or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 7 upgrade available now, with Mac OS X Lion hosting, integration

Parallels Desktop 7 upgrade available now, with Mac OS X Lion hosting, integration - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Updated successfully from v.5 last night, with Parallels using my Boot Camp partition. The ability to sandbox Lion was a clincher for me. I must use Snow Leopard since I have critical apps that won't run in Lion. So this is finally an opportunity for me to test the new OS.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katonah View Post

They are a ripoff company. I was forced to upgrade as well to 6 on 7/25 in order for the product to work with Lion. How convenient of them to not tell me that by waiting less than a week I'd be entitled to a free upgrade.

I will NOT be paying for any more Parallels. I will switch to VMware first.

GREEDY COMPANY! YOU SUCK PARALLELS!!!!!

LIAR. Parallels 6 fully supports Lion. VMWare doesn't. The Lion support is for creating Lion images not for running on Lion.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowededwookie View Post

LIAR. Parallels 6 fully supports Lion. VMWare doesn't. The Lion support is for creating Lion images not for running on Lion.

VMWare 3.1.3 is SLOW. sloooow. And I have 8 gig RAM and MBP 15" from last year, lots of available drive space and a 7200 rpm drive. Nothing else running. 10.6.8. Slooooow when running Windows XP. I've seen demos comparing Fusion 3 to Parallels 6 and it blows Fusion away utterly. As iowededwookie says... ya'll should try the new Parallels. And 7 is supposedly even faster. Now, the reason I switch probably 4 or 5 years ago...was Parallels was crashing on me. I went to Fusion, no crashes. Slow, but it worked.

Now, I'm thinking of trying Paralllels 7, the demo.

Would there be any conflicts if I try it on my XP on Boot Camp partition, if I'm currently using it with VMware?
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 7 upgrade available now, with Mac OS X Lion hosting, integration