or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Budget Deal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Budget Deal - Page 14

post #521 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

That's racist. WSJ is racist. Bret Stephens is a racist. Did I mention racism? Dog whistle! Palin!

It's Bachmann now FJ! Get with the program!! Also don't forget to mix hostage, extremist and terrorist in with the racism so it isn't so obvious!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #522 of 736
I'm sorry, but she looks psycho. WTF kind of a Newsweek picture is that? May be intentional by the editors, but honestly, my first impression is WTF?

In other news:

More on the dollar... It's starting to "correct" downwards:

http://www.dailyfx.com/forex/fundame..._08092011.html

Dollar Strength Fragile as Markets Weigh the Fed against Stability
There are many repercussions with downgrading the United States top credit rating; and it seems pretty clear through Mondays price action which concern came out on top. Despite the implications that a downgrade holds for the greenbacks primary fundamental appeal in the FX market, habit is hard to ignore. And, there is no more engrained tendency in the global capital markets than running to US Treasuries during a flight to safety. If we werent in the midst of a global unwinding of risky positioning, the greenback would likely have collapsed further and essentially struggled to perform any near-term safe haven role. Yet, this downgrade comes at a strategically beneficial time for the dollar where leverage was already being unwound at an aggressive pace; and the Standard & Poors downgrade to AA+ read more easily as a crisis point than it did as a dollar consideration. So, what we are left with here; is a market that is prioritizing its many signals not unusual. Yet, this prevailing dollar strength could fail very quickly in the near future depending on which path the markets follow.
post #523 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I'm sorry, but she looks psycho. WTF kind of a Newsweek picture is that? May be intentional by the editors, but honestly, my first impression is WTF?

Of course it's intentional. It's also a good example of why nobody reads Newsweek anymore.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #524 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Of course it's intentional. It's also a good example of why nobody reads Newsweek anymore.

Wow. I honestly did not know they slid so far so fast. I thought they were at least hanging on. Once the desperation kicks in like this, it's all downhill for a magazine.
post #525 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actions have consequences.

Yes, they do.

We cut taxes for the richest people in America, under the promise that it would lead to increased economic activity, more jobs, and increased revenue.

It didn't work, did it?

We were also promised that the cut would be temporary.

It wasn't, was it?

We started two wars, while Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

That didn't happen, did it? And geez... the premise presented to Congress to start those wars was either a lie, or a gross miscalculation. Surprise, surprise. Even those of us on this board knew Bush was lying (remember the thread?) How the FUCK couldn't Congress, including the majority of Democrats, have had the wherewithal to question his motives?

Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Unfortunately, in the next election, no Liberal will be in the running.
post #526 of 736
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-0...covery/2831674

The Australian share market bottomed for the day just after 11:00am (AEST), but did not make steep gains until well after midday.

The Australian dollar bottomed out around 12:15pm at 99.28 US cents, but has since rallied to be worth 101.63 US cents by 5:54pm.

Fund managers say the dramatic mid-afternoon rally was sparked by a rumour that the US Federal Reserve will announce another round of quantitative easing when it meets tonight in a bid to stop the financial market slide turning into an economic slump.

Quantitative easing involves the Fed buying treasury bonds, effectively pumping hundreds of billions more US dollars into the global economy.


So, American ladies and gents, is QE3 coming? Or is this now the US and global stock market holding the US government hostage to some degree by "pricing in" a QE3 ... aka "Give us QE3 or we'll trash US stocks even more" ...
post #527 of 736
post #528 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, they do.

We cut taxes for the richest people in America, under the promise that it would lead to increased economic activity, more jobs, and increased revenue.

It didn't work, did it?

We were also promised that the cut would be temporary.

It wasn't, was it?

We started two wars, while Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

That didn't happen, did it? And geez... the premise presented to Congress to start those wars was either a lie, or a gross miscalculation. Surprise, surprise. Even those of us on this board knew Bush was lying (remember the thread?) How the FUCK couldn't Congress, including the majority of Democrats, have had the wherewithal to question his motives?

Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Unfortunately, in the next election, no Liberal will be in the running.

And now, Mr. Tonton, I present to you... QE3... to "solve" the financial woes... Or as it will be presented, something that "has to be done or else..."
post #529 of 736
Michael Moore to Obama: Show some guts, arrest S&P head:

Quote:
Liberal firebrand Michael Moore called on President Obama to respond to the U.S. credit downgrade by arresting the leaders of the credit-ratings agencies.

