or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction

Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction - Page 3

post #81 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Google.

glad you admitted defeat.

CNN: Obamacare largest tax increase in American history

FORBES: ObamaCare's 7 Tax Hikes On Middle class

post #82 of 213
Such a shame. I thought the original German injunction against the Galaxy Tab 10.1 was based on its similarity in terms of size and appearance to the iPad. Now they are also pulling a not yet released, noticeably smaller tablet out? I guess Apple really does hold a rounded rectangle patent after all.

I do have to say, the Galaxy Note is quite the sexy beast! It's a little big as a smartphone replacement for me though but I'm sure some people will like it as a PDA or a phone/tablet hybrid. Glad the AMOLED screen is finally catching up in the resolution/ppi section. The future is bright indeed. Can't wait to see what other companies come up with next. Innovation through competition, not litigation.

PS. Anyone noticed that the Galaxy Note closely resembled the supposed icon of the iPhone 5 posted a couple of days ago? With the rectangular home button and all. Not that there are anything wrong with it as all phones are rectangular slabs anyway.
post #83 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by shompa View Post

Google management lives in the "free" internet world.
Instead of inventing something own, they bought Android.

Like when Apple bought Lala for iTunes in the Cloud and when Apple bought Siri for its patented technology.....yeah that's what I call inventing.

Obviously Google acquired Android for the same reasons Apple acquired these companies, to make better products.
post #84 of 213
Quote:

Take a look at the infographic that I posted.

Also, what is even better is that Samsung will be releasing an SDK for the S Pen software for third party developers to take advantage of it.

I took a look and quite interested in "Free capture & Creation" as Samsung promoted. Is there any youtube video from user demonstrated this feature? Sorry, I don't quite trust Samsung since small/smooth event.
post #85 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post

I don't care about how your uvula looks. How about answering my question?

Is that your mom calling for dinner?
post #86 of 213
Quote:

He doesnt have an answer that is why he uses onomatopoeia in its place. He should be a great politician.

You shouldn't stoop to his level. tsk tsk
post #87 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

glad you admitted defeat.

I'm sad you cant read.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #88 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

You shouldn't stoop to his level. tsk tsk

Says that guy who just said :

Quote:

Is that your mom calling for dinner?

post #89 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post

Like when Apple bought Lala for iTunes in the Cloud and when Apple bought Siri for its patented technology.....yeah that's what I call inventing.

Obviously Google acquired Android for the same reasons Apple acquired these companies, to make better products.

Google is a one trick pony.

Google innovated ONCE. Their Search Engine.

Their acquisitions and other services like Youtube, Android, Motorola, Gmail etc. are either expensive strategic blunders or money-losing operations.

post #90 of 213
Quote:

Says that guy who just said :

I know you need all the supports you can get here but he's acting childish, hence my reply. Did you not have problem with people acting childish?
post #91 of 213
Quote:

Google.

1) So I guess you are answering only the last question. Perhaps in the future if you'd like to communicate well you might want to edit the quote to make it clear.

2) What evidence do you have that Google's advertising profit from Android exceeds Apple's profit from the iPhone (and other iOS-based devices since we're talking about methods of generating revenue).
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #92 of 213
I want my FranklinPhone!
post #93 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Not true. The government has no position for or against monopolies. Monopolies are quite legal - and some monopolies (patents) are enforced by government policy. There is absolutely nothing wrong or illegal about a monopoly. You only get in trouble if you obtain or maintain a monopoly illegally.

I think he was referring to antitrust laws. If Apple told its suppliers not to provide lcd screens to another company who designed their own tablet devices, this is the kind of thing that could prompt an investigation. In this case weren't they trying to prove it was designed to be as close as possible? Too many electronics companies outsource their manufacturing and this is what they get. There are still electronics companies that do their own manufacturing even if they don't have facilities to craft every part themselves. Last time I checked Boxx workstations priced out around the same as the mac pro (a little cheaper or a little more depending on how you configured, it's impossible to get an exact match) and they do their own manufacturing in the US (somewhere around Austin). Eizo Nanao manufactures their own displays in Japan. They both cost a bit more than others, but not several times the amount assuming you compare similar items.
post #94 of 213
Competition implies bringing your own design to the table or a significant improvement based on another's design. It doesn't mean benefiting from another's research and development cost by sinking all your effort into copying said competitors product. Samsung copying Apple doesn't benefit consumers because it undermines Apple's incentive to sink money into design.

