or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › OBAMA BIn laDEN: PAL'IN With TERRORISTS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OBAMA BIn laDEN: PAL'IN With TERRORISTS.

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
It wasn't long ago that Palin was ratcheting up voters by implying that Obama was a terrorist. That was undoubtedly the lowest I had seen an American politician sink to and still is. Now the shoes on the other foot though, as Democrats angrily strike back at the Tea Party for forcing a downgrade of Americas AAA rating by comparing them to terrorists.

It's ugly for sure, but the implication isn't the kind of terrorism that involves bombs, that Palin was alluding to. This is more of an anology. Nobody's expecting elected Tea Partiers who these labels are pinned to, to suddenly get in a plane and fly it into government buildings, massacre political volunteers and organizers, or set off dirty bombs at Democratic rallies and nobody's trying to make you think they would, unlike Palin.

Your thoughts?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

...the Tea Party for forcing a downgrade of Americas AAA rating...

You keep saying that like it's true or even makes logical sense.

Furthermore, you don't think that Democrats calling those who propose a different fiscal plan terrorists, jihadists and hostage takers is pretty much as low as someone can go?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You keep saying that like it's true or even makes logical sense.

Furthermore, you don't think that Democrats calling those who propose a different fiscal plan terrorists, jihadists and hostage takers is pretty much as low as someone can go?

I think the swift boaters, the birthers, and even the McCain black baby theorists (it's not a partisan thing, though Republicans are far more likely to use this disgusting form of smear tactics) are all much, much lower, honestly.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It wasn't long ago that Palin was ratcheting up voters by implying that Obama was a terrorist. That was undoubtedly the lowest I had seen an American politician sink to and still is. Now the shoes on the other foot though, as Democrats angrily strike back at the Tea Party for forcing a downgrade of Americas AAA rating by comparing them to terrorists.

It's ugly for sure, but the implication isn't the kind of terrorism that involves bombs, that Palin was alluding to. This is more of an anology. Nobody's expecting elected Tea Partiers who these labels are pinned to, to suddenly get in a plane and fly it into government buildings, massacre political volunteers and organizers, or set off dirty bombs at Democratic rallies and nobody's trying to make you think they would, unlike Palin.

Your thoughts?

Like I always said in my life politics is a dirty game and what you see now is complete bullshit on both sides.Palin is an idiot and what she says amounts to zero!This in essence is tit for tat.No real maturity at all.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It wasn't long ago that Palin was ratcheting up voters by implying that Obama was a terrorist. That was undoubtedly the lowest I had seen an American politician sink to and still is. Now the shoes on the other foot though, as Democrats angrily strike back at the Tea Party for forcing a downgrade of Americas AAA rating by comparing them to terrorists.

It's ugly for sure, but the implication isn't the kind of terrorism that involves bombs, that Palin was alluding to. This is more of an anology. Nobody's expecting elected Tea Partiers who these labels are pinned to, to suddenly get in a plane and fly it into government buildings, massacre political volunteers and organizers, or set off dirty bombs at Democratic rallies and nobody's trying to make you think they would, unlike Palin.

Your thoughts?



You're a real piece of work, Hands.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It wasn't long ago that Palin was ratcheting up voters by implying that Obama was a terrorist. That was undoubtedly the lowest I had seen an American politician sink to and still is. Now the shoes on the other foot though, as Democrats angrily strike back at the Tea Party for forcing a downgrade of Americas AAA rating by comparing them to terrorists.

It's ugly for sure, but the implication isn't the kind of terrorism that involves bombs, that Palin was alluding to. This is more of an anology. Nobody's expecting elected Tea Partiers who these labels are pinned to, to suddenly get in a plane and fly it into government buildings, massacre political volunteers and organizers, or set off dirty bombs at Democratic rallies and nobody's trying to make you think they would, unlike Palin.

Your thoughts?

Well, if Mitch McConnell doesn't like being called a terrorist then he shouldn't use words like "hostage" in his rhetoric.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You keep saying that like it's true or even makes logical sense.

Furthermore, you don't think that Democrats calling those who propose a different fiscal plan terrorists, jihadists and hostage takers is pretty much as low as someone can go?

It was dangerous politics playing with default and downgrades. You really can't see that?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post



You're a real piece of work, Hands.

Well that's the reasoning behind the name calling.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It was dangerous politics playing with default and downgrades. You really can't see that?

The downgrades haven't occurred because of the Republicans. They have occurred because the rating agency declared we needed try to borrow $4 trillion LESS than our projected revenue and spending growth across then next ten years and the $2.4 trillion in cuts which were equated with terrorism, hostage taking, etc. was deemed too little.

When you have a rating agency declaring you are doing too little and the little you did is being called extreme by the group that has no budget, no plan and no accountability for the years they completely held power and still largely hold power, then that is insanity to believe to the contrary.

