or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Leak shows HTC's AT&T-bound 4G Puccini tablet

Leak shows HTC's AT&T-bound 4G Puccini tablet - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

He knows exactly what he's talking about and knows that his posts here are entirely dishonest and disingenuous. But, after all, that's what he's paid to do.

Ah, my friend Anonymouse! You've been quiet lately.
melior diabolus quem scies
post #42 of 52
It might sell like hotcakes if it goes for $99.
post #43 of 52
I'll buy it when it gets discounted to $99 after the product line is discontinued.
post #44 of 52
Mr. Chou said that HTC is "carefully assessing the tablet market"

Mr. Chou meant that HTC is "waiting for Samsung's iPad clones to get killed off first."

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #45 of 52
another Android tablet in a crowded field running the planned-obsolete Honeycomb beta OS. soon to be joined by Sony too.

but wait! the Great White Hope (anyone but Apple) is sure to come - Amazon! or ... Facebook! or ... the Korean government?
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by simtub View Post

Why does the external design of every new tablet these days from every manufacturer has to look like an ipad??

bleh....

At this tablet doesn't have a circle with a square in it and call it the home button.
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

They all resemble the media consumption Tablet Newspaper profiled in a video here. . .
back in 1994. Yes, even the iPad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEtP...eature=feedlik

FWIW, every tablet design I've ever seen, including those going back to 1968, have had the same general rectangular shape. It's the only one that makes immediate sense, as well as the most familiar form factor for other media such as books, magazines, paper, etc.
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story...f-the-tablet/1

Why would anyone expect a tablet to have any other shape? Would something round or triangular even be generally acceptable as a form factor for a media device by the average person? Very doubtful.

No. I used Windows tablets going back to 1995, and they didn't look or feel like the iPad. I used the Newton, as well as the tablet/PDA things that ran a bunch of other now-dead operating systems. None of them looked like the iPad. I've used the UMPC and more recent tablets like the Samsung Q1. None of them looked nor worked like an iPad. Then the iPad shipped, and everything looks like...the iPad. Seriously. What are you trying to argue, that everything is a copy of some obscure 1994 YouTube video? The "triangular" argument is a red herring, and you know it. Every tablet that I used since 1995 had a rectangular form factor. That doesn't constitute "design" nor could Apple get a design patent for a rectangle.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

He knows exactly what he's talking about and knows that his posts here are entirely dishonest and disingenuous. But, after all, that's what he's paid to do.

That would explain the silly arguments. Guy doesn't have a milliliter of common sense.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The "triangular" argument is a red herring, and you know it. Every tablet that I used since 1995 had a rectangular form factor. That doesn't constitute "design" nor could Apple get a design patent for a rectangle.

Really? Except Apple DOES claim to own the rectangular form feature. That's the only thing the German judge ruled on. Not the icons, or interface. Not the chrome trim ring or swipe to unlock. Nope.
Apple claims to have exclusive rights to the rectangular shape of a tablet, and was awrded a design patent just for that shape . . . FWIW now. The Dutch judge didn't buy it.

But I do agree with one of your comments. It is a silly argument if Apple tries to continue to claim ownership of the rectangle shape.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...-tablets/14175
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

The graphics make me think of Windows 95.

Afraid to think about current graphics?
post #51 of 52
lame |lām|
adjective
Quote:
Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

I would write more words, but I'm afraid Apple might sue me saying they have a patent on the alphabet.
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CODKill View Post

Hi all, newly registered, but a long time reader. Apple makes great products. Its difficult to say otherwise, whether you like them or not. But to the people that think that Apple created the heavens and the earth, please just stop, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm writing this from my iPad2 and can't help to see the resemblance to:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/09/s...-movies-music/

Please just stop making us REAL Apple fans look like whiny, ignorant 5 year olds. Just do some basic research before you decide to speak.

Apple: Simplicity
WebOS: Multi-tasking
Android: Widgets
WP7: Elegant?

You may be my new favorite poster on this forum. Welcome, and please stick around. This forum urgently needs more people like you. It's getting to the point where my love for most Apple products is being eroded by the idiocy of a vocal minority of supposed fans whose opinions are so blindly one-sided that no rational discussion is possible...

And wow, that Samsung pic is a classic. I certainly hope they bring that one out in the courtroom!
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Leak shows HTC's AT&T-bound 4G Puccini tablet