or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › messed up computers

messed up computers

post #1 of 4
i have a pismo powerbook 500 and it is all messed up. when i connect the power cord in less than ten minutes the battery fully discharges. I was doing a special conference last night and i had to do a speech instead of a presentation because the computer wouldn't work. The Expansion Module also won't read dvd's but it does read CD's, my warranty is almost going to be void in January. ANOTHER probelm i have is that my desktop powermac G4 DP 450's power button won't turn on the computer and i have to use the monitors power button to do it, this computer does have the apple three year protection plan. What can I Do?
Amma start posting a whole mess of crap just so my post count can rise and the Junior Member Status i have can become a regular Member.
Amma start posting a whole mess of crap just so my post count can rise and the Junior Member Status i have can become a regular Member.
post #2 of 4
This may sound a little sarcastic, but honest I am not trying to be. Get rid of the Pismo on eBay and buy a new top end iBook or TiBook. Second option, send it in for repairs BEFORE your warranty runs out. Sort of simple. As far as the tower goes you have five options: 1. Send it in to have a faulty switch replaced under warranty (Preferably not at the same time you send in the Pismo - complete computer withdrawl is really painful.). 2. Replace the switch yourself which voids the warranty. 3. Put up with it. 4. Run OS X where you shouldn't shut down the computer anyway. 5. Send the tower to me and I'll fix it for you and return it as soon as Apple comes out with the G5 tower. Personally I would pick option 5. :cool:
It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
post #3 of 4
the problem is that i am not in the USA. i am in a latin american country where there is no knoledge of anything related to apple. and another problem is that I bought the computer refurbished
post #4 of 4
OK, send in the Pismo before the warranty runs out (and if it is Apple refurbished or authorized Apple Care Provider refurbished - it is covered.) If it was refurbished by someone else, then they should cover it. And honestly if you run OS X - just leave the G4 run and put up with keyboard, monitor, or software turn off/on. At least the Pismo is cheaper to ship and has to be repaired to work at all - the G4 doesn't.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › messed up computers