or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Optimal mac for games

Optimal mac for games

post #1 of 3
H1, i have mbp 2011 13 inchs, i am thinking about purchasing 2nd mac , but i am not sure is it better to take mbp 15 or 17 inch or iMac
post #2 of 3
It depends on which games you play. The 6770M iMac is about double the performance of the 6490M MBP and comparable price but the MBP will still play most games at a decent quality and framerate.

Also consider the Mac Mini with the 6630M GPU. It's only $800 (almost $1000 less than the others), is faster than the 6490M MBP and you can plug it into a TV via HDMI (1080p 32" would be about $300-400) or you can get an IPS screen for about $200-300 (20"-23").
post #3 of 3
It may be a little sacrilegious but I'm thinking that a for a dedicated gaming rig the best mac for gaming might be a hackintosh or simply just using Win7 and skipping the OSX aspect entirely.

Many mac ports IMHO have been total suckage in comparison to their PC version. If you have a 2011 MBP and you want a dedicated gaming rig, that'd be my recommendation.

Or just a PS3 if you don't already have one.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Optimal mac for games