or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.

Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread. - Page 2

post #41 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yeah, UK, European and Japanese systems aren't that fantastic sometimes.

But UK and Europe got messed up because of their handling of debt and the EU/EC/Euro, not so much because of their parliamentary systems.

In fact I think the European challenge is that individual European countries tend to be reasonably politically stable but when it comes to the EU/EC/Euro there are some very grey areas about sovereignty, management of currencies, the European Central Bank, "slacker" EU members (they're even called PIIGS) and so on. That's been Europe's achilles heel, the attempt at bringing the countries together as the United States Of Europe.

Japan... Yeah, something went horribly wrong there.

I'm hoping Australia continues on the path of being one of the few developed nations that isn't financially imploding. The parliamentary system is somewhat tenuous since the lower house led by the Prime Minister only achieves a majority on a bill with the support of up to six independent lower house members. This has always been a sticking point of multi-party systems when you have a few members holding the balance of power of the whole government. So far, the independent members have played ball... they had to agree on which of the 2 major parties to support so that government could be formed. But these independent "crossbenchers" could easily cause havoc by sabotaging either of the two major parties at any time they choose.

Again I'm kinda late to the party (pun unintended), but I think this is what the Tea Party is trying to do. They're trying to be a third party in a two-party system and if the non-Tea Partiers are mostly in gridlock as is the case now, then they tend to have some kind of "balance of power". It is scary because you are seeing the rise of a non-official political party effectively holding huge sway over mainstream politics, and holding great influence over the two major parties.

Democracy's a bitch sometimes...!

Well, when it comes to our elections system, it was not supposed to just be a 2 party system. The people were supposed to elect the person they wanted to run the country. The parties came in to consolidate the power and provide a platform to get the person the party wanted elected out to the people. Now people act like that is the only choice they have.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #42 of 886
People also forget - or don't even know - that the Republican Party was at one time a "Third Party".

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #43 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

People also forget - or don't even know - that the Republican Party was at one time a "Third Party".

Considering they forget promises broken or contradictory stands taken by politicians and elect the same people over and over again, this is a given the the electorates overall memory is very short.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #44 of 886
It appears he's lost the jewish vote.
post #45 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Is there some context for this?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #46 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Is there some context for this?

The most recent election.

Am I the only one that watches and reads basic news these days?
post #47 of 886
Quote:

The most recent election.

Am I the only one that watches and reads basic news these days?

Likely.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #48 of 886
Well you likely won't hear much about it on MSNBC.

post #49 of 886
Quote:

Well you likely won't hear much about it on MSNBC.

That would especially be true for me since I don't watch much tv, let alone MSNBC.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #50 of 886
The problem isn't the man, his plan, his policies, his legislation or anything like that.

You've just gone soft America.

Apparently soft and competitiveness is code for not enough half a trillion dollar loans to corrupt solar companies.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #51 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The problem isn't the man, his plan, his policies, his legislation or anything like that.

You've just gone soft America.

Apparently soft and competitiveness is code for not enough half a trillion dollar loans to corrupt solar companies.

I blame myself. I'm going to stop my cryin' and strap mah boots on.
post #52 of 886
Quote:

I blame myself. I'm going to stop my cryin' and strap mah boots on.

Careful Floorjack. You don't want Biden complimenting you or AP being declared racist for transcribing your comments.

post #53 of 886
Opposition to Obama grows and HARDENS.

This election can't come fast enough for most Americans.

post #54 of 886
HOLY COW!!

The most devastating video you can imagine with regard to President Obama's reelection prospects.

Watch and pass it on. Anyone who could pull a lever for this guy or his part after watching this cannot be sane or honest.

post #55 of 886

It's got to be someone else's fault darn it because the buck stops here!

post #56 of 886
I read that Obama wanted to apologize for Hiroshima, but even the Japanese told him that that wasn't a good idea?

That is the most disgusting thing that I've read all day, without a doubt. And I read many disgusting things every single day.

This guy is not going to get re-elected.
post #57 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I read that Obama wanted to apologize for Hiroshima, but even the Japanese told him that that wasn't a good idea?

That is the most disgusting thing that I've read all day, without a doubt. And I read many disgusting things every single day.

That is the report, yes.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #58 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That is the report, yes.

Whoever the next President is, they're going to need to apologize for Obama, both to the American people and to the world.
post #59 of 886
Quote:

It's got to be someone else's fault darn it because the buck stops here!

Well, he put up a Jobs Bill that was blocked in the Senate by a minority Republican senate population (due to "cloture").

It's all too easy now for Republicans to point fingers at Obama and laugh "ha ha you suck your Jobs Plan sucks you're the cause of no jobs".

