or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › instructions for new features

instructions for new features

post #1 of 3
Hello

I am kind of new to Apple and have a few questions concerning Lion.

Do they have instructions on how to use the new features some place? They list a lot of new features on Apple's page but do not show you how to access all of them.

For instance: it states there is now a privacy pane in safari, but I am not able to find it. How do I get to it or know that my safari has been upgraded to the new version?

Thank you

Adam Birozy
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirozy View Post

Do they have instructions on how to use the new features some place? They list a lot of new features on Apple's page but do not show you how to access all of them.

I'm now looking through the Lion pages and I can't find anything that doesn't immediately jump out at me how to be used. If you have further specific examples like the one you listed below, feel free to ask them all in a single post and I'll see what I can help you do. I've been running it since Developer Preview 1, so I probably know my way around Lion.

Quote:
For instance: it states there is now a privacy pane in safari, but I am not able to find it. How do I get to it or know that my safari has been upgraded to the new version?

Is it a preference pane? It's in Safari's preferences, then.

Probably this, you mean? It's absolutely nothing new; the same stuff as before, just with preferences restructured.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is it a preference pane? It's in Safari's preferences, then.

Probably this, you mean? It's absolutely nothing new; the same stuff as before, just with preferences restructured.

Might be new. I don't see it in Safari 5.0.5.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › instructions for new features