or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5

Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5

post #1 of 55
Without knowing any details on Apple's next-generation iPhone, including its release date, Deutsche Telekom still began offering customers the ability to preorder the handset on Monday.

A spokesman for the German carrier confirmed to Bloomberg that as of Monday, customers can reserve the next-generation iPhone. The carrier is reportedly concerned about supply bottlenecks at launch of the so-called "iPhone 5."

Customers who request the successor to the iPhone 4 will be granted a coupon for when it finally goes on sale. Unsurprisingly, the carrier does not know any details on the device, including its name, hardware specifications, or even when it will become available.

Further details on the reservation process were shared by the German-language focus.de (via Google Translate). The reservation process for the next-generation iPhone is not advertised, and it is also not available in Deutsche Telekom's online store; users must go into a brick-and-mortar location to obtain a "premiere ticket."

The first-come, first-served system allows one ticket per customer. The debut of the next-generation iPhone will mark the first time in Germany that Deutsche Telekom was not the exclusive carrier at launch, as Vodafone and O2 began selling the iPhone last October.

Numerous reports have pointed toward an October launch for the next iPhone in the U.S. Last year, the iPhone 4 went on sale first in America and Germany, as well as France, the U.K. and Japan.

Last week, a file found inside the latest iOS 5 beta revealed that a new iPhone model, dubbed "N94," has received regulatory approval with an identification number from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. The approval suggests that Apple is on the verge of introducing its new family of handsets.
post #2 of 55
Hi, I'd like to pre-order my pre-order my iPhone please.
post #3 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus009 View Post

Hi, I'd like to pre-order my pre-order my iPhone please.

Deutshe telecom is just being smart. They want to know how much inventory to carry. In the past, they probably carried to little. But, since the Germans are such stingy folks, they do not want to over project too.
post #4 of 55
Am an Apple fan, but anyone who pre-orders a product of any type without knowing the specification is acting on blind faith. Of course, iPhone 5 will be hot, but what if there are competitors with a better feature set? (IE, new phones from Samsung, HTC and Motorola.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Without knowing any details on Apple's next-generation iPhone, including its release date, Deutsche Telekom still began offering customers the ability to preorder the handset on Monday.

A spokesman for the German carrier confirmed to Bloomberg that as of Monday, customers can reserve the next-generation iPhone. The carrier is reportedly concerned about supply bottlenecks at launch of the so-called "iPhone 5."

Customers who request the successor to the iPhone 4 will be granted a coupon for when it finally goes on sale. Unsurprisingly, the carrier does not know any details on the device, including its name, hardware specifications, or even when it will become available.

Further details on the reservation process were shared by the German-language focus.de (via Google Translate). The reservation process for the next-generation iPhone is not advertised, and it is also not available in Deutsche Telekom's online store; users must go into a brick-and-mortar location to obtain a "premiere ticket."

The first-come, first-served system allows one ticket per customer. The debut of the next-generation iPhone will mark the first time in Germany that Deutsche Telekom was not the exclusive carrier at launch, as Vodafone and O2 began selling the iPhone last October.

Numerous reports have pointed toward an October launch for the next iPhone in the U.S. Last year, the iPhone 4 went on sale first in America and Germany, as well as France, the U.K. and Japan.

Last week, a file found inside the latest iOS 5 beta revealed that a new iPhone model, dubbed "N94," has received regulatory approval with an identification number from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. The approval suggests that Apple is on the verge of introducing its new family of handsets.
post #5 of 55
Those who gives any s**t about those other phones have purchased them already. BTW, why are you so hung up on what other people do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oflife View Post

Am an Apple fan, but anyone who pre-orders a product of any type without knowing the specification is acting on blind faith. Of course, iPhone 5 will be hot, but what if there are competitors with a better feature set? (IE, new phones from Samsung, HTC and Motorola.)
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
post #6 of 55
The rumors suggest that 2 models will be released..
If that turns out to be the case, which model are the pre-orders pre-ordering for?
post #7 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjose1929 View Post

the Germans are such stingy folks

Bit of a sweeping generalisation that.
post #8 of 55
Tim Cook may not make a formal iPhone 5 annoucement, just a simple press release.
post #9 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

Tim Cook may not make a formal iPhone 5 annoucement, just a simple press release.