You're blaming the feeder who refused to continue to feed the obese person 10,000 extra calories a day for the heart attack that happens soon after.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The downgrades haven't occurred because of the Republicans. They have occurred because the rating agency declared we needed try to borrow $4 trillion LESS than our projected revenue and spending growth across then next ten years and the $2.4 trillion in cuts which were equated with terrorism, hostage taking, etc. was deemed too little.

When you have a rating agency declaring you are doing too little and the little you did is being called extreme by the group that has no budget, no plan and no accountability for the years they completely held power and still largely hold power, then that is insanity to believe to the contrary.

You're blaming the feeder who refused to continue to feed the obese person 10,000 extra calories a day for the heart attack that happens soon after.

Trump I'm not for this massive debt. I'd like big cuts in all sorts of things so we can get back to a real surplus, ie money actually in the bank. I think that can happen by a combination of tax increases and spending cuts.

The repubs and TP are the reason why the deficit reduction wasn't as large. They forced Obama through the threat of default to abandon the longer term and bigger cuts, hence the downgrade. This isn't complicated. That's the reality of what's just happened. Both parties are to blame for getting us to this point but it needn't of happened, ie a downgrade, if the repubs and TP had backed off and played for the long run instead of the short term.

Is there not even one right of center poster here that agrees with what I'm saying!?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Trump I'm not for this massive debt. I'd like big cuts in all sorts of things so we can get back to a real surplus, ie money actually in the bank. I think that can happen by a combination of tax increases and spending cuts.

The repubs and TP are the reason why the deficit reduction wasn't as large. They forced Obama through the threat of default to abandon the longer term and bigger cuts, hence the downgrade. This isn't complicated. That's the reality of what's just happened. Both parties are to blame for getting us to this point but it needn't of happened, ie a downgrade, if the repubs and TP had backed off and played for the long run instead of the short term.

Is there not even one right of center poster here that agrees with what I'm saying!?

Why would anyone agree with it when it is delusional? Spending as a percentage of GDP is well beyond historical norms. The Democrats controlled both the Senate and the House from 2006 to 2010. They had the presidency and the Congress for two years. You get a few months into 2011 and somehow now it is all controlled by one small part of one party that narrowly controls one half of one part of Congress? Do you see the lunacy you are putting forward there? The Democratic Congress and President Obama extended the Bush tax cuts during the lame duck session of 2010. THEY EXTENDED THEM. To sit there and declare it is the Tea Parties fault months later is just lunacy. The cuts were set to expire. They extended them, an actual action contrary to the default state, and then complain that someone else didn't step up and raise the taxes.

The Democrats had not submitted a spending budget for years. Obama's plan couldn't be graded by the CBO because there wasn't a plan. A bunch of platitudes spoken in front of cameras isn't a plan.

The reality is that you can't keep spending what you don't have. No one has the type of money the government is spending. NO ONE! There are no rich people rich enough from whom to steal the money to balance the books. It isn't about 1% or 2% of this or that. Analysts would immediately take the Obama speeches and look at what amount would be saved by withdrawing a tax credit or benefit and it was miniscule every time. The amount of deficit spending in the next 10 years was $10 trillion dollars. That wasn't the total being spent, just the amount of overspending. $10 trillion dollars is about the entire GDP of the United States for one year (aka all economic activity). When what are BORROWING is every bit of work everyone does for one year and that isn't the full amount you need, that is a serious problem. It isn't one that can be fixed by taking more.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It was dangerous politics playing with default and downgrades. You really can't see that?

First, the US government wasn't going to default. That was just a Obamacrat spook story.

Second, the downgrade came because the deficit reduction did not go far enough and it didn't go far enough because the Obamacrats forced the deal into a corner do to their intransigence on spending.

You really can't see that?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Trump I'm not for this massive debt. I'd like big cuts in all sorts of things so we can get back to a real surplus, ie money actually in the bank. I think that can happen by a combination of tax increases and spending cuts.

Actually, it can't. You're not going to get very much more money with higher taxes...but you will slow economic growth. This needs to be spending cuts across the board.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The repubs and TP are the reason why the deficit reduction wasn't as large.

Wrong. The Democrats refused to budge far on spending cuts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This isn't complicated.

No, it isn't and yet somehow you and your fellow leftists have found a way to get confused about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

That's the reality of what's just happened. Both parties are to blame for getting us to this point but it needn't of happened, ie a downgrade, if the repubs and TP had backed off and played for the long run instead of the short term.

Oh my God. The fucking irony of this statement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Is there not even one right of center poster here that agrees with what I'm saying!?

