he continues to use this bunk argument. This, folks, is intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

Third...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I can say, with certainty, that the experiences I had were not the result of undigested beef. And you cannot prove otherwise.

And I can say I have flown with the flying spaghetti monster, and you can't prove otherwise. But you certainly can ignore the validity of my claim through lack of evidence.
post #56 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

A few points here. First of all, since we're debating gay sex and not gay marriage, we should be talking about sexual polygamy, not marital polygamy. Multiple sex partners is absolutely legal in most states. And I believe many of us here have been involved with multiple sex partners at some time, and we don't think it should be illegal.

I thought it wasn't even about gay sex because it wasn't as if the church were bringing charges against their employee. Employers impose illogical standards all the time. You can't work for a Disney park and have facial hair. I doubt I'd make it as a waitress at Hooters.

Quote:
Second, it's been pointed out to Trumptman time and time again that we're talking about consensual sex. Pedophilia and bestiality are not forms of consensual sex, so they can not be used as an argument against gay sex. But with full knowledge of this fact, he continues to use this bunk argument. This, folks, is intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

It isn't about consent because consent is just a proxy for societally endorsed sexual relations. Until the Supreme Court ruled that sodomy was a matter of privacy, consenting adults could not engage in male homosexual sex even with consent of all parties involved. You can't consent if society won't grant you that right. I'm discussing that deeper right and there is nothing dishonest about that. I gave the example of bigamy which obviously is consented to by all parties but that consent is not recognized either.

Quote:
Third...
And I can say I have flown with the flying spaghetti monster, and you can't prove otherwise. But you certainly can ignore the validity of my claim through lack of evidence.

I can ignore it but of a court finds for it then it would receive equal treatment.

Done on iPhone so ignore weirdness.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #57 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And I can say I have flown with the flying spaghetti monster, and you can't prove otherwise. But you certainly can ignore the validity of my claim through lack of evidence.

I think the following words ring true with anyone who has has been mocked because they dare say they've communicated with God. Perhaps not in the exact same manner as this person, but very real and undeniable experiences all the same.

Quote:
It caused me serious reflection then, and often has since, how very strange it was that an obscure boy, of a little over fourteen years of age, and one, too, who was doomed to the necessity of obtaining a scanty maintenance by his daily labor, should be thought a character of sufficient importance to attract the attention of the great ones of the most popular sects of the day, and in a manner to create in them a spirit of the most bitter persecution and reviling. But strange or not, so it was, and it was often the cause of great sorrow to myself.

However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and heard a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise.

So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.

Joseph Smith

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #58 of 221
Thread Starter 
Hallucinations and attribution theory. Hooray. Or, you know, mendacity.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #59 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Perhaps one of the ways God communicates with us is via thoughts or feelings.

I've had very tangible, very real experiences in my life through which I have come to know that God exists.

Now, you can be like Ebenezer Scrooge and explain them away - attributing them to nothing more than "an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato".

But the fact remains that you do not know what I have thought or felt or from whence such thoughts or feelings have come. I cannot "prove" that I had these divine experiences. You cannot "prove" that I did not have them.

But I assure you, they are just as real to me as the MacBook Pro on which I am typing this.

We laugh about it now, but I remember my friend M. taking very strong acid when we were about twenty-two and him standing on the edge of a swimming pool shouting I AM NIMROD!

Yes, he was actually convinced he was a Babylonian deity.

Your subjective truths arrived at via the balance of your brain chemistry do not mean a damn thing, and are no proof of any kind of anything whatsoever.
post #60 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It isn't about consent because consent is just a proxy for societally endorsed sexual relations. Until the Supreme Court ruled that sodomy was a matter of privacy, consenting adults could not engage in male homosexual sex even with consent of all parties involved. You can't consent if society won't grant you that right. I'm discussing that deeper right and there is nothing dishonest about that. I gave the example of bigamy which obviously is consented to by all parties but that consent is not recognized either.

