or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple begins trial production of A6 processor set to launch in 2012

Apple begins trial production of A6 processor set to launch in 2012 - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Unlike you, I never implied or stated that Apple copied anything from Samsung. You are the one spouting bullshit.

As for the Anandtech propaganda, that is guess work and Apple centric supposition on their part. If the development of the Hummingbird had really been at the 'behest' of Apple, Samsung would have been obliged to secrecy and not been able to announce and market it a full six months before the A4 was ever mentioned.

It is far more likely Samsung contracted Intrinsity to help them design the Hummingbird for use in their own phones like the Wave and Galaxy and then Apple became aware of it and then asked Samsung/Intrinsity for a slightly altered variation for their own use.

Let's see what you said:

Quote:

The A4 was a slightly modified copy of the Samsung Hummingbird. Samsung got Intrinsity to help with the design of it before there was ever an A4 version of it. Apple liked it so much they later bought Intrinsity.

Hummingbird announced by Samsung July 27, 2009

A4 announced by Steve on January 27, 2010

Hmmmm... sounds like you stated (maybe implied) that Apple's A4 was a "copy" of the "Samsung" Hummingbird.

Maybe I read it wrong but it sure looked to me like the words copy and Samsung were in that first sentence. If that's not what you said then wtf were you trying to say when you replied to my post where I said that Samsung would use their plants to copy the A6?

As far as the rest of your tripe, I at least gave a link to an editorial piece... you, on the other hand, just decided to make up your own facts and call them truth.
na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Let's see what you said:

Hmmmm... sounds like you stated (maybe implied) that Apple's A4 was a "copy" of the "Samsung" Hummingbird.

Maybe I read it wrong but it sure looked to me like the words copy and Samsung were in that first sentence. If that's not what you said then wtf were you trying to say when you replied to my post where I said that Samsung would use their plants to copy the A6?

As far as the rest of your tripe, I at least gave a link to an editorial piece... you, on the other hand, just decided to make up your own facts and call them truth.

'Copy' and 'copied' have two quite different meanings, particularly in the context I used.

Anandtech stating their guesses and suppositions does not equate to fact. Since when is stating "it is far more likely" an expression of fact or an assertion of truth? Sorry I didn't provide a link and just did my own thinking, I'll try and remember to engage drone mode next time.
post #43 of 45
Quote:

'Copy' and 'copied' have two quite different meanings, particularly in the context I used.

Anandtech stating their guesses and suppositions does not equate to fact. Since when is stating "it is far more likely" an expression of fact or an assertion of truth? Sorry I didn't provide a link and just did my own thinking, I'll try and remember to engage drone mode next time.

You sound like you're in drone mode now... and, on ignore.
na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #44 of 45
Quote:

don't even try to explain nuance to island hermit, he'll only get bored and ignore you.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

If Samsung think Apple forcing blocks on the Tab is going to cost them, it's nothing compared to what they will lose if Apple do shift to TSMC for the A6.

Samsung have built entire fabs pretty much solely for the purpose of producing logic for Apple. At around $5bn for a fab, it's a lot of money to be sitting idle.

It is possible that Apple wishes to buy Samsung, it appears that many of the directions that we hear that Apple is going with Apple TV, it appears that Samsung has allot of the technologies that Apple would like. Losing a major contract like A5 or A6 production may put Samsung in a sticky situation and weaken the value of the company in the market to a point that it becomes easier to take over and leverage the technology, plus Apple may get a fab thrown in for almost free.
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple begins trial production of A6 processor set to launch in 2012
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple begins trial production of A6 processor set to launch in 2012