I want competition in design, but that doesn't mean I want copies of Apple's designs. Even Sony and Microsoft are bringing their own flare to the table.

Samsung historically has been a rip off artist. RIM and Nokia didn't complain because design isn't those companies focus.

Quote:

Samsung used to copy NOKIA and RIM. These guy did nothing about it. Now it's Apple and all hell broke loose. I think all we need is Samsung to design a product of their own ..like Sony just did. Competition is good. We all want competition in design too.
post #95 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Competition implies bringing your own design to the table or a significant improvement based on another's design. It doesn't mean benefiting from another's research and development cost by sinking all your effort into copying said competitors product. Samsung copying Apple doesn't benefit consumers because it undermines Apple's incentive to sink money into design.

I want competition in design, but that doesn't mean I want copies of Apple's designs. Even Sony and Microsoft are bringing their own flare to the table.

Samsung historically has been a rip off artist. RIM and Nokia didn't complain because design isn't those companies focus.

Yup. Like someone said .. just find a Jony Ive of your own, then compete.
post #96 of 213
Quote:

Are you not familiar with the way the Fed is sueing AT&T with its plans to merge with T-Mobile? They are doing it based on the fact that it would reduce (stifle) competition and increase prices of the products.

Here is a link for you to refresh your prior knowledge (or lack of): http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20099789.shtml

Also, there is nothing illegal about the propose merger.

Guess I called you out now.

No, you just proved that you are incapable of logical thought. You said that the government is opposed to monopolies. That is not true. The government is opposed to lessened competition which results from a merger. The two concepts are entirely unrelated. I'd suggest that you read a book on antitrust laws before embarrassing yourself further.

Quote:

Source: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=5334

If you are still in denial, then you have problems.

OMG. What incredible innovation. Look at that phone. The bottom row of icons above the home button has FIVE icons instead of FOUR like the iPhone. That is so innovative, no one could ever confuse it with an iPhone!

While some of those FEATURES look interesting, and maybe even innovative, it's truly embarrassing how much like an iPhone they made that phone look. Heck, even the little dots about the bottom row of icons.....
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #97 of 213
Quote:

No, you just proved that you are incapable of logical thought. You said that the government is opposed to monopolies. That is not true. The government is opposed to lessened competition which results from a merger. The two concepts are entirely unrelated. I'd suggest that you read a book on antitrust laws before embarrassing yourself further.

OMG. What incredible innovation. Look at that phone. The bottom row of icons above the home button has FIVE icons instead of FOUR like the iPhone. That is so innovative, no one could ever confuse it with an iPhone!

While some of those FEATURES look interesting, and maybe even innovative, it's truly embarrassing how much like an iPhone they made that phone look. Heck, even the little dots about the bottom row of icons.....

The rumours about Apple increasing the Home Button from a circle to an oval are looking likely, at least for a larger-sized device. Has Samsung released a device with that oval Home Button before or will the Galaxy Note, to be released in 2012, be the first? Did they copy that from the rumours about the next iPhone or come up with the larger Home Button on their own? When did they stop putting 4 physical buttons on the bottom of the screen and starting copying Apple's 2007 design more thoroughly?
post #98 of 213
Quote:

Larry Page's tenure as Google's CEO is going to be a short one.

WSJ: A Very Gloomy Picture Of Larry Page's Short Tenure As Google CEO

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...984562128.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/a-ver...gle-ceo-2011-8

I think that Larry's handling of the Google/MMI situation can be described as:

"a page-fault error resulting from poor logic or bad instructions".

Edit: ...right up there with Apple's handling the FCPX/FCP7 situation.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #99 of 213
Quote:

Mergers create a market close to that of a monopoly (aka oligopoly if it is with a few companies).

Both monopolies and oligopolies stifles competition and increases prices.

That is what the government is trying to protect, to keep competition flowing.

Perhaps, it is you who cant put 1 and 1 together.

post #100 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The rumours about Apple increasing the Home Button from a circle to an oval are looking likely, at least for a larger-sized device. Has Samsung released a device with that oval Home Button before or will the Galaxy Note, to be released in 2012, be the first? Did they copy that from the rumours about the next iPhone or come up with the larger Home Button on their own? When did they stop putting 4 physical buttons on the bottom of the screen and starting copying Apple's 2007 design more thoroughly?

Oval-ish. Galaxy W.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/28/w...-its-backside/

post #101 of 213

Thanks for the link, but that's still an unreleased device that appeared as a prototype after the supposed leak of the 5th generation iPhone leaks indicating an oval Home Button. It doesn't mean they is a correlation, but it does seem suspicious that these would only now be coming to the tech sites.
post #102 of 213
Quote:

Mergers create a market close to that of a monopoly (aka oligopoly if it is with a few companies).

Both monopolies and oligopolies stifles competition and increases prices.

That is what the government is trying to protect, to keep competition flowing.

Perhaps, it is you who cant put 1 and 1 together.

"Mergers can create a market close to that of a monopoly"

A proposed 1960 merger of two supermarket chains, Von's and Shopping Bag, was ruled anti-competitive and tending towards a monopoly because the merged company would have something like 7% of the market.

"some illegal or unfair monopolies and oligopolies stifles competition and increases prices"

I would point out that IBM, in the 1960s - 1980s, had 97% of the maimframe computer market. This was clearly a monopoly. But it was found that it was neither illegal or unfair -- IBM had attained that position by (paraphrased): offering superior products, marketing and services.

post #103 of 213
Quote:

Yeah, because innovation to you is only skin deep. What goes behind the scene does'nt matter ( nor is it comprehensible for your kind)

post #104 of 213
Quote:

Yeah, because innovation to you is only skin deep. What goes behind the scene does'nt matter ( nor is it comprehensible for your kind)

Do tell how this device is in any way 'innovative'. Love to hear that one.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #105 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Thanks for the link, but that's still an unreleased device that appeared as a prototype after the supposed leak of the 5th generation iPhone leaks indicating an oval Home Button. It doesn't mean they is a correlation, but it does seem suspicious that these would only now be coming to the tech sites.

When did the the supposed leak of the 5th generation iPhone pics appear? There's this press release from Samsung on August 24th.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/s...trategy-along/

post #106 of 213
Quote:

Why send this thread off in that direction, by making a personal attack?

post #107 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can read and comprehend things yourself. Your a big boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Why send this thread off in that direction, by making a personal attack?

I want more people to participate in the discussion.

post #108 of 213
Quote:

And YOU'RE incapable of explaining how Samsung is differentiating itself from Apple.

Don't blame YOURself, though. They're not actually trying to differentiate from Apple, so no one can explain that.

Arguments get thrown out when they have no supporting evidence. You don't want to provide any? Then you don't get to argue.

post #109 of 213
Quote:

To be fair, the pressure sensitive stylus is a pretty original feature, albeit a liitle useless unless you actually intend to do drawing on it. Can't imagine it would be any better for taking notes than just typing, seeing that you'll run out of screen space within 4 words (been there, done that, with my nokia phone, which also had excellent handwriting recognition and a stylus).

That said, apart from the stylus thing, it's just a blown-up Galaxy S phone with an awkward form factor that the Dell Streak tried before, and that failed miserably. The innovation here may be a little more involved than skin-deep, but not a whole lot. Maybe if the Galaxy S was an innovative, unique product to begin with.

Coincidentally I just used a Galaxy S phone for the first time today by the way, and I was genuinely shocked how shitty it worked, except for the nice screen. The UI was horrible, choppier than my 3GS, I kept accidentally launching apps because of it, it hung for a few seconds intermittently, failed to recognize the unlock pattern half of the time, popped up confusing questions about terms and conditions I had to accept at least 3 times, complained about having to update stuff continuously, and when I tried to sync some music to it using Kies (which is as blatant of an iTunes ripoff as it gets, except 10 times shittier. I still can't wrap my head around how Android people can rag on iTunes, yet condone the Galaxy S software), it lost the connection to the phone every time the lock screen came up, only to reconnect after unplugging/replugging the USB cable. 10 minutes trying to set the thing up for a friend who didn't manage to get it working as advertised herself was enough to make me hate the thing.

