or Connect

Somalia - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And this source says that 70% of all the people in Hong Kong gave in 2010. only 60% of Americans gave.

You originally (and boldly) claimed that the people of Hong Kong gave far more than Americans. This fact refuted, you're moving the goal posts and quibbling over a few percentage points of how many gave? Seriously?

Do you realize this makes the Americans that do give even more generous even if there are fewer of them?

I think it's great that the people of Hong Kong give generously and that the people of America give generously too. I also think it would be great if people gave more. This needn't be a contest.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You originally (and boldly) claimed that the people of Hong Kong gave far more than Americans. This fact refuted, you're moving the goal posts and quibbling over a few percentage points of how many gave? Seriously?

Do you realize this makes the Americans that do give even more generous even if there are fewer of them?

I think it's great that the people of Hong Kong give generously and that the people of America give generously too. I also think it would be great if people gave more. This needn't be a contest.

Agreed. And I'm not moving the goalposts. I've already admitted I was wrong about American giving.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Privately, we do. On a per capita basis, far more than 'Christian' America. Publically, we also sent officials and money to Phuket, Indonesia, China after the earthquake and of course Japan.

I personally donated money for all these, though not to Somalia, I admit.

What ever happened to Sally Struthers, anyway?

Glad to hear that.Sally Struthers I believe died.Not sure though.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider