or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › HDMI in for MacBook Pro via card input?

HDMI in for MacBook Pro via card input?

post #1 of 4
Does anyone know of a card that may be used on a MacBook Pro to input footage from an HD camera at full HD for monitoring color and focus? Really need this option. Anyone able to help on this?
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireallywanttodirect View Post

Does anyone know of a card that may be used on a MacBook Pro to input footage from an HD camera at full HD for monitoring color and focus? Really need this option. Anyone able to help on this?

What you are asking about is called FireWire. It is a standard port on your MacBook Pro and does not require a card. You did not specify your camera. However, many users have found that they are able to use USB to transfer video from their cameras to their computers. Your MacBook Pro has several USB ports. Therefore, no card is necessary.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

What you are asking about is called FireWire. It is a standard port on your MacBook Pro and does not require a card. You did not specify your camera. However, many users have found that they are able to use USB to transfer video from their cameras to their computers. Your MacBook Pro has several USB ports. Therefore, no card is necessary.

Not sure this is what he's asking.

It would be great if we could use MacBook Pros as monitors. Just dumb old monitors. Video IN.

I've wondered that since the old-school Mac Plus toasters. In fact it would be nice to be able to do that with iMacs as well. 17" MBP is a nice screen. And the iMacs would of course me nice screens.

Example: a separate testing machine, say, a Mac mini, that you plug into a 17" MBP. Saves space.

Is this possible with Thunderbolt perhaps? I'd imagine it is possible with the hardware but I wonder if OS X can do this?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Is this possible with Thunderbolt perhaps? I'd imagine it is possible with the hardware but I wonder if OS X can do this?

It was even possible with Mini DisplayPort; of course you can do it with Thunderbolt.

Though I think Thunderbolt in has to be Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt (don't think that precludes the use of adapters, though).

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › HDMI in for MacBook Pro via card input?