I agree. The real feature set was introduced at WWDC. This will just be a hardware refresh. Bump in specs and at is all.

My bigger question is when is the upgrade to iOS 5?
post #10 of 55
Quote:

Apple fans don't start posts with "Am an Apple fan".
post #11 of 55
Quote:

Deutshe telecom is just being smart. They want to know how much inventory to carry. In the past, they probably carried to little. But, since the Germans are such stingy folks, they do not want to over project too.

Hard to generalize these days about the Germans, but typically they buy expensive products that they keep for a long time. They will buy washing machines made by Miele or Siemens that will last their entire lives. Or house made of reinforced cement concrete, hi grade insulation, windows, doors etc that will last generations. Same for cars.

We are more the quickie economy. We put up a house made of 2x4, few 2x6, particle wood, wham, bam and got house ready for termites. Add the latest Chinese made appliances and some bling and it is ready for moving by Xmas.
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjitMD View Post

Hard to generalize these days about the Germans, but typically they buy expensive products that they keep for a long time. They will buy washing machines made by Miele or Siemens that will last their entire lives. Or house made of reinforced cement concrete, hi grade insulation, windows, doors etc that will last generations. Same for cars.

We are more the quickie economy. We put up a house made of 2x4, few 2x6, particle wood, wham, bam and got house ready for termites. Add the latest Chinese made appliances and some bling and it is ready for moving by Xmas.

So true...
post #13 of 55
Who care about the feature set of other phones? There are other considerations often times more important. First, the eco system. If you have an iPhone, you likely already own a ton of apps that you don't' want to replace if you go else place. Second, if you use other Apple products, the iPhone integrates the best. Third, Apple's build quality on its phones kicks everybody else's butt. Most other phones are made of cheap plastics. HTC and Motorola phones are the worst. They are lucky to make it the two years on contract. Forth, there are more accessories in stores like Target and Walmart for iPhone users.

Bottom line if you already are using an iPhone you know the new one will be better then your current one. What else is there to know? With all that said, I wouldn't pre-order because I will not buy the first production run. The manufacturing process for building a product improves over time. I will usually wait at least a month, to have some of those issues refined. Regardless, the people pre-ordering are covered under warranty so diving right in isn't terribly risky.

Quote:

post #14 of 55
Unlike us Americans who embraced the out source band wagon to the detriment of our citizens, the citizens of other countries who followed our lead, Germans build a lot of their world class brands in Germany.

Quote:

post #15 of 55
Quote:

However research carried out for a previous employer of mine shows they will buy new technology products where there is new functionality which will be useful to them, even if they only recently bought a similar product (1-2 years being recent)
post #16 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Unlike us Americans who embraced the out source band wagon to the detriment of our citizens, the citizens of other countries who followed our lead, Germans build a lot of their world class brands in Germany.

You mean like BMW, who builds their world class brand in the US as well? And Porsche is considering building in the US and China. I guess Germans won't like the US and China for "taking their jobs away".
post #17 of 55
The most annoying part of his post is the implied "I-know-what's-best-for-you-and-if-you-don't-think-like-me-then-you-suck-because-you're-an-apple-fanboi" attitude. Of course, his assumption that no one would pick up on pretentiousness-in-the-guise-of-being-helpful adds to insult.

Man, this waiting for iPhone 5 is killing me.

Quote:

Who care about the feature set of other phones? There are other considerations often times more important. First, the eco system. If you have an iPhone, you likely already own a ton of apps that you don't' want to replace if you go else place. Second, if you use other Apple products, the iPhone integrates the best. Third, Apple's build quality on its phones kicks everybody else's butt. Most other phones are made of cheap plastics. HTC and Motorola phones are the worst. They are lucky to make it the two years on contract. Forth, there are more accessories in stores like Target and Walmart for iPhone users.