Sure, kick out Obama. Then we'll see what happens. Rich getting richer, perhaps, war on Iran, US default... Maybe just my imagination, but go ahead.

I could be wrong, and I have no voting rights in the US, so I guess, I'll have to leave it to y'all.
post #60 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Well, he put up a Jobs Bill that was blocked in the Senate by a minority Republican senate population (due to "cloture").

It's all too easy now for Republicans to point fingers at Obama and laugh "ha ha you suck your Jobs Plan sucks you're the cause of no jobs".

Sure, kick out Obama. Then we'll see what happens. Rich getting richer, perhaps, war on Iran, US default... Maybe just my imagination, but go ahead.

I could be wrong, and I have no voting rights in the US, so I guess, I'll have to leave it to y'all.

That's because his "jobs" bill is a payoff to a bunch of Democratic constituencies and will thus work about as well as his last "jobs bill" which did nothing to improve employment, spent nearly a trillion dollars and left unemployment at above 9%.

If it were a real jobs bill then it would really have the votes.

post #61 of 886
Obama owns three largest deficits ever.

Quote:
The 2011 budget deficit for the federal government is $1.299 trillion according to numbers just released by the U.S. Treasury. That is the second highest deficit in history. In fact, Barack Obama now has the dubious distinction of the three highest deficits all happening on his watch.

Quote:
Obama will likely make it four in a row one year from now as his own budget shop is estimating a $1.1 trillion deficit for 2012.

The 2009 deficit still holds the record at $1.412 trillion. In 2010 the deficit reached $1.293. In just three years, more than $4 trillion of red ink has been added to the debt. The government's fiscal year ends September 30.

Prior to the Obama Administration, the largest nominal deficit ever recorded was $458 billion in 2008, the last year of the Bush Administration. That is barely one-third of each of the Obama Administration's dubious deficit records.

Barely a month into office back in 2009, the ever-confident Obama promised "to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office."

That looks like yet another promise he won't be keeping.

When Obama runs against George Bush again in 2012 (because he surely can't run on his record) what will he say? Double the wars, triple the deficit, ya gotta love me!

post #62 of 886
Quote:

Is a party of liars and do nothings!
post #63 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

How the hell do you know this?
post #64 of 886
some of the links and pictures are missing
has this thread been scrubbed, i had it this morning did a refresh and gone

need the link to youtube videio "obama by the numbers"

and that political cartoon wtih obama at the chalk board

thanks

its back
did another refresh and now i can see the above
thanks
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #65 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Your Question was answered in the post that immediately followed.

Quote:

That is the report, yes.

To make it absolutely clear the link shared is from Investors.com: Apologies Not Accepted.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #66 of 886
DailyCaller

Quote:
As children across America costume themselves as ghouls, ghosts, goblins and former North African dictators Monday night, they may have missed the most spine-chilling scare of the day. According to calculations based on the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook, on All Hallows’ Eve the United States’ total debt will surpass its Gross Domestic Product for the first time since World War II.

That means the average American’s share of government debt is more than an average American makes in a year. Spooky!

Spooky isn't the half of it.

Quote:
The rapidly narrowing gap between debt and GDP has many economists and pundits comparing the United States’ fiscal situation to that of Greece. Extravagant public spending, and in particular unsustainable pension commitments, led the Hellenic Republic down the road to near-bankruptcy. Greece narrowly avoided default on Thursday when eurozone leaders agreed to force a 50-percent writedown on Greek bonds and a $100 billion bailout.

Both Wesbury and Waldman agree America’s situation is not nearly as dire, though it bears some similarity to Greece’s underwater economy.

Waldman said a U.S. default was unlikely, but “look what just happened to Greece. Everybody who owns Greek bonds is taking a 50 percent haircut. Our currency is the world’s reserve currency. Our place in the world is supported by that fact.

“What the Greeks just did is default on half their debt. If we default on half our debt, that would mean we would have to pay super high interest rates to ever sell another Treasury security. So that’s out of the question. What we could do is have inflation and pay the debt back with dollars that are worth less than the ones we borrowed. When that happens, citizens like you and I pay the price because we have to pay higher prices for everything.”

Wesbury was more confident. “Yes, Greece had too much debt for their society, but they had tons of other problems. They had a culture of corruption, they had no growth, people were retiring at 52 and drawing on massive pensions. We have some of that.

Mr. Wesbury, we might have more of all of those things than you imagine.

post #67 of 886
Quote:

Faux Noise and Friends in "put it out there" mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkG5Wp-aRoM

They had to apologize, but after creating a stir amongst their viewers.

Sick.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #68 of 886
Pelosi says unemployment would be 15% without the stimulus. Apparently one CAN try to defend the indefensible. Honestly, how the President's approval rating is even at 40% is beyond me.
post #69 of 886
Quote:

Pelosi says unemployment would be 15% without the stimulus. Apparently one CAN try to defend the indefensible. Honestly, how the President's approval rating is even at 40% is beyond me.

It's at 40% because too many in the country still get their info from the liberal media complex. Look at the major media centers and look at the political orientation. NY, LA, Chicago, etc. If it has a major media center pumping out propaganda you can watch after Maury declares who is the father, and see who tears who's shirt off on Jerry, they vote Democratic.

Stupid people watching stupid television news fall for stupid reasoning related to their Democratic masters. Those Democratic masters exploit the poor and give it to the crony capitalists and the mob blames it on whoever the Democratic masters want to point a finger towards.

post #70 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Well, when it comes to our elections system, it was not supposed to just be a 2 party system. The people were supposed to elect the person they wanted to run the country. The parties came in to consolidate the power and provide a platform to get the person the party wanted elected out to the people. Now people act like that is the only choice they have.

Do you really honestly think the people have a choice in a candidate when they vote. Personally I think the whole thing is rigged. 8 years a Liberal 8 years a republican.
post #71 of 886
Quote:

Do you really honestly think the people have a choice in a candidate when they vote. Personally I think the whole thing is rigged. 8 years a Liberal 8 years a republican.

People absolutely have a choice when they vote. You can even write a name in if you so desire. However most people simply pull the lever for what is popped up in front of them. And they vote the party line.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #72 of 886
I have to say I wasn't impressed with Obama at G20... He looked quite lost, frankly. Maybe it finally dawned on him it is the cohort of US, London and European bankers that have taken the world for a ride this past decade.

In the past, the rest of the G20 would be looking to the US to help them out. Now, the US like Britain and Europe are but mere beggars to the global banking industry. That's slavery back in action, with a vengeance.

Quite ironic, Obama's election was a great achievement for African Americans, except now we know who the real slave masters are - the bankers... And this time they don't quite discriminate based on the colour of your skin. Everyone is a potential or current debt slave.
post #73 of 886
Quote:
NBC poll: Despite national pessimism, Obama tops GOP foes

One year out from election, Romney and Cain lead Republican field

Winky, winky!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45196665...decision_2012/
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #74 of 886
Cain is unelectable. Looks like Romney v. Obama unless the Repubs pull a rabbit out of their hat.
post #75 of 886
Quote:

He is not a great lover of Israel.Bush was.
post #76 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Winky, winky!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45196665...decision_2012/

First, NBC is useless as a news organization, so I don't take their polling seriously. But putting that aside, that poll doesn't really have much meaning. It's a national poll. The state by state numbers are FAR worse for Obama.

Beyond candidate vs. candidate polling, Obama's numbers are horrifying. Right Track/Wrong Track (25/75). Unemployment (9%) State of the economy . Belief that the economy will improve. Approve/Disapprove (40/50+) Handling the economy (30 approve, 67 disapprove). The deficit. Check out pollingreport.com. There is very little good news for the President.

Barring something crazy, I don't see how he gets reelected in this environment.
post #77 of 886
Quote:

First, NBC is useless as a news organization, so I don't take their polling seriously. But putting that aside, that poll doesn't really have much meaning. It's a national poll. The state by state numbers are FAR worse for Obama.

Beyond candidate vs. candidate polling, Obama's numbers are horrifying. Right Track/Wrong Track (25/75). Unemployment (9%) State of the economy . Belief that the economy will improve. Approve/Disapprove (40/50+) Handling the economy (30 approve, 67 disapprove). The deficit. Check out pollingreport.com. There is very little good news for the President.

Barring something crazy, I don't see how he gets reelected in this environment.

Yeah , yeah it's the source's fault! !

In your own words : " You're hilarious! " The republicans have milktoast candidates that no one but the republicans like ( especially in today's economic climate remember the one's that the voting public doesn't like more than Obama is the republican congress ). And they eat their own! Just watch those debates!

Quote:
something crazy

This happens all of the time. Look at how Bush got elected.

But go ahead. Choose not to believe the poll. Here's a little something for you to look at :

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...ljs2011042101/

Also :

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh12gen.htm

There's very little good news for the republicans. But by all means shall we play the " Wait and see " game again? It's only a year away.
post #78 of 886
Quote:

I guess that's what happens when people's reasoning doesn't even fill up a good bumper sticker. HOPE&CHANGE!

I don't blame the American people electing someone so inexperienced. The original American system had small government, so the important thing about the President was that he have good character, and did not have to be an expert at everything. So rightly an election system evolved focussing on individual character and morals more than qualifications.

But the US government is so big now that the president really needs some experience leading large organisations, and a pretty good grasp of economics and military strategy too. No longer good enough to just be a Good Man.

The election system has not caught up with this new reality.
post #79 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yeah , yeah it's the source's fault! !

NBC News engages in deliberate and indisputable bias. They've made a conscious decision to be "the alternative to Fox News." So, the poll is nonsense. But I offered to put that aside.

Quote:

In your own words : " You're hilarious! " The republicans have milktoast candidates that no one but the republicans like

That's not atypical. Same goes for the Democrats. Of course, if I showed you that Obama has lost support among Democrats, you'd probably dismiss it.

Quote:
( especially in today's economic climate remember the one's that the voting public doesn't like more than Obama is the republican congress ).

That was quite a weaselly way to state that. They are dissatisfied with Congress in general, not "the Republican Congress."

Quote:

And they eat their own! Just watch those debates!

Some do, some don't. Romney--who as of now is all but certain to win the nomination--hasn't gone after people. Neither has Newt Gingrich.

Quote:

This happens all of the time. Look at how Bush got elected.

Apparently crazy is now defined as "won the most electoral votes despite Al Gore trying to steal the election."

Quote:

But go ahead. Choose not to believe the poll. Here's a little something for you to look at :

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/cry...ljs2011042101/

Also :

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh12gen.htm

Larry Sabato's site shows absolutely nothing conclusive at present. There are 111 toss up votes. Obama's map should look far better at this point.

Your other link shows Mitt Romney beating Obama 51 to 47. Good job proving my point.

Quote:

There's very little good news for the republicans. But by all means shall we play the " Wait and see " game again? It's only a year away.

I know we fight about this every cycle and that we've had our battles, but I really don't see how you come to that conclusion. The numbers for Obama are really, really bad.
  • No President except for Reagan has been been re-elected with 7+% unemployment. And Reagan was the beneficiary of a rapidly improving economy at the time.
  • Obama's approval rating is around 40% in most polls. It even dips to 39% at times. Presidents don't win re-election unless they are close to 50%.
  • Obama's support amongst core voting blocks has dipped, including blacks, hispanics, younger voters and indepenents.
  • Most polls show Obama even with or losing to a generic Republic candidate.

Add to this the following factors:
  • There is a huge enthusiasm gap between Republicans and Democrats
  • The overall economy is still very bad and is unlikely to improve significantly by election day.
  • Issue polling wrt Obama is bad, particularly on the economy and healthcare.
post #80 of 886
This is a great read!

Quote:
In just three years Mr. Obama has been such an inspiring leader, confidence-builder, political organizer, and policy-maker that he simultaneously faces a do-nothing Congress, a do-nothing business community, and a do-nothing economy. No wonder most Americans these days tell pollsters they’re dissatisfied with his presidency.

That is the quote that kills it for accuracy for sure. A leader whom no one is following, just like the wonderful occupy movement.

Quote:
At various times he has blamed the stagnant U.S. economy of 2009-2011 on President Bush, on the financial crisis of 2008, on the Japanese tsunami, the “Arab Spring,” the European debt crisis, the weather – and now, on otherwise productive Americans who’ve mysteriously become “soft,” “lazy,” “un-ambitious,” and “un-imaginative.”

At the same time, Obama’s administration demands still more taxes from top wealth-creators, blocks bank dividends, precludes Boeing from opening a new plant in South Carolina, stalls deep-water drilling in the Gulf, subsidizes corrupt loss-makers like Solyndra, and nixes the proposed Keystone Pipeline.

Actions have consequences and especially with regard to energy production, that sentence perfectly encapsulates what Obama is doing for energy. If you want to drill for it or move what has been drilled for, then the answer is no. If you want a half trillion to go bankrupt and steal with the right good intention, then his arms are open.

Also don't ever sweat the liberal media complex turning gun running or crony-energy-capitalism into a scandal, they've got your back for sure.

Quote:
All of them. Obama despises capitalism and its moral underpinnings (rational greed), but in times like these he also yearns for its abundant and beneficial effects. He can’t and won’t ever reconcile this blatant contradiction, and that’s the real root of his current frustrations and insults.

Rational greed or rational self-interest to our friends who can't get past a certain word that is like a slur to them, is the basis of capitalism, and when you declare you support capitalism, but just want the greed or self-interest gone from it and turned over to committees, regulation and government control, then what you support isn't capitalism but socialism, fascism or communism depending upon the particulars of your reasons for grabbing power away from individuals to what length you will go to take that power.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.