or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple announces Lion downloads top 1 million in first day

Apple announces Lion downloads top 1 million in first day - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmythe00 View Post

My house is looking more and more like an apple retail store.

Ha - what a great comment. My house doesn't look that way but when I open the closet it could be the closet at Apple.
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

MSFT sold way more on its first day and for 10+x the price.

And yet the revenue for Microsoft's Windows division shrunk 2% in the last 2 quarters. Go figure, eh?
post #43 of 55
Adobe "warns" about upgrading to Lion, calling people installing Lion for Macs with Adobe products "Lion Tamers":
http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2011/07/lion-tamers.html
post #44 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoaddict View Post

So that's roughly 4 EXABYTES in one day..

Surely that's some sort of record.

Bzzt... off by 10^3... about 3.5 Petabytes.
post #45 of 55
deleted
post #46 of 55
I downloaded it. But couldn't really use it till yesterday. I wonder how many people were in my shoes.
post #47 of 55
I'm holding off for now. In the middle of a new contract so not going to mess with stuff. Especially since I have to be using PowerPoint on Office 2010 in Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion 3. Yes, that's how low I've sunk to get work.
post #48 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Doesn't seem all that different from what Apple Insider posts:

Users report issues installing Apple's Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...10_7_lion.html

At least for me, CS5 - PS, AI, ID and DW all started up, allowed me to create a document and the quit each without incident. Not exactly stress testing, although for Adobe... perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'm holding off for now. In the middle of a new contract so not going to mess with stuff. Especially since I have to be using PowerPoint on Office 2010 in Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion 3. Yes, that's how low I've sunk to get work.

Windows 7 under Parallels on Lion was good for me, even performed some upgrades - you know, that's a bit like open heart surgery (or daycare on the Mac \)
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #49 of 55
MacbookPro15 early 2009 version. Downloaded Lion. Immediately began to run very hot. Apple Tech support suggested a reset. Still running hot. Tried to reinstall Lion, got into an install loop and would not reload. Tech support recommended reloading Snow Leopard and wait for upcoming rev that will address this and other bugs. Refunded $30 automatically.
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but surely the fact that it's not supported doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work.

Can it be installed from a Snow Leopard disc?...

Rosetta is NOT on the Snow Leopard disc. It was a seperate download promting you when you first tried to open a PPC app.
post #51 of 55
If it's a 4GB install that would mean Apple just uploaded 4PB to its clients. I would like to see their ISP/Akamai invoice. The question then will be if the $30 is enough, with updates to follow...
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
post #52 of 55
if i install lion will it delete all of my files.(data)?
post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgan View Post

if i install lion will it delete all of my files.(data)?

I'm contemplating whether to answer seriously or humorously...

Because, you know, this is probably the easiest question to answer of any software update ever.

Still can't decide.

I'll let you.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #54 of 55
Lion killed my time machine back up. I now have NO back up capability. Apparently Lion is not compatible with 90% of the 3rd party external drives. I would advise anyone who uses time machine as a back up system to wait until the drive manufacturers release compatible drivers.
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroaudio15 View Post

MacbookPro15 early 2009 version. Downloaded Lion. Immediately began to run very hot. Apple Tech support suggested a reset. Still running hot. Tried to reinstall Lion, got into an install loop and would not reload. Tech support recommended reloading Snow Leopard and wait for upcoming rev that will address this and other bugs. Refunded $30 automatically.

Same thing happened to me. Lion completely screwed my 2011 MBP! Now I gotta try to recover my files and reinstall snow leopard.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple announces Lion downloads top 1 million in first day