or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction

Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction - Page 6

post #201 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2992 View Post

Look at the other markets: computers, OSs, cars, speakers, spoons, you name it.
What's left to be invented in the very near future? Teleporting apps ?! Let them compete with whatever they can design or copy (at some degree).

Do you know that the French Academy declared sometime in the 17th Century that nothing new is left to be invented?

That's the problem with ordinary thinking people. They cant see beyond the existing products/services. You have to think radically to invent products or services or ways to do things. The iPad was not a true invention (tablets were available before) but it allows people to do things in a more convenient way through an new intuitive interface and allowing people to add functionality through Apps.

And it is not true that we do not have inventions in those categories you mentioned -

OSs: OSX Lion is radical, Win7 may not be radical but have many good under the hood innovations,
Cars: Do you realize that Hybrid cars (runs on Gas & Electricity) are an invention? Have you heard about Google unmanned self driven cars? Isn't that innovation?

Off course products can look similar but when you start with a picture of a competing product and ends with the same product from the assembly line, you have some serious problem.
post #202 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

If you have something to say to me, say it directly. Thanks.

So you're 'outing' yourself as a troll?
post #203 of 213
deleted
post #204 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So you're 'outing' yourself as a troll?

No. He replied to your reply to me. Talking about trolls etc. If he has some accusations to make, then he can make them directly and I'll disprove them.

Btw, why didn't you reply to my other points?
post #205 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

Btw, why didn't you reply to my other points?

You didn't have any other points.
post #206 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

From the source:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392422,00.asp

One of your competitors believes you eat kittens. He didn't give any reasoning for his estimation.

Isn't that a bit like saying: "MacRulez did not post as a troll, today"?
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #207 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Isn't that a bit like saying: "MacRulez did not post as a troll, today"?

Except that's not remotely believable.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #208 of 213
deleted
post #209 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

My apologies if I offended you by suggesting that unsubstantiated opinions may be questionable.

I mean, golly, if you read it on the Internet it must be true.

No apologies necessary -- you didn't offend me.

All opinions, substantiated or not, are open to question -- from "trickle-down economics" to "global warming".

As to reading it on the Internet -- I treat that the same as a newspaper (remember those) or a network news show (remember those). I look for the agenda behind the words.

In general, I try to look past what people say -- to what they do and how they do it.

The anonymity of the Internet makes this difficult, except for well-known individual people or subjects.

Doveryay, no proveryay!

post #210 of 213
deleted
post #211 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gescom View Post

There lies your problem - "We want OEMs to make hardware that is differentiated the iPad."
Again and again. The iPad hardware design wasn't the first "looking like that" (Not Necessarily) tablet design.
Solved.

Exactly. Here are two tablets shown at CES 2010 before the iPad was even released...

post #212 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardobrusd View Post

Exactly. Here are two tablets shown at CES 2010 before the iPad was even released...

image: ]http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Tecnologia/foto/0,,34594782-FMM,00.jpg

As a refresher, that's from CES 2010 where Apple officially announced, demoed, and priced the finished iPad product that would be shippings weeks later. A product so surprisingly fast, low priced and yet of high quality that all the tablet makers had to literally go back to the drawing board to come up with something more similar to the iPad if they wanted a chance to compete.

CES 2010 was a remarkable event all about tablets for an upcoming Apple tablet only hinted at by various leaks and rumours. The one thing they didn't count on was the price. That hurt all these vendors at CES the most.
post #213 of 213
Another day, another Apple lawsuit, and again against Samsung.

This one was filed in Japan seeking to ban all Galaxy S and Tab devices. Not surprising that it's a market that Apple and Samsung are both after. In this case it's Apple with the lower share of the smartphone market, where the Japanese have made Samsung Galaxy SII the countries top selling phone.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction