or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Exchange Calendars in iCal

Exchange Calendars in iCal

post #1 of 2
We have a number of meeting rooms where I work that are booked through MS Exchange. In Entourage or Outlook, it's obviously easy to access the room calendars, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make iCal see them. Anyone have any ideas?
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrob View Post

We have a number of meeting rooms where I work that are booked through MS Exchange. In Entourage or Outlook, it's obviously easy to access the room calendars, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make iCal see them. Anyone have any ideas?

I assume you have Snow Leopard or higher and are accessing an Exchange 2007 or newer server.

Here are the steps.

1) go into iCal Preferences. Go to Accounts.

2) Add a new account. Make sure to set it to Exchange.

3) you have to know the rest of the server info.

That's it!

Works great for me. Sure it's missing some Outlook functionality, but then again, if MS didn't cripple 3rd party access to their proprietary crap, how would they make so much stinkin' money?

I might add, it's possible to view Exchange on iPad's calendar as well. I really am loving Apple here. I have my Google and work Exchange calendars on my iPad and Android. At looong last, I finally have all my calendars on all my devices. And I still manage to forget things.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Exchange Calendars in iCal