or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.

Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread. - Page 12

post #441 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh, don't be so obtuse.

Did you look at the document BR linked to? It certainly looked to me like the seals in question were used over the years to promote the idea that the subject matter pertains to government leaders.

If a congressional seal was used in a Sierra Club brochure on engaging with your congressman on green issues, would you think that that was an official government document?

Who's being obtuse here?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #442 of 886
Obama was against Super PACs before he was for them.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #443 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Do I really need to list the one's that apply directly?

Yes, because they are all bullshit. Let's see them, jimmac.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #444 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Why bother SDW. You've already judged them without hearing what the are. Like everything you talk about.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #445 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Obama was against Super PACs before he was for them.

Well at least he said he was. He also said he was for federal funding of elections before he was against it.

It think I've detected a trend.
post #446 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Well at least he said he was. He also said he was for federal funding of elections before he was against it.

It think I've detected a trend.

Everyone is human BO is not a machine and has a right to change his mind.
post #447 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Everyone is human BO is not a machine and has a right to change his mind.

I might agree with you if i thought his mind was set to begin with. As with most politicians of both sides the decision is based on political expedience rather than reason and principle.

Hope, change, more of the same.
post #448 of 886
Quote:

Why bother SDW. You've already judged them without hearing what the are. Like everything you talk about.

You can't be for real. