or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More corporate media deceptions and fabrications...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More corporate media deceptions and fabrications...

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
How much do we really know about Libya?

Unless you LIVE THERE, little or next to nothing.

Especially if one is a consumer of the drivel and lies put out by the "son of Goebbels" US/UK corporate media.

If you believe that what you see on television as reality, ignore the clip below:

LINK!

The extract supposedly from Libya is a shot from a demonstration in India, (specifically the Ramlila Maidan parade ground in New Delhi) in which supporters of Anna Hazare were protesting government corruption.

Perhaps the BBC had no footage from Libya that conformed with what they WANTED to show. The management at the BBC seems to regard its viewership as idiots, and wouldn't notice that the demonstrators are waving the flag of India, not Libya. The caption on the Indian footage was edited out and replaced with "Live From Tripoli". This re-editing required effort, direction and intent to deceive... in other words, "incompetence" can be safely eliminated.

The BBC is regarded worldwide as a reasonably authoritative news service. (!) Here is the stark evidence that they are no different to Fox, CNN, ABC, MNSBC, CBS, CBC, and the rest of the propaganda network that services organized violence.

Do you still believe what you see on "the news"?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #2 of 7
What about the things you don't see on "the news"?

For example, Ron Paul is consistently ranking among the top three GOP candidates in various independent polls, yet the media coverage of him has been practically nonexistent.

Even Rick Perry, who just entered the race weeks ago, has had more news coverage than Dr. Paul.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #3 of 7
This really does just look like an honest mistake to me. Indian's (who look Indian and not Lebanese) waving the Indian flag. The BBC has lots of streams, including what's happening now in India whilst Libyan feeds come in, all the time and someone made a mistake and it wasn't caught soon enough.

The BBC responded to the Alex Jones piece-

"Dear Mr Watson,

Thanks for contacting us regarding ‘Breakfast’ broadcast on 24 August on BBC One.

We understand you were concerned that incorrect footage was shown during a report on the latest developments from Tripoli, and that images from India were broadcast instead.

We forwarded your complaint to ‘Breakfast’ Editors who explained in response that they realised within moments that they were showing the wrong footage and quickly took it down.

They also apologised immediately and pointed to how the problem was caused by confusion over a “feed” coming in to television centre from the international agencies.

We apologise for any concern this may have caused and we’d like to assure you that your feedback has been registered on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Finally, I have attached an invitation from the Head of BBC Audience Services, asking you to participate in our customer survey. We would welcome your views on our service.

Kind Regards

Robert Regan

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints"
~ http://www.infowars.com/bbc-responds...ipoli-footage/
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This really does just look like an honest mistake to me. Indian's (who look Indian and not Lebanese) waving the Indian flag. The BBC has lots of streams, including what's happening now in India whilst Libyan feeds come in, all the time and someone made a mistake and it wasn't caught soon enough.

The BBC responded to the Alex Jones piece-

"Dear Mr Watson,

Thanks for contacting us regarding ‘Breakfast’ broadcast on 24 August on BBC One.

We understand you were concerned that incorrect footage was shown during a report on the latest developments from Tripoli, and that images from India were broadcast instead.

We forwarded your complaint to ‘Breakfast’ Editors who explained in response that they realised within moments that they were showing the wrong footage and quickly took it down.

They also apologised immediately and pointed to how the problem was caused by confusion over a “feed” coming in to television centre from the international agencies.

We apologise for any concern this may have caused and we’d like to assure you that your feedback has been registered on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Finally, I have attached an invitation from the Head of BBC Audience Services, asking you to participate in our customer survey. We would welcome your views on our service.

Kind Regards

Robert Regan

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints"
~ http://www.infowars.com/bbc-responds...ipoli-footage/

I just noticed that you changed your signature for wealth distribution.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This really does just look like an honest mistake to me. Indian's (who look Indian and not Lebanese) waving the Indian flag. The BBC has lots of streams, including what's happening now in India whilst Libyan feeds come in, all the time and someone made a mistake and it wasn't caught soon enough.

The BBC responded to the Alex Jones piece-

"Dear Mr Watson,

Thanks for contacting us regarding ‘Breakfast’ broadcast on 24 August on BBC One.

We understand you were concerned that incorrect footage was shown during a report on the latest developments from Tripoli, and that images from India were broadcast instead.

We forwarded your complaint to ‘Breakfast’ Editors who explained in response that they realised within moments that they were showing the wrong footage and quickly took it down.

They also apologised immediately and pointed to how the problem was caused by confusion over a “feed” coming in to television centre from the international agencies.

We apologise for any concern this may have caused and we’d like to assure you that your feedback has been registered on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers. The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Finally, I have attached an invitation from the Head of BBC Audience Services, asking you to participate in our customer survey. We would welcome your views on our service.

Kind Regards

Robert Regan

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints"
~ http://www.infowars.com/bbc-responds...ipoli-footage/

The BBC were caught with their pants down. I guess the BBC had little other choice than to apologize.... because someone noticed their 'error' and it went viral.

Recall when the US corporate media (TV, newspapers and magazines) broadcast pictures of "a throng of cheering masses" in Baghdad's Firdos Square, April 2003, when Saddam Hussein's statue was brought down by US troops?

Reality: There were no more people there than whats usually present in my local supermarket on a Sunday afternoon. Someone did a really obvious (poor) photoshop job, but with the mandate to "support the troops" and show some "patriotism" (!), nobody challenged it, lest they got shouted down and tarred as "anti-American".

The BBC got famously caught in the act when they "got the feed wrong" (!) by broadcasting reports that World Trade Center Building#7 had just collapsed. In the background, behind reporter Jane Standley's shoulder, was WTC#7, still standing there. 20 minutes later, the building went down. (The same "got the feed wrong" explanation was broadcast in the US corporate media). Naturally, those who questioned this bizarre turn of events were shouted down by the ranks of neo-brownshirts and accused of being conspiracy theorists for merely asking what was obviously assigned as "the wrong question".

Such times we live in. Goebbels would be proud.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

The BBC were caught with their pants down. I guess the BBC had little other choice than to apologize.... because someone noticed their 'error' and it went viral.

Recall when the US corporate media (TV, newspapers and magazines) broadcast pictures of "a throng of cheering masses" in Baghdad's Firdos Square, April 2003, when Saddam Hussein's statue was brought down by US troops?

Reality: There were no more people there than whats usually present in my local supermarket on a Sunday afternoon. Someone did a really obvious (poor) photoshop job, but with the mandate to "support the troops" and show some "patriotism" (!), nobody challenged it, lest they got shouted down and tarred as "anti-American".

The BBC got famously caught in the act when they "got the feed wrong" (!) by broadcasting reports that World Trade Center Building#7 had just collapsed. In the background, behind reporter Jane Standley's shoulder, was WTC#7, still standing there. 20 minutes later, the building went down. (The same "got the feed wrong" explanation was broadcast in the US corporate media). Naturally, those who questioned this bizarre turn of events were shouted down by the ranks of neo-brownshirts and accused of being conspiracy theorists for merely asking what was obviously assigned as "the wrong question".

Such times we live in. Goebbels would be proud.

Yep, I remember the tv footage. I don't know if it was photoshopped though, but like a lot of journalism, it was staged-

"A BBC photo sequence of the statue's toppling also showed a sparse crowd of approximately 200 people--much smaller than the demonstrations only nine days later, when thousands of Iraqis took to the streets of Baghdad calling for U.S.-led forces to leave the city."
~ http://www.twf.org/News/Y2003/0411-Statue.html
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I just noticed that you changed your signature for wealth distribution.

Really, from what?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More corporate media deceptions and fabrications...