Bottom line if you already are using an iPhone you know the new one will be better then your current one. What else is there to know? With all that said, I wouldn't pre-order because I will not buy the first production run. The manufacturing process for building a product improves over time. I will usually wait at least a month, to have some of those issues refined. Regardless, the people pre-ordering are covered under warranty so diving right in isn't terribly risky.
post #18 of 55
Quote:

I would be suprised if they did that as the media events generate a lot of free publicity. The iPhone represents something like 50% of Apple revenues so there is a lot riding on this.
post #19 of 55
Quote:

Sounds like you have tunnel vision for Apple.

1. Eco system (lock in) means nothing to some people. If you move from Windows to Mac or vice versa there will be certain applications that just won't work. This hasn't stopped people from switching in the past and there are plenty that go from iPhone to Android and Android to iPhone and Win to anything else.

2. iPhone made by Apple integrates the best with Apple products? You don't say... Kind of like Android integrates the best with Google beta products or Win Phone 7 integrates the best with Microsoft products.

3. Plastic, yuck. You must not realize the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS and early iPods were all made with a certain percentage of plastic. Oh I must be mistaken, it was high quality Apple only plastic that no other manufacturer had at the time.

Me personally, I would never pre order an unannounced device without seeing specifics on what it can do. Even if it is from Apple.
post #20 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

The rumors suggest that 2 models will be released..
If that turns out to be the case, which model are the pre-orders pre-ordering for?

It seems to me that after all the fancy weird rumours we've had over the last few months, that at the end of the day that a single iPhone, shaped very much like the current iPhone and called "iPhone 5" is the most likely thing to occur at this point. So at the end, the single most likely situation (which could easily have been predicted a year ago), seems to be coming to pass.

iPhone 5, with iOS 5, released in the fall, in a slightly upgraded package to last years iPhone 4.

When you consider what a runaway success iPhone 4 was, even with the manufactured controversy over the antenna etc., this scenario makes a great deal of sense. It's not as exciting, (which is why we spent all year talking about red herrings), but it makes sense if this turns out to be the case.
post #21 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post

You mean like BMW, who builds their world class brand in the US as well? And Porsche is considering building in the US and China. I guess Germans won't like the US and China for "taking their jobs away".

Cars are also a real bad product to take as an example of outsourcing given that they are over-priced luxury items.

A good solid car that will last for years can be built for a couple of thousand bucks worth of materials and labour. With advantages of volume sales and scaled manufacturing, there is no reason why a car should cost more than 500 dollars or so and be able to last for many many years. The reason America and Germany can still build their own cars is that the market has been taught to expect a price in the range of many tens of thousands of dollars. It's easy to produce a product locally with those kinds of inflated price expectations.

People don't buy cars as mere transportation, they buy them as status symbols and "performance machines" even though the performance isn't actually needed. People buy cars that go hundreds of kilometres an hour to drive in stop and go traffic that never exceeds 45. People buy cars with unnecessary TV sets and stereos. People buy cars that are literally as big as houses and need ladders to get into them even though they rarely drive them further than the corner store. A car is a luxury item and the most luxurious of cars are the ones that are still profitable to manufacture locally, which is why car manufacturers are all pushing luxury.

A small, practical, reusable, economical car that would last the user for life, manufactured mostly by robots (but with the human employees still getting fantastic wages), could be easily made anywhere in the world and sold for under a thousand dollars.

People don't actually want that however. They want a new car every few years with lots of gee-gaws and assurance that it's the manliest vehicle on the street. They don't want to get from place to place, they want to feel like Daddy Warbucks.
post #22 of 55
I was watching a corporate profile of BMW on CNBC last night. They got a rare tour of their huge design complex (400 designers!) and had a chat with their head designer. When asked what their inspirations were, the first thing out of his mouth was Apple! They take into consideration Apple's "coolness factor" when designing new BMWs. "That's what people want," he said.

In the bad old days a common comparison when defending Apple's relatively high prices, high quality, and small market share, was BMW. Now BMW is returning the complement.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #23 of 55
Quote:

Deutshe telecom is just being smart. They want to know how much inventory to carry.