I really, sincerely thought the Galaxy S was supposed to be one of the 'better' Android phones, one of them actually worth buying, but seeing how annoying, confusing, choppy and frustrating it was to do even the simplest things, especially compared to an almost 3 year old iPhone 3GS, was actually quite shocking, and I'm not saying this to start a flamewar.
post #110 of 213
Quote:

The injunction on Galaxy Tab 7.7 can't stand. This tablet only weights 330 grams. iPad looks and feels like a brick compared to this. On the weight alone, not to mention the first-of-the-kind 1280x720 OLED display, this is the most innovative device of the year, bar none.
post #111 of 213
Quote:

I want more people to participate in the discussion.

I did participate -- and also reported your post as a personal attack.

post #112 of 213
Quote:

Two questions about that photo:
1. Why is someone attacking that iPhone with a pen?
2. Why is there a Samsung logo across the top of that iPhone? Are they making them now?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #113 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

The injunction on Galaxy Tab 7.7 can't stand. This tablet only weights 330 grams. iPad looks and feels like a brick compared to this. On the weight alone, not to mention the first-of-the-kind 1280x720 OLED display, this is the most innovative device of the year, bar none.

AGAIN I have to use this image. I honestly can't tell if you people actually believe this tripe. I'm sorry, but I just find it fundamentally impossible to take this as anything but a joke.

post #114 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The company delay the device's launch

Today's typo!
post #115 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Two questions about that photo:
1. Why is someone attacking that iPhone with a pen?
2. Why is there a Samsung logo across the top of that iPhone? Are they making them now?

This is not iPhone. This device is 5''. Steve Jobs said they hit the sweet-spot with the display size and nobody wants bigger screen, thus there won't be bigger iPhone. Do you want to say Steve Jobs is liar ?
The device is also having operating system, that has some features, such as notification bar on the top, rich idle screen or over-the-air synchronization, that Apple is currently busy copying into their latest version of iOS, thus new iPhone, traditionally released in June, is still not ready.

Besides, you can keep attacking the device with your finger, if you prefer.
post #116 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciwiz View Post

When did the the supposed leak of the 5th generation iPhone pics appear? There's this press release from Samsung on August 24th.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/s...trategy-along/

image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....axy-berlin.jpg

I'm thinking about 6 months ago.

edit: At least a month before the Samsung future product announcement...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ved_sides.html
post #117 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

This is not iPhone. This device is 5''. Steve Jobs said they hit the sweet-spot with the display size and nobody wants bigger screen, thus there won't be bigger iPhone. Do you want to say Steve Jobs is liar ?

Why don't you point us to where Jobs stated or even implied there woul never be a larger iPhone. Go on! We'll wait.
post #118 of 213
Quote:

And YOU'RE incapable of explaining how Samsung is differentiating itself from Apple.

Don't blame YOURself, though. They're not actually trying to differentiate from Apple, so no one can explain that.

Arguments get thrown out when they have no supporting evidence. You don't want to provide any? Then you don't get to argue.

I have already stated all the differentiating features of this phone/tablet on my prior posts.

No need for me to regurgitate.

If you refuse to read above, that is your problem.

No need for me to hand hold you.

I'm getting the impression that you are just...lazy.

post #119 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

Apple will win some battles but will ultimately lose the war

You mean like The Egyptians, The Mongols, The Romans, The Spaniards, The French, The English?

No one stays on top forever. So unless you are willing to give a more precise time frame, your prediction is not too impressive.
post #120 of 213
Quote:

Google is a one trick pony.

Google innovated ONCE. Their Search Engine.

Their acquisitions and other services like Youtube, Android, Motorola, Gmail etc. are either expensive strategic blunders or money-losing operations.

Don't forget they are also strategic anticompetitive purchases to prevent others from making ad revenue from these sources.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung pulls Galaxy Tab 7.7 from German trade show after injunction