or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Cant Find printer drivers

Cant Find printer drivers

post #1 of 5
According to HP the driver for my HP Photosmart C4580 Im new to mac just got this one in june and need a little help finding the driver to set the printer up to print wirelessly
Powerbook G4 1.3 GHZ MBP(Early 2011)i5,iPhone 4 16GB(CDMA),iPad 2 3G 64GB,iPhone 4S 32 GB(GSM),TV,Time Capsule 2TB
Powerbook G4 1.3 GHZ MBP(Early 2011)i5,iPhone 4 16GB(CDMA),iPad 2 3G 64GB,iPhone 4S 32 GB(GSM),TV,Time Capsule 2TB
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRod View Post

According to HP the driver for my HP Photosmart C4580 Im new to mac just got this one in june and need a little help finding the driver to set the printer up to print wirelessly

i would go to hp.com
then go to support and search for the drivers for your printer and select your operating system as you do so.
that usually work for hp stuff under mac osx
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

i would go to hp.com
then go to support and search for the drivers for your printer and select your operating system as you do so.
that usually work for hp stuff under mac osx

Hps site says the driver is pre installed I found them in the finder once before but since I jumped ship to lion I havent been able to locate them
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekRod View Post

Hps site says the driver is pre installed I found them in the finder once before but since I jumped ship to lion I havent been able to locate them

ok, after you download and install the drivers/software from HP, iThink you need to attach your printer to the computer, open "System Preferences" and
see if you can set it up from the "Print & Scan" icon in the hardware section. If the printer already shows up in the printers list but won't work, try deleting that printer from the printer list in the left column, then add it again to see if that solves your problem.
The printers own individual utility should be available from the same system prefs printer area. it may also be in your Utilities folder. search for HP Printer Utility from spotlight if all else fails.
BTW, I ditched the HP and got an epson. For me HP was a pain to deal with. I had many issues with the printers working one day then needing to be reset up on another...
I have never reloaded this epson in 2 years and many OSX updates. Just Sayin'
post #5 of 5
Yeah I ditched HP computers for my MBP think im just cutting HP completely way too much stress then its worth.Thanks for the help man
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Cant Find printer drivers