That would be likely if they had any clue what the models were.

Basically they are giving out tickets to folks so their orders will go at the top of the list when the list is started. At which point we could go with the inventory issue

Quote:

I disagree, somewhat. I don't think it will be a Moscone announcement but I do think that there will be a town hall of local media with perhaps a live stream (certainly with many videos after) to show off the iPhone 5 hardware with iOS 5's not mentioned features and likely also some iCloud action.

Think invites on tuesday, event on Thursday, perhaps sales the next thurs/friday. pre-orders/reservations maybe starting 12.01am after the event (hopefully they learned from the utter cock up of the iPad 2 and will do reservations with no walk in stock being kept aside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

go read his other posts and you'll see why he always starts with that phrase or similar.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

post #24 of 55
Quote:

No, you are not an Apple fan. You are just another fandroid troll. Let me tell you this to you: WE DON"T WANT CRAPPY ANDROID PHONES!!! We don't care for their "better feature set"! We only want iPhone 5!!! Is this sufficiently clear for you? Now, can you please go away?
post #25 of 55
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post

He DID qualify his comment by saying "a lot of," not all. No need to school him on something he has already implied.

It's all a matter of balance. I have no problem with Chinese building Buicks for the Chinese market in China. Saves all the wasted resources of shipping. I just wish Detroit (and other non-auto manufacturers) would make more of an effort to build products for the U.S. market in the U.S. Even if it means less dividends for stockholders. U.S. needs to think more "us" and less "me."

End Labor Day rant.
post #26 of 55
Quote:

My guess is that DT doesn't tell Apple how many units they need for an iPhone launch. It is far more likely that Apple allocates a specific quantity to each market. After all, Apple is the only one who knows how many they will have available at launch time.

Apple has shown severe supply constraints at all iPhone launches starting with the second generation. Heck, they sell out at their own retail stores, so clearly they are being mindful about how much to offer to their channel partners as well as how many to keep for their own retail division.

Apple is telling DT: "Here's how many you get at launch. You figure out how to keep your customers happy. Oh yeah, you owe us money."
post #27 of 55
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

No, you are not an Apple fan. You are just another fandroid troll. Let me tell you this to you: WE DON"T WANT CRAPPY ANDROID PHONES!!! We don't care for their "better feature set"! We only want iPhone 5!!! Is this sufficiently clear for you? Now, can you please go away?

Take a gander at Oflife's post history if you doubt NelsonX. Oflife starts many posts by holding up the mask of "as an Apple fan." Oldest trick in the book. Then goes on to nit pick and criticize Apple products at nearly every opportunity. While maybe not the most egregious of trolls, he is certainly no fan.
post #28 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Oldest trick in the book.

At this point, if anyone falls for that level of stupidity, they deserve to fall for it.

Quote:
Then goes on to nit pick and criticize Apple products at nearly every opportunity. While maybe not the most egregious of trolls, he is certainly no fan.

OI, Parttimer! You getting this? You're supposed to start your posts with "I'm an Apple fan but,"!

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #29 of 55
Quote:

Unlikely.

If there's one Apple product launch that merits a live announcement, it's the iPhone. After all, the thing generates over half of the company's entire revenue and is their gross margin leader. A huge part of Apple's success today has been driven by the iPhone. Without it, they would remain a niche PC maker.

Nothing else in their product portfolio merits the same amount of attention because nothing else generates as much money. If there's anything that would get relegated to press release, it would be an esoteric, niche product like the Mac Pro.

There are three other events that merit live announcements: new iPad, new iOS, and new OS X.

That said, Apple gets superb press coverage of its live announcements, far more than any other company on this planet and at relatively little cost. Since they abandoned trade shows, they aren't sharing the limelight with anyone else and the media's attention isn't being fragmented. They have total control over the timing, the venue, the message, the invitees, etc.
post #30 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by applebjesus View Post

Sounds like you have tunnel vision for Apple....

You don't seem like a regular troll so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain this in simple terms.

Yes, a proportion of the people here have a near-religious devotion to Apple and Apple products and won't even consider anything by another company. That's what you'd expect to find on an Apple forum. Go to an Android forum and you'll find the same feelings for Google products. Go to a Windows Phone 7 and you'll find the same feelings for Microsoft.

But the majority of Apple fans don't buy iPhones because of tunnel vision, they buy them because changing platforms on a regular basis is awkward and expensive.

Right now there are some Android phones that are cool. I don't think there are any that beat the iPhone hands down because Android has a lot of systemic problems (trojan-filled app store, general lack of good design principles or concern for quality amongst the development community, etc) but nonetheless there are some Android phones that are basically as useful as an iPhone and which have a bunch of cool features that the iPhone doesn't have and may never have (NFC, stereo screen/camera, etc).

So if I see an Android phone come out that looks like it might beat the iPhone on a couple of features that I care about, does my decision to buy an iPhone 5 instead make me a fanboy? No, because I'm not just comparing the phone hardware feature-for-feature, I'm also taking into account the ecosystem and my own learned behaviour.

I'm familiar with the iPhone and I've invested a lot of time and money in it. If I switched to another platform, I'd have to spend hundreds of dollars re-purchasing apps and content (iBooks), and I'd have to spend tens of hours relearning/unlearning my current expectations for how a phone should behave. And all of that with no guarantee that once I've done that, I'll like the new experience better (I can't tell how good something as complex as a smartphone is from a few minutes in a showroom).

Sure, some people switch from Mac to PC and back again, but they don't do it every 18 months. If I jumped platform every time I saw a new shiny machine then I'd never get the full benefits of any of the platforms because I would never want to risk investing in their ecosystems properly (that means not buying software or content, which is the very thing that makes a computer or smartphone useful).

I'm guessing you don't buy many apps, don't pay for DRM-encumbered content and don't rely on iPhone or Android for your income (i.e. you aren't a developer). That's not a bad thing - not every iPhone user is a developer, power user or rabid consumer of digital books and apps. But I am, and so are a lot of the other people here, and consequently it will take a lot more than some shiny new features and a nicer screen to make us jump to Android.

Even if iPhone 5 is a turkey, the chances are that when I get one I will get much more use and enjoyment out of it on day one than I would with a brand new Android phone. I don't want to buy a phone that will only become useful to me after several days and several hundred dollars of investment in software.

If I was an Android user, I'm sure I'd feel the same way.
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance" - Steve Ballmer
post #31 of 55
A bit harsh, no? Not everyone watches the daily soap that is AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

At this point, if anyone falls for that level of stupidity, they deserve to fall for it.
post #32 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

A bit harsh, no? Not everyone watches the daily soap that is AI.

You don't have to frequent product forums or have any back-knowledge to spot that level of troll from a mile away.

post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You don't have to frequent product forums or have any back-knowledge to spot that level of troll from a mile away.

So are you saying that no response is the best?

How about we compile a list of maybe top ten, for a slow, old fogey like me?

I'll start with a couple of my favorites--

"I stopped using Apple products because X"

"X is currently is innovating with Y but Apple isn't"
post #34 of 55
Keep going, you're doing great!
post #35 of 55
Quote:

You're not fooling anyone. You're a spec sheet fan, ain'tcha? OMGZZZ TEH MOTOR0LAS HAZ MOAR MEGAPIXXLZ AN TEH BIGGAR GHZ

I think if you're really an Apple fan, you'd know how "sticky" the iOS ecosystem is. Assuming you're not into the whole jailbreak-and-piracy thing, you've probably purchased lots of apps, games, and music that you like. You're likely to have some "works with iPhone/iPod" hardware accessories like speakers or media docks, etc. You like the experience of using iOS (including putting up with its limits), and look forward to enhancements in iOS 5. That's what an Apple fan does. They don't even have to be noisy fans that get into flame wars on forums, they're people like my dad or my sister who don't follow tech news. They don't know what a TEGRA2 is and they don't care. These people picked their platform and want to continue with it. They generally like the Apple ownership experience, and they want it continue through future upgrades. Whatever the iPhone 5 is, they expect it to be more of what Apple has consistently delivered. You can call that "blind faith," but it's actually "very well-informed faith" based on a decade of consistently delivering the type of experiences that consumer want. If you're easily distracted by a competitor's spec sheet, then none of that means anything to you.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #36 of 55
Quote:

LOL. I'm using that.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #37 of 55
Wow. What a great post. I thought it worthy of a repost.