Quote:
He went on to link approvingly to an article last week in the Guardian, a left-wing British newspaper, about a police raid in Milan against the offices of S&P and fellow ratings agency Moodys. Italian police were searching for evidence on whether the rating agencies, in the words of a local prosecutor, respect regulations as they carry out their work.

Heres how they roll in Italy when it comes to these bastards, Mr. Moore cheered.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #530 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

So, American ladies and gents, is QE3 coming?

A 100 quintillion (100,000,000,000,000,000,000, or 1020; 100 million million million)Hungarian pengő note (when issued, it was worth about US 0.2¢):



A 100 trillion dollar Zimbabwe note (2009):



Hyperinflation in Germany, 1918-1923:



Sweeping the streets of worthless Hungarian currency (1946):



An ounce of gold (year? Who cares )



Central banks always fail.
A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #531 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Central banks always fail.

A US default is not unprecedented. We have defaulted in the past, several times in fact.

I have a couple of these lying around:



Notice that it says "Five Dollars in Silver Payable to the Bearer On Demand" Good luck with that!

Somewhere I have some $20 gold certificates; the legend bears a slight difference - it says "this note is legal tender for all debts public and private and is redeemable in lawful money at the US Treasury or any Federal Reserve Bank".

When the Treasury defaulted upon that agreement, I decided to bypass that whole "redeeming" thing.
A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #532 of 736
Quote:

Yeah Obama! Show us you got some game!

Im LeBron, baby. I can play on this level. I got some game. -- Barack Obama, 7/27/2004

http://twitter.com/#!/jimgeraghty/st...05433641136128
A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #533 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, they do.

We cut taxes for the richest people in America, under the promise that it would lead to increased economic activity, more jobs, and increased revenue.

It didn't work, did it?

Of course it did work. Do you not remember the recession of 2000 and the dot com bubble popping? I guess you don't because unlike qualitative easing, massive stimulus and massive government intervention, it worked.

Quote:
We were also promised that the cut would be temporary.

It wasn't, was it?

I've never read a promise of a temporary tax cut. The first time it was passed it was limited to 10 years because of the evenly divided Senate and use of the Byrd rule which limits such items to 10 years. After the 10 years were up a Democratic President and a Congressional House and Senate controlled by Democrats extended the tax cuts but also added Obamacare, Frank/Dodd, etc to the regulatory heap.

Quote:
We started two wars, while Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

When you say we, make sure you include every major Democrat who is not Obama in that we. Then you can add President Obama for getting boners in Libya, and for stepping on the gas in Afghanistan. You can also remember (as you noted before) that I was the guy who before he even took power told you that Pax Americana is not a Republican or Democratic policy and that Obama would do the exact same thing.

I've also noted, and will state again that whenever someone tries to end Pax Americana, the neocons and Democrats gang up on them and declare they are racist.

YOU THINK about which group right now exists in politics that would prefer to save cash, and bring the troops home and you think about what YOU and others have already been labeling them over and over. You ask yourself if a guy like Ron Paul and many others like him support these wars.

Quote:
That didn't happen, did it? And geez... the premise presented to Congress to start those wars was either a lie, or a gross miscalculation. Surprise, surprise. Even those of us on this board knew Bush was lying (remember the thread?) How the FUCK couldn't Congress, including the majority of Democrats, have had the wherewithal to question his motives?

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand


Check your premises, there isn't a contradiction. The Congress didn't check the premises because they have the same premises. Big government, centrally planned actions, nation building. If you believe you can do it at home, you believe you can do it abroad.

Quote:
Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Get your own head out of your own ass and realize that NEO-con is old liberal. The U.N., the IMF, Korea, Vietnam, crony-capitalism, etc. are Democratic policies and that the RINO's who want to do the same are free to ignore the Libertarians/Tea Party who would reform the process because you buy into labels and caricatures rather than trying some thinking. Turn back on Jon Stewart and watch him make another 10 million making you laugh instead of think.

Quote:
Unfortunately, in the next election, no Liberal will be in the running.

You find for me a healthy socialist country that, regardless of current credit rating has a sustainable financial and demographic model for the future and you have a point on which to build. If you can't then the solution cannot be that which doesn't exist.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #534 of 736
It's worth pointing out that the US didn't start the war in Afghanistan.
post #535 of 736
Didn't really start the war in Iraq either.
post #536 of 736
What universe are you living in, Floorjack? Seriously.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #537 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

Not quite.

Obama to Members of Congress: Action Versus Libya to Last "Days not Weeks"

Quote:
Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Liberal is conservative! War is peace! Freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength!