No, because you're wrong.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Why would anyone agree with it when it is delusional? Spending as a percentage of GDP is well beyond historical norms. The Democrats controlled both the Senate and the House from 2006 to 2010. They had the presidency and the Congress for two years. You get a few months into 2011 and somehow now it is all controlled by one small part of one party that narrowly controls one half of one part of Congress? Do you see the lunacy you are putting forward there? The Democratic Congress and President Obama extended the Bush tax cuts during the lame duck session of 2010. THEY EXTENDED THEM. To sit there and declare it is the Tea Parties fault months later is just lunacy. The cuts were set to expire. They extended them, an actual action contrary to the default state, and then complain that someone else didn't step up and raise the taxes.

The Democrats had not submitted a spending budget for years. Obama's plan couldn't be graded by the CBO because there wasn't a plan. A bunch of platitudes spoken in front of cameras isn't a plan. It was that or say sorry to the 98% of people he had promised to extend them to during his campaign.

The reality is that you can't keep spending what you don't have. No one has the type of money the government is spending. NO ONE! There are no rich people rich enough from whom to steal the money to balance the books. It isn't about 1% or 2% of this or that. Analysts would immediately take the Obama speeches and look at what amount would be saved by withdrawing a tax credit or benefit and it was miniscule every time. The amount of deficit spending in the next 10 years was $10 trillion dollars. That wasn't the total being spent, just the amount of overspending. $10 trillion dollars is about the entire GDP of the United States for one year (aka all economic activity). When what are BORROWING is every bit of work everyone does for one year and that isn't the full amount you need, that is a serious problem. It isn't one that can be fixed by taking more.


I really don't get why you harp on about Obama extending the Bush tax cuts. Obama couldn't get the indefinite extension of Bush's tax cuts for 98% of the taxpayers without extending the top two percent too because the repubs wouldn't vote for it if he didn't. So Obama temporarily extended the tax cuts for the top two percent.

I'm aware of the US's debt issues over the coming years. I posted the effects of the Ryan plan which massively cuts taxes on the wealthiest and corporations. It was dismissed here but even the CBO said it would continue to increase the debt until sometime during the 2060's. The answers simple; get taxes from those who have and will continue to have wealth. These people will still see their incomes grow, it doesn't mean DEATH for them and it doesn't mean death for jobs, quite the opposite.

Obama's plan morphed into the Reid plan which was scored by the CBO.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The answers simple get taxes from those who have and will continue to have wealth. These people will still see their incomes grow, it doesn't mean DEATH for them and it doesn't mean death for jobs, quite the opposite.

I think I found the fundamental incorrect presupposition supporting your logic above.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I think I found the fundamental incorrect presupposition supporting your logic above.

Oh yeah?

Suppose the top two percent income earners increase their wealth at a rate of ten percent a year, how much damage exactly is caused to their wealth by increasing the taxes on their income or more appropriately "profits" by say 5%? Almost flipping none, whereas the person who needs healthcare or who needs a Pell grant or who needs a meal will notice and so will the national debt, it'll go down!

A_N_Y_W_A_Y I_T'_S F_U_T_I_L_E
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

First, the US government wasn't going to default. That was just a Obamacrat spook story.

Second, the downgrade came because the deficit reduction did not go far enough and it didn't go far enough because the Obamacrats forced the deal into a corner do to their intransigence on spending.

You really can't see that?

Default certainly was a possibility. If no deal was made from what I've read and heard the US had maybe two weeks or so before it would have defaulted. If you have proof to the contrary please post it.


The Dems wanted new revenues and cuts, the Teapubs just wanted cuts. The Teapubs needed to give more on new revenues given the dems majority in the senate and presidency and they didn't, so we have a downgrade. They stuck to their guns, and shot America in the foot.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Default certainly was a possibility. If no deal was made from what I've read and heard the US had maybe two weeks or so before it would have defaulted. If you have proof to the contrary please post it.


The Dems wanted new revenues and cuts, the Teapubs just wanted cuts. The Teapubs needed to give more on new revenues given the dems majority in the senate and presidency and they didn't, so we have a downgrade. They stuck to their guns, and shot America in the foot.

I maintain that most people on the left have no idea how an economy works, and should never be called on to run one.

The credit downgrade had NOTHING TO DO with the Tea Party. Nothing.

International rating agencies do not get scared of political bickering.
They do not downgrade countries based on the 'tone' of their political discourse. This talking point is simply nonsense.

The left has spent years ensuring that half the country does not pay a dime in taxes and expects the shortfall to be made up by "ultra-rich" people who do not exist.
This is unsustainable, and everybody (including S&P) knows it.

As I have said before, America is being setup by its elites (left & right) for the introduction of a national VAT.
It is a tax the poorer classes cannot dodge, allows for internet taxation and is the only way the country will ever be able to pay its bills.

Leftist elites like its ability to generate vast sums of money for government spending.
Rightist elites like it because it moves the tax burdens to individuals and away from corporations.

Downgrade, introduction of VAT and credit upgraded a decade later. Canada has already been there.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › OBAMA BIn laDEN: PAL'IN With TERRORISTS.