Perhaps we should just cut and paste this under the subject heading "Response to Android Fan [insert name here] on AI" every time that one shows up (as they seem to, too often, these days!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post

You don't seem like a regular troll so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain this in simple terms.

Yes, a proportion of the people here have a near-religious devotion to Apple and Apple products and won't even consider anything by another company. That's what you'd expect to find on an Apple forum. Go to an Android forum and you'll find the same feelings for Google products. Go to a Windows Phone 7 and you'll find the same feelings for Microsoft.

But the majority of Apple fans don't buy iPhones because of tunnel vision, they buy them because changing platforms on a regular basis is awkward and expensive.

Right now there are some Android phones that are cool. I don't think there are any that beat the iPhone hands down because Android has a lot of systemic problems (trojan-filled app store, general lack of good design principles or concern for quality amongst the development community, etc) but nonetheless there are some Android phones that are basically as useful as an iPhone and which have a bunch of cool features that the iPhone doesn't have and may never have (NFC, stereo screen/camera, etc).

So if I see an Android phone come out that looks like it might beat the iPhone on a couple of features that I care about, does my decision to buy an iPhone 5 instead make me a fanboy? No, because I'm not just comparing the phone hardware feature-for-feature, I'm also taking into account the ecosystem and my own learned behaviour.

I'm familiar with the iPhone and I've invested a lot of time and money in it. If I switched to another platform, I'd have to spend hundreds of dollars re-purchasing apps and content (iBooks), and I'd have to spend tens of hours relearning/unlearning my current expectations for how a phone should behave. And all of that with no guarantee that once I've done that, I'll like the new experience better (I can't tell how good something as complex as a smartphone is from a few minutes in a showroom).

Sure, some people switch from Mac to PC and back again, but they don't do it every 18 months. If I jumped platform every time I saw a new shiny machine then I'd never get the full benefits of any of the platforms because I would never want to risk investing in their ecosystems properly (that means not buying software or content, which is the very thing that makes a computer or smartphone useful).

I'm guessing you don't buy many apps, don't pay for DRM-encumbered content and don't rely on iPhone or Android for your income (i.e. you aren't a developer). That's not a bad thing - not every iPhone user is a developer, power user or rabid consumer of digital books and apps. But I am, and so are a lot of the other people here, and consequently it will take a lot more than some shiny new features and a nicer screen to make us jump to Android.

Even if iPhone 5 is a turkey, the chances are that when I get one I will get much more use and enjoyment out of it on day one than I would with a brand new Android phone. I don't want to buy a phone that will only become useful to me after several days and several hundred dollars of investment in software.

If I was an Android user, I'm sure I'd feel the same way.
post #38 of 55
Quote:

I'm a total Apple fanboy, , but my iPhone 4 contract isn't up yet and my current unit does not have a scratch on it, so I'll be siting this refresh on the side lines. At least I get the iOS 5 update. Hopefully they don't make spell correction permanently on. That un-feature is my only complaint right now. I'll take responsibility for my own typos.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Keep going, you're doing great!

QUOTE=applebjesus

"Sounds like you have tunnel vision for Apple."
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm a total Apple fanboy, , but my iPhone 4 contract isn't up yet and my current unit does not have a scratch on it, so I'll be siting this refresh on the side lines. At least I get the iOS 5 update. Hopefully they don't make spell correction permanently on. That un-feature is my only complaint right now. I'll take responsibility for my own typos.

My wife complicated her upgrade plan by insisting she doesn't need an iPhone so she bought an Ericsson non-smartphone instead. Fast forward two months later, her workplace apparently has an iOS app that her management wants her to use. To upgrade now means forking over the equivalent amount of getting an unsubsidized phone.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5