A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #538 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

What universe are you living in, Floorjack? Seriously.

Eh? 9-11 didn't happen? The US invaded Kuwait? Seriously?
post #539 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Eh? 9-11 didn't happen? The US invaded Kuwait? Seriously?

The 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, with the exception of one, who was from the United Arab Emirates.

So in response, we attack, invade, and occupy Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya.

Huh?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #540 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, with the exception of one, who was from the United Arab Emirates.

So in response, we attack, invade, and occupy Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya.

Huh?

Al queda is a myth right? They never recruited terrorists and trained them in Afghanistan? The invasion was the for the oil pipeline?

One thing I'm sure of though is that Libya only attacked their own people (this time around) and yet Obama started a war with them without authorization. Fascist that he is. Where are the howls of the "Imperial President"? How about a "die in" or something?
post #541 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, they do.

We cut taxes for the richest people in America, under the promise that it would lead to increased economic activity, more jobs, and increased revenue.

It didn't work, did it?

I'm so sick of the lies being propagated about the Bush tax cuts. First, we didn't just cut taxes for the wealthy...we cut taxes for everyone. The middle class and lower economic class got a significant reduction. I, as a truly middle income person, saved thousands per year. Secondly, yes...it did work. The economy recovered within a year and was practically booming by 2005. Third, yes..we did see increased revenue. Look at the fucking data, tonton.

Quote:

We were also promised that the cut would be temporary.

It wasn't, was it?

We weren't "promised" anything. The law was written with a ten year window. Can you show me where Bush and/or the Republicans even IMPLIED that those cuts would not be extended?

Quote:

We started two wars, while Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

It's like you have a script. I suppose one could argue that we "started" the Iraq war. In my opinion that is an incredibly simplistic and flawed analysis, but one could argue it. But Afghanistan? I think you have a tough sell there.

Quote:


That didn't happen, did it? And geez... the premise presented to Congress to start those wars was either a lie, or a gross miscalculation. Surprise, surprise. Even those of us on this board knew Bush was lying (remember the thread?) How the FUCK couldn't Congress, including the majority of Democrats, have had the wherewithal to question his motives?

Let me get this straight. George Bush (professional moron in your opinion) FOOLED the entire Congress and the American people? You know full well that Congress saw the same intelligence re: WMD that Bush did. Everyone believed that Saddam had them, including foreign intelligence services. Congress not only "went along," they made the arguments that Bush did. John Kerry was claiming Saddam was a threat and had WMD as late as January 2003! Get fucking real.

Quote:

Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Unfortunately, in the next election, no Liberal will be in the running.

What are "conservative financial policies?"
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #542 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Al queda is a myth right? They never recruited terrorists and trained them in Afghanistan? The invasion was the for the oil pipeline?

One thing I'm sure of though is that Libya only attacked their own people (this time around) and yet Obama started a war with them without authorization. Fascist that he is. Where are the howls of the "Imperial President"? How about a "die in" or something?

The idea that they are and always have been our mortal enemies is a myth. The State's use of war is straight out of 1984.

Much, if not most of the foreign aid we've sent to Afghanistan and Pakistan ends up in the hands of the Taliban, Al Qaeda and their supporters. Our government is well aware of this. If it has no "enemy" to fight, it cannot as easily justify its continued invasion and occupation of sovereign nations. It cannot as easily justify its continued infringement upon our rights to "keep us safe". It cannot as easily justify its continued and growing theft through taxation.

Moreover, we are fighting on the SAME SIDE as Al Qaeda in Libya.

Osama bin Laden used to be our buddy, remember? We gave him money and weapons as we meddled in the Soviet war in Afghanistan back in the 70s and 80s.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #543 of 736
Quote:
Liberal firebrand Michael Moore called on President Obama to respond to the U.S. credit downgrade by arresting the leaders of the credit-ratings agencies.

Just to be clear, does anyone on this board think that going down this road would be a good idea?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #544 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The idea that they are and always have been our mortal enemies is a myth. The State's use of war is straight out of 1984.

Much, if not most of the foreign aid we've sent to Afghanistan and Pakistan ends up in the hands of the Taliban, Al Qaeda and their supporters. Our government is well aware of this. If it has no "enemy" to fight, it cannot as easily justify its continued invasion and occupation of sovereign nations. It cannot as easily justify its continued infringement upon our rights to "keep us safe". It cannot as easily justify its continued and growing theft through taxation.

Moreover, we are fighting on the SAME SIDE as Al Qaeda in Libya.

