or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MacPro to MacPro via ethernet setup.

MacPro to MacPro via ethernet setup.

post #1 of 4
So I am having trouble setting up my two computers to do file transfer via an ethernet connection. Both computers show up on one another, and file sharing is turned on. Yet I'm always told there was a connection failure. What steps am I missing/what have I set up wrong cause it can't be this hard.
post #2 of 4
Did you make sure to use the right IP address? Sometimes you have to type it in manually. If you go into system prefs > network > ethernet, there will be an IP address. If you type that IP address into the Finder > connect to server window, it should make sure to use the ethernet connection. Also make sure that file sharing is turned on for the destination computer (source doesn't matter).
post #3 of 4
I am using the correct IP address but every time it just says it failed to connect. Also as I stated sharing is on. yet every time I try to connect it says failed connection. what else can I try?
post #4 of 4
This is the message that comes up.

"There was an error connecting to the server "IP address." Check the server name or IP address, and then try again."
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MacPro to MacPro via ethernet setup.