Bullshit. I'm talking about your intellectually dishonest inclusion of bestiality and pedophilia in your argument. I'm not talking about bigamy.

And it's not fucking consent because a child or a dog or a goat cannot fucking consent due to brain and social development. It has nothing to do with society.
post #61 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Your subjective truths arrived at via the balance of your brain chemistry do not mean a thing, and are no proof of any kind of anything whatsoever.

I don't have to prove anything about my faith to anyone.

I let God do that.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #62 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I don't have to prove anything about my faith to anyone.

I let God do that.

I can quote text from "The Night Before Christmas" ... But that doesn't prove that Santa Clause is real, Virginia.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #63 of 221
The scripture I quoted doesn't prove anything, nor did I claim it would.

But it does tell you how you can know the truth for yourself.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #64 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There's a reason it's called prejudice folks. E# this reasoning is just terrible. Anything that enforces conformity is abuse? By definition then laws are abuse using your reasoning.

I am prejudiced against polygamist Mormons, its true - I think that they are evil. Regular Mormons I am fine with, just not the 2% of them that practice polygamy.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #65 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

...But it does tell you how you can know the truth for yourself.

NO, it doesn't ... that passage is so full of caveats to cover it's ass in the event I don't "find" the truth that it is meaningless.

All you have to do is say that I have no faith, or my intent was not righteous, or my heart was not sincere... and THAT is why I didn't "see the truth" ... it couldn't possibly be that the truth just isn't there!
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #66 of 221
Did you try it?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #67 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Did you try it?

"If nothing in the world could change your mind about your beliefs, in what sense are they representative of the world in the first place?"

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #68 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Did you try it?

Did I read it? ... yes, just then. (And I've read that whole book more than once.)

My mind IS open ... show me the evidence that supports your suppositions and I'm inclined to admit I was wrong. I've done it before. It's how I got where I am.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #69 of 221
The evidence doesn't come from me.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #70 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The evidence doesn't come from me.

The evidence doesn't fucking exist.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #71 of 221
It sure does. I can testify to that.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #72 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It sure does. I can testify to that.

Then present it.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #73 of 221
I've already posted the instructions on how to obtain the evidence for yourself.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #74 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I've already posted the instructions on how to obtain the evidence for yourself.

That's not evidence. You have the burden of proof. You supply none.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #75 of 221
Thread Starter 
This is what the conservative nutters have been fighting against. Here's New York City's first legally married gay couple:



Fuck you if you want to stand in the way of their happiness.


http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...cW6EC6Esu04oOJ

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #76 of 221
I want the state out of it entirely.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #77 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

This is what the conservative nutters have been fighting against. Here's New York City's first legally married gay couple:



Fuck you if you want to stand in the way of their happiness.


http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...cW6EC6Esu04oOJ

Oh no that's evil!

I find it hard to believe that naturally, without any conditioning by society, that anyone would object to this.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #78 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

This is what the conservative nutters have been fighting against. Here's New York City's first legally married gay couple:



Fuck you if you want to stand in the way of their happiness.


http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...cW6EC6Esu04oOJ

Age, sex or cuteness of the person has no bearing here. If people believe something is wrong, it does not matter what they look like or who they are, they are still doing something wrong.

If you don't believe that it is wrong that is your position and you are entitled to it. The people who don't believe as you do are also entitled to their position. If you don't like the laws, get them changed, those opposite you will do the same. That is how this country works.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #79 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Oh no that's evil!

I find it hard to believe that naturally, without any conditioning by society, that anyone would object to this.

I find quite a few things you say hard to believe as well.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #80 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I find quite a few things you say hard to believe as well.


You think it's a natural condition of humans to separate two human beings from being together that profess to love each other?

Oh, and I should add NoahJ that I think it's evil to want to dictate what these people do, not to mention of what I think about punishing them.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Religious Absurdity Vol 1: "I'm not gay. Go ahead, measure my asshole."