Osama bin Laden used to be our buddy, remember? We gave him money and weapons as we meddled in the Soviet war in Afghanistan back in the 70s and 80s.

Revisionist history on your part. Certainly during the soviet occupation the US gave funds and supplies to people in Afghanistan which later became the teliban as well as the northern alliance and what not. Once the soviets left the US dropped them like a rock. So the US didn't really fund "the Taliban, Al Qaeda and their supporters". That's the leftists lie. The CIA operative in Afghanistan said he knew of bin laden but never crossed paths with him. Even then bin laden wanted nothing to do with the US he said.

Ignorance is your bliss. Blame the US early, often and with lies.
post #545 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Revisionist history on your part. Certainly during the soviet occupation the US gave funds and supplies to people in Afghanistan which later became the teliban as well as the northern alliance and what not. Once the soviets left the US dropped them like a rock. So the US didn't really fund "the Taliban, Al Qaeda and their supporters". That's the leftists lie. The CIA operative in Afghanistan said he knew of bin laden but never crossed paths with him. Even then bin laden wanted nothing to do with the US he said.

Ignorance is your bliss. Blame the US early, often and with lies.

Was the ad-hom really necessary? You were doing so well until you called me an ignorant liar.

I am not revising history. We can disagree on cause and effect and what has led us here, but the fact remains that we were at one time on the same side as Osama bin Laden and supported him (and his colleagues) with money and weapons. I surmise that most Americans are not even aware of this.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #546 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Was the ad-hom really necessary? You were doing so well until you called me an ignorant liar.

I am not revising history. We can disagree on cause and effect and what has led us here, but the fact remains that we were at one time on the same side as Osama bin Laden and supported him (and his colleagues) with money and weapons. I surmise that most Americans are not even aware of this.


The US never supported bin laden. That is a lie that you are telling because you are ignorant. If that fact feels like an attack to you then thicken your skin. Being on the same side of a goal and actions to kick the soviets out of Afghanistan is basically meaningless when the two parties never cross paths. I think it was frontline that had the interview with CIA operative that was acting in afghanistan at the time. Try and go find it.
post #547 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

The US never supported bin laden. That is a lie that you are telling because you are ignorant. If that fact feels like an attack to you then thicken your skin. Being on the same side of a goal and actions to kick the soviets out of Afghanistan is basically meaningless when the two parties never cross paths. I think it was frontline that had the interview with CIA operative that was acting in afghanistan at the time. Try and go find it.

The U.S. government supported OBL and his colleagues in the Soviet war in Afghanistan. It doesn't matter that the money changed hands a couple times before it got to them. It was our money. Of course back then they really couldn't have known the consequences of their interventionism. The results we are now witnessing are a result of blowback.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #548 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm so sick of the lies being propagated about the Bush tax cuts. First, we didn't just cut taxes for the wealthy...we cut taxes for everyone.

I'm so sick of the lies Conservatives tell about what Liberals say about the Bush tax cuts. No one said the tax cuts were "only" for the rich. And it's hilarious that just because you were thrown a bone in the deal, you excuse the fact that the richest people in America, people who didn't need it, and people who didn't then go and create jobs with it, were thrown a sirloin steak.
post #549 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm so sick of the lies Conservatives tell about what Liberals say about the Bush tax cuts. No one said the tax cuts were "only" for the rich. And it's hilarious that just because you were thrown a bone in the deal, you excuse the fact that the richest people in America, people who didn't need it, and people who didn't then go and create jobs with it, were thrown a sirloin steak.

The above demonstrates three things:

1) You don't understand what the Bush tax cuts actually are.
2) You cannot accept the obvious results of them being implemented.
3) You love class warfare.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #550 of 736
Class warfare has existed for 30 years--the rich against everyone else. And what's most insidious is they have somehow convinced half of the everyone else to fight their battle for them.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #551 of 736
"The rich are evil because I'm not one of them."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #552 of 736
No, the rich are evil because they don't know what 'enough' means. They can honestly say their $250k salary is not enough, yet claim the family living on 15k has plenty. It's selfish derangement.

Meanwhile, if Obama bails out BofA again, I can tell you that's most certainly a Conservative financial move.
post #553 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, the rich are evil because they don't know what 'enough' means.

No, the rich are not evil...at least categorically. Evil people are evil and they have paychecks and bank balances of all sizes.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #554 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No, the rich are not evil...at least categorically. Evil people are evil and they have paychecks and bank balances of all sizes.

I am going to have to agree with this statement 100%.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #555 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm so sick of the lies Conservatives tell about what Liberals say about the Bush tax cuts. No one said the tax cuts were "only" for the rich. And it's hilarious that just because you were thrown a bone in the deal, you excuse the fact that the richest people in America, people who didn't need it, and people who didn't then go and create jobs with it, were thrown a sirloin steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The above demonstrates three things:

1) You don't understand what the Bush tax cuts actually are.
2) You cannot accept the obvious results of them being implemented.
3) You love class warfare.

Well, I was working in the US at the time so I got about a $1,000 cheque or something like that thanks to Dubya.

I think there was some stimulation of the economy but some believe it to be fairly short term. The war in Iraq and the mortgage crisis probably wiped out most of that stimulation.

Just my two cents because I did benefit from the tax cut. Can't remember exactly what I spent it on, probably Apple stuff. Or maybe lots of Cosmopolitans at SF bars.

(Yes, I'm talking here about the initial refund, given separately from a regular IRS filing and refund). In the longer term I can't comment too much since I left the US in Jan 2003.
post #556 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The above demonstrates three things:

1) You don't understand what the Bush tax cuts actually are.
2) You cannot accept the obvious results of them being implemented.
3) You love class warfare.

1) Of course I do.
2) It is you who cannot admit that any "result" was temporary.
3) Class warfare is the very motivation for trickle down theory. You've all been duped.
post #557 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Class warfare has existed for 30 years--the rich against everyone else. And what's most insidious is they have somehow convinced half of the everyone else to fight their battle for them.

A whole 30 years? I guess that Karl Marx fellow was making crap up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, the rich are evil because they don't know what 'enough' means. They can honestly say their $250k salary is not enough, yet claim the family living on 15k has plenty. It's selfish derangement.

Meanwhile, if Obama bails out BofA again, I can tell you that's most certainly a Conservative financial move.

You choose such arbitrary numbers and who are you to decide them. I, being a man more progressive and in touch than you have decided your families salary is more than enough and if you declare it not enough then you are obviously evil and need to be dealt with accordingly.

Too big to fail is a liberal position. They scream about how the jobs will be lost. Bush as has been noted hundreds of times was not especially conservative. Being a "new" kind of conservative that resembles and old kind of liberal is not a conservative position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

1) Of course I do.
2) It is you who cannot admit that any "result" was temporary.
3) Class warfare is the very motivation for trickle down theory. You've all been duped.

When we see trickle down of features in consumer electronics, is that an area we've all been duped? When we see what used to be a machine that was $5000 now have the same work done by a machine that is $500 is that some sort of delusion? Why do I constantly see these trickled down improvements in capitalistic companies and not believe this to be true of finance as well? What jobs do people make money at now that are nothing more than services provided to well off and wealthy people?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #558 of 736
Thread Starter 
The US is expected to have a $20 trillion debt hanging over it's head by 2015.

I wonder what Clinton thinks-

"If we maintain our fiscal discipline, using the surplus to pay down the debt and using the savings to strengthen Social Security, America will entirely pay off the national debt by 2015," Clinton told reporters on the White House lawn.
~ http://money.cnn.com/1999/06/28/economy/clinton/
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #559 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, they do.

We cut taxes for the richest people in America, under the promise that it would lead to increased economic activity, more jobs, and increased revenue.

It didn't work, did it?

We were also promised that the cut would be temporary.

It wasn't, was it?

We started two wars, while Conservatives declared such boners as, "It will pay for itself", and, "Weeks, not months."

That didn't happen, did it? And geez... the premise presented to Congress to start those wars was either a lie, or a gross miscalculation. Surprise, surprise. Even those of us on this board knew Bush was lying (remember the thread?) How the FUCK couldn't Congress, including the majority of Democrats, have had the wherewithal to question his motives?

Get your head out of your ass and realize that the reason we are still in a financial mess is because of conservative policies and efforts, including those of Mr. Conservative Obama.

Unfortunately, in the next election, no Liberal will be in the running.

The wonderful GOP Party gives a shit about power and making money off the backs of the middle class and poor!Unfortunately there are not any good Democrats left like FDR who stood for the people not against them like this loser Obama. It shows a Black cannot run the USA yet.This is true completely.
post #560 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

The wonderful GOP Party gives a shit about power and making money off the backs of the middle class and poor!Unfortunately there are not any good Democrats left like FDR who stood for the people not against them like this loser Obama. It shows a Black cannot run the USA yet.This is true completely.

No, it shows that you don't respect a whole portion of the human population.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Budget Deal