or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › how to read Mail full-screen on iPad?

how to read Mail full-screen on iPad?

post #1 of 9
Hi everyone. Quick question. How do you read mail on Apple's mail program on iPad 2 in full screen? I mean how do you get rid of that Inboxes pane on the left?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #2 of 9
Turn it sideways

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Turn it sideways

Thanks Tallest. so you can not read it full screen in horizontal view? I hadn't even tried flipping it. I like it best in horizontal mode, perched on my Otterbox. But I suppose that'll make do. Kind of disappointing.

Also it's occurred to me that smartphones and tablets should a physical LOCK screen button. No searching for a setting somewhere or hoping an app supports it. I am particularly annoyed when using mapping apps for this. But that's a digression. There isn't a system-wide way to lock the screen sideways is there Tallest skil?
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Thanks Tallest. so you can not read it full screen in horizontal view? I hadn't even tried flipping it. I like it best in horizontal mode, perched on my Otterbox. But I suppose that'll make do. Kind of disappointing.

Also it's occurred to me that smartphones and tablets should a physical LOCK screen button. No searching for a setting somewhere or hoping an app supports it. I am particularly annoyed when using mapping apps for this. But that's a digression. There isn't a system-wide way to lock the screen sideways is there Tallest skil?

On the iPhone? I haven't heard of one. I wish it did, the soft lock only does portrait.
post #5 of 9
Quote:

Thanks Tallest. so you can not read it full screen in horizontal view?

Nope. They figure the width of the content in portrait mode is as wide as people would want to see said content, so they use the extra space for the Inbox.

Quote:
Also it's occurred to me that smartphones and tablets should a physical LOCK screen button.

You mean rotation lock? The iPad has this.

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nope. They figure the width of the content in portrait mode is as wide as people would want to see said content, so they use the extra space for the Inbox.

You mean rotation lock? The iPad has this.

Ooops. Yep i'm a new a newb with iOS stuff. Thanks! I found this... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

It's a great design. Now I'm quite happy! I wish my Android had this feature!

I do wish I could do full screen Mail, but oh well, perhaps they'll add that in some other time.
post #7 of 9
Quote:

I do wish I could do full screen Mail, but oh well, perhaps they'll add that in some other time.

Improved in iOS 5. Full-screen Mail in Portrait mode. Just swipe from the left to show Inbox, etc.

http://www.macstories.net/stories/io...tures-we-love/

post #8 of 9
This is just another example of Apple's arrogant "we know better" atitude and flagrant diregard of accessibility that drives me nuts. I really need landscape view and large type to compensate for my poor eyesight.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
This is just another example of Apple's arrogant "we know better" atitude and flagrant diregard of accessibility that drives me nuts. I really need landscape view and large type to compensate for my poor eyesight.

So freaking pinch to zoom. Quit pretending Apple is being evil.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › how to read Mail full-screen on iPad?