or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac book pro fan suddenly runs hot because of os x lion

Mac book pro fan suddenly runs hot because of os x lion

post #1 of 6
Has anyone experienced their fan or video card suddenly running using OS X Lion? I have noticed mine suddenly run fast and I also noticed that it starts when I plugin the charger. It runs for a few minutes, and the calculated time before it becomes fully charged jumps to 10 up to 12 hours. This never happened in snow leopard. This is understandable when playing a game but not when only using safari, mail and iTunes are open. I'm was not accessing any graphic intensive website.
post #2 of 6
You need to tell us your model of MacBook Pro. My 2009 MacBook Pro seems to run a little warmer under Lion. It's a minor annoyance. Although I can't tell. I live in Massachusetts. As you know, it's very hot & humid here the few days. I don't have AC in my house. So it could be just that it's actually hot.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #3 of 6
I'm using a 15" Mac book pro 2011 version, the model with ati 6750m graphics card.
post #4 of 6
it probably has to do with the fact that Lion likes to make use of all the power your computer can provide. So I took a leap and installed 10.7.2 and found that...well...it uses less memory (2gb) compared to 10.7 (4gb). So i think - there's no way to actually confirm this because in the notes all it says is "TBA"...which also implies that 10.7.1 is going to (most likely) be a bug fix rush.
post #5 of 6
My 2009 MBP started running hot BEFORE lion. Now it seems better....so go figure. It may also be that you're still indexing. That sucks a lot of resources for up to 2 hours.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #6 of 6
Yeah, probably just need to wait for a software update. Thanks for replying.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac book pro fan suddenly runs hot because of os x lion