or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple may begin to phase out legacy 13-inch white MacBook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple may begin to phase out legacy 13-inch white MacBook - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not a cat, though.

We're at Lion, so the only way we can step up is Mac OS X 10.8 Saber.

Or just end OS X and finally get a fully multitouch desktop OS.

That's why I broke with cats. I think Apple is through with them. Elephant is tongue in cheek of course, but hopefully it will represent the reality when the next version comes out in two years or so.

Oh yes, I think Apple is moving in that direction. But we know how Apple is. They don't show their hand until the latest possible moment.

Look at how amazingly clumsy Win8 is. The writers who like it are too tecky. I'm reading business articles that are saying that managers are going to stay a long way from it and probably wait for Win 9, or whatever it will be called.

Apple is working very hard to get changes in, but to also not confuse us too much. MS went in whole hog. They tried to put lipstick on that hog, but the tusks are showing.
post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) A snow leopard is smaller than a leopard so by your reasoning Mac OS X 10.6 was a "step backwards" from Mac OS X 10.5. But it wasn't; it was aesthetically similar but the unpinnings were greatly redesigned, hence they used the same codename with an additional word. If they do a tick/took method again it's not unprecedented for Apple to do the same thing again.

2) As long as it's Mac OS X not Mac OS XI I don't think they'll move from the cat names. I also don't think elephant would be used as there arent many paciderms to choose from.



1) Sabertooth tiger would indicate that Mac OS X is long in the tooth.

2) Mac OS X has been multitouch for years.

Snow Leopards are much more beautiful, and you had to look up the fact that they are somewhat smaller. It's not likely that people know that. But Lion? Everyone knows they are the King of the Beasts. I believe some company even made a movie about it.
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Snow Leopards are much more beautiful, and you had to look up the fact that they are somewhat smaller. It's not likely that people know that. But Lion? Everyone knows they are the King of the Beasts. I believe some company even made a movie about it.

1) More beautiful is subjective, but even if the majority view it's ironic since SL was advertised as "no new features" and little change in it's appearance.

2) I think Lion is likely the last of the car names, but I wouldn't ignore what Apple did with Leopard and Snow Leopard as detailed above.

3) To get specifics I'd have to "look up" any of the big cats, but I'm aware of the basic facts like size and even know most of their genus and species as a result of my armchair studies.

4) What category has 10 solid codenames that are as marketable as the big cats? Pastries are already taken by Android.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) More beautiful is subjective, but even if the majority view it's ironic since SL was advertised as "no new features" and little change in it's appearance.

2) I think Lion is likely the last of the car names, but I wouldn't ignore what Apple did with Leopard and Snow Leopard as detailed above.

3) To get specifics I'd have to "look up" any of the big cats, but I'm aware of the basic facts like size and even know most of their genus and species as a result of my armchair studies.

4) What category has 10 solid codenames that are as marketable as the big cats? Pastries are already taken by Android.

Who knows if they will go a full 10. They may have stopped at seven with this series.

Maybe trees. A lot of good stuff there. Or mountains. It doesn't have to be animals.
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Who knows if they will go a full 10. They may have stopped at seven with this series.

Maybe trees. A lot of good stuff there. Or mountains. It doesn't have to be animals.

Apple's moving to an outer space vibe, so why not celestial objects?

Mac OS 11: Sol, Orion, Andromeda, Virgo, Pices-Cetus, Sloan, and Cold Spot.

You know, just work up in size.

But we can't do astronomers, though. The debacle with Sagan as a codename proved that.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #86 of 89
nooo... I want macbook
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeshipping View Post

nooo... I want macbook

So buy one refurbished or from Clearance.

I question your validity...

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #88 of 89
The new cat name ?

Saber

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

The new cat name ?

Saber

9

Extinct
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple may begin to phase out legacy 13-inch white MacBook