or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5 - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm a total Apple fanboy, , but my iPhone 4 contract isn't up yet and my current unit does not have a scratch on it, so I'll be siting this refresh on the side lines. At least I get the iOS 5 update. Hopefully they don't make spell correction permanently on. That un-feature is my only complaint right now. I'll take responsibility for my own typos.

Everyone takes responsibility for their typos
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Everyone takes responsibility for their typos

Ha ha ha...too funny! Good thing those weren't Twitter posts

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjitMD View Post

Hard to generalize these days about the Germans, but typically they buy expensive products that they keep for a long time. They will buy washing machines made by Miele or Siemens that will last their entire lives. Or house made of reinforced cement concrete, hi grade insulation, windows, doors etc that will last generations. Same for cars.

We are more the quickie economy. We put up a house made of 2x4, few 2x6, particle wood, wham, bam and got house ready for termites. Add the latest Chinese made appliances and some bling and it is ready for moving by Xmas.

Lurking around on Ai for more than a year. As a German THIS post made register and reply. Yeah

BTW: Living in Massachusetts now, it's pretty cool over here too you know.
post #44 of 55
5th Generation iPhone has already generated tons of publicity, Tim Cook may host a boring short news conference, and nothing like Steve Jobs. Tim Cook is not a good speaker, press conference will not be as big as it used to be.
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

5th Generation iPhone has already generated tons of publicity, Tim Cook may host a boring short news conference, and nothing like Steve Jobs. Tim Cook is not a good speaker, press conference will not be as big as it used to be.

It's Apple's greatest source of profit being announced alongside Apple's second greatest source of profit.

There's going to be a conference the same as any other year.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #46 of 55
Jonathan Ive should present 5th Generation iPhone instead of Tim Cook. (Hint September 21st)
post #47 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

Jonathan Ive should present 5th Generation iPhone instead of Tim Cook. (Hint September 21st)

Hmmm. Announce Sept 21 for release on first week of Oct? Then wait at least 3 months for supply to catch up.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #48 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

Jonathan Ive should present 5th Generation iPhone instead of Tim Cook. (Hint September 21st)

No, Ive would do a terrible job. It'll be Scott Forstall for most of the presentation, having been introduced briefly by Tim Cook.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

5th Generation iPhone has already generated tons of publicity, Tim Cook may host a boring short news conference, and nothing like Steve Jobs. Tim Cook is not a good speaker, press conference will not be as big as it used to be.

I have not heard or watched a single presentation from Jobs, and yet I've purchased many Apple products since using a Mac IIci and purchasing my very own Powerbook 520c. I think the media is doing just fine with the promotional aspects. Apple is a well-recognized brand known for delivering great products. I read the latest Economist, and I see the iPhone. Visibility is very high indeed.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, Ive would do a terrible job. It'll be Scott Forstall for most of the presentation, having been introduced briefly by Tim Cook.

Let Nicholas Allegra do the honors! It really doesn't matter, as long as apple increases the display to 4 inches, dual core processor, and a 4G radio (i.e LTE or WiMAX)
post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

I have not heard or watched a single presentation from Jobs, and yet I've purchased many Apple products since using a Mac IIci and purchasing my very own Powerbook 520c. I think the media is doing just fine with the promotional aspects. Apple is a well-recognized brand known for delivering great products. I read the latest Economist, and I see the iPhone. Visibility is very high indeed.

type presentations from Steve Jobs on YouTube. It will magically transform your life!
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Everyone takes responsibility for their typos

Yep. If they force me to use that crap my iPhone will go from pristine, no scratches, to thrown to the pavement, run over by trucks and tossed from a bridge. That is the most repulsive piece of software ever. It automatically chooses the most vulgar replacement text imaginable. What are they thinking????

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post

type presentations from Steve Jobs on YouTube. It will magically transform your life!

Wow, he IS an amazing showman, though seems very sincere. "Stay young, stay foolish". Looks like the competition got the fool part down pat instead.

I still think the media, people in general will find something else to nitpick about Apple even now that Steve has resigned.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Reply
post #54 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yep. If they force me to use that crap my iPhone will go from pristine, no scratches, to thrown to the pavement, run over by trucks and tossed from a bridge. That is the most repulsive piece of software ever. It automatically chooses the most vulgar replacement text imaginable. What are they thinking????

That's why you can turn spelling correction off.

Not a big deal.
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

Wow, he IS an amazing showman, though seems very sincere. "Stay young, stay foolish". Looks like the competition got the fool part down pat instead.

I still think the media, people in general will find something else to nitpick about Apple even now that Steve has resigned.

Stay old and ignorant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Deutsche Telekom begins accepting preorders for Apple's iPhone 5