or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › My new iMac is ejecting CDs on it's own...

My new iMac is ejecting CDs on it's own...

post #1 of 4
I had just finished partitioning the HD and everything seemed to be fine when my iMac decides it's going to eject every and any kind of CD I put in it! Any ideas people?

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: breakskull ]</p>
post #2 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by breakskull:
<strong>I had just finished partitioning the HD and everything seemed to be fine when my iMac decides it's going to eject every and any kind of CD I put in it! Any ideas people?

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: breakskull ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Put the CD's in shiny side down.

I had that problem before and I think that the fix was to zap the PRAM for that one. YMMV
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #3 of 4
You mean to tell that all this time I've been... nevermind Me ladd, I've zapped the PRAM and rebuilt the desktop. Nothing doing.
post #4 of 4
what happens when to try to force boot off the CD? same thing?

(edit: added this question)

also, at what point does it eject them? instantly or after it tries to spin them up?

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: alcimedes ]</p>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › My new iMac is ejecting CDs on it's own...