post #1 of 1
Hi all, hope you can help!

I bought my daughter a personalised IPOD Nano for Christmas and, unfortunately, the sleep button has got stuck.

She made an appointment and we travelled to the Apple Store Birmingham where we were told that it couldn't be replaced with personalisation there but that she would update the records to show she'd confirmed the problem and we could do a return via the depot.

So far so good...

I try to arrange a return via the web address she gave - no option to arrange a return, so I then ring Apple Customer Service and explain, they've very helpful up until the point that they ask me for my credit card details to act as a surety for the fact that Apple will send a new, engraved, Nano and expect the old one to be returned. When I explain I have no credit card they again very helpfully offer to take £165 from a debit card which will be refunded when the old, broken one, is received back.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that's the policy and he can't change it.

I am furious at this, due to a divorce my daughter has precious little that she can see as "ours", this is one thing.

I don't have a credit card, don't have £165 that I can give Apple for three weeks (to add to their cash mountain larger than the continental US) and my 13yr old daughter doesn't want to lose the personalisation.

Is there anyone at all I can contact to get this sorted out? My natural inclination is to go direct to the Boss (if I had Steve Job's e-mail address), I work for IBM and know just what a Chairmans "deal with it!" can achieve, but if there's a better way I'd love to know?