or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 6 alongside new iTunes, Apple TV, and iWork for iOS betas

Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 6 alongside new iTunes, Apple TV, and iWork for iOS betas - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I hope the AppleTV will get an Appstore this year.

Me too. The Appstore or Safari or both.

Would like to see how the Airplay plays out. That may be a big deal.

Still wishing Apple would do movie subscriptions like Netflix and Blockbuster. Could use an alternative.
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

One word: Channels. Not worthless apps.

for the record you cant trademark a generic dictionary word like Channels...even if you could, Roku has had what it calls "channels" for years...netflix, hulu, MLB, and dozens of other content sources provide custom UIs that are launched from the Roku home screen.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

for the record you cant trademark a generic dictionary word like Channels...even if you could, Roku has had what it calls "channels" for years...netflix, hulu, MLB, and dozens of other content sources provide custom UIs that are launched from the Roku home screen.

Oh, I know. I just do that to differentiate what I consider channels on the Apple TV from what channels on 1950s style television are.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Funny... what you described is almost exactly how we used an network of 7 Apple ][s and a 5MB Corvus HD in a classroom at Saratoga HS, Saratoga, CA... in 1980.

Of course there were wires, instead of wireless, and a large BW monitor instead of an HDTV, at the front of the classroom.

But, the instructor on one Apple ][ could give control to a student's machine, who then in turn controlled the BW monitor from his Apple ][.

'Course it didn't take long for the students to make the system sing in ways that the instructor (nor I) knew were possible,

OMG there's a name from the past I'd long forgotten. I used to instal them too. 5 Mb wow that was massive. I seem to recall we got 10MB or even higher at some point.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 6 alongside new iTunes, Apple TV, and iWork for iOS betas
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 6 alongside new iTunes, Apple TV, and iWork for iOS betas