or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Carbon Clone Copy

Carbon Clone Copy

post #1 of 5
As anyone ever used Carbon Clone Copy? thanks Marv
post #2 of 5
Do you by chance mean "Carbon Copy Cloner" ?

If so, then yes. It does just what it claims to do and does it rather well.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Do you by chance mean "Carbon Copy Cloner" ?

If so, then yes. It does just what it claims to do and does it rather well.

Sorry I posted the app wrong.That is what i meant.Using this app you still need an external drive to back up all your data right?Thanks
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Sorry I posted the app wrong.That is what i meant.Using this app you still need an external drive to back up all your data right?Thanks

You don't NEED one ... It'll back-up to a different partition on your existing drive... but that kinda defeats the purpose of a "backup", no?
It'll back up to CD/DVD media as well if you prefer.
(But yes, the primary use, i would suspect, is to backup to an external drive.)
You can select to have the backup volume be simple file-storage... or you can choose to make it a bootable drive including the OS and everything you need to boot up the computer from the backup disk.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

You don't NEED one ... It'll back-up to a different partition on your existing drive... but that kinda defeats the purpose of a "backup", no?
It'll back up to CD/DVD media as well if you prefer.
(But yes, the primary use, i would suspect, is to backup to an external drive.)
You can select to have the backup volume be simple file-storage... or you can choose to make it a bootable drive including the OS and everything you need to boot up the computer from the backup disk.

Thanks I appreciate this information you gave me. I might buy a dvd and back it up from this.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Carbon Clone Copy