or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple now taking 2/3 share of mobile phone industry profits

Apple now taking 2/3 share of mobile phone industry profits - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Rather, it suggests Apple make phones that people think are worthy of such a mark-up in price, because of quality.

Android phones, however, aren't considered to have such quality, and so people won't pay as much for them. They will barely pay cost price. Considering the market share for Android, it's pathetic that they can't even hold Apple at 50%.

This isn't about overcharging, it's about quality of product and the value of an iPhone to each person.

Sorry that you are mislead. I'm quite sure there are as many people that buy apple products because of name branding as much as an issue of quality. Android phones actually are considered by those that have owned them both, to have the same quality and better in some area's, less in others. That argument is subject to your personal opinion as it is others.

As for the lack of buyers remorse, I will only say this. I have spent 2 years working for a company that refurbished and resold cell phones to their respective carriers. Where this and other business make their best money is in "Cherry" or "A1" quality phones. Those are buyers remorse phones that spent less than a week in the owners hands before being returned for whatever reason. Since Verizon picked up the iPhone, the number 1 "Cherry" return was the iPhone. You can argue the 5 - 20 people you know have never been unhappy with their product, I can argue the 1000's of Apple phones i've scanned and shipped back to Verizon is a more telling tale.

You can justify spending however much you think your phone is worth to yourself and others. It's your money after all.

Want some Oklahoma ocean front property?
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The Apple iPhone and iPad paid for my new toys...

Thanks Apple, Keep up the good work!

Sir, may I ask: do you own stock or was the iMac paid because of an app you created? If it's an app I'd like a link to it as I think your posts are very informative.

Thanks!
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymone View Post

Since Verizon picked up the iPhone, the number 1 "Cherry" return was the iPhone.

So you are saying the current reported 40-50% return rate on Android devices is a sham and Apple doesn't only have a 1.7% return rate on iPhones? Even during the worst part of the contrived Antennagate period? You are giving a personal observation that it totally out of whack with third party reporting to date.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple now taking 2/3 share of mobile phone industry profits