or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS unaffected by malware as Android exploits surge 76%

Apple's iOS unaffected by malware as Android exploits surge 76% - Page 4

post #121 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You know why there's less talk about iOS on Android sites? Because a bunch of whiny ass, emotionally stunted iOS users don't see any reason to register on Android sites so they can tell everyone about how wrong they are.

Christ, and you assholes want to talk about insecure? It's like a sick joke. Really, get a fucking life, loser.

Exactly! I've said it before, that prior Apple's big, recent successes, there was none of the angst that the waste of time trolls have brought to the site. For most of my time here, there wasn't a single member on my ban list (yes, even Tekstud), now that list is extensive with the names of trolls who are here to rip apple and nothing else.

I for one, do not care one bit about Android, have never been to an Android site to comment and only hear about it here from trolls.

On the other hand, when I bring out my iPhone amidst a certain set of acquaintances, the ripping is on again. I do not care.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #122 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthia01 View Post

Funny, because Android is about choice! Android can be a walled garden too - and you won't get any malware.

But because Android is about choice, you can venture out of the walled garden. Malware is an unfortunate side effect - but if you don't want to deal with it, you don't have to venture out! Simple really.

What's more strange is the constant bagging of Android here. On Android forums iOS doesn't even rate a mention. Nobody cares about it! Sounds like some people are very threatened!

What do you mean? There is nothing "walled" in Android. The marketplace is not vetted except AFTER the fact so you can download apps the official way and STILL get malware.
2010 mac mini/iPad OG/iPhone 4/appletv OG/appletv 2/ BT trackpad and keyboard/time capsule/ Wii
2010 mac mini/iPad OG/iPhone 4/appletv OG/appletv 2/ BT trackpad and keyboard/time capsule/ Wii
post #123 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresh View Post

Surely the jail break exploits are considered malware, especially one click jail break websites. I would bet that Apple considers these exploits as malware.

Apparently not, since they hire the best from the jailbreak community.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #124 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresh View Post

Surely the jail break exploits are considered malware, especially one click jail break websites. I would bet that Apple considers these exploits as malware.

Apparently not, since they hire the best from the jailbreak community.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS unaffected by malware as Android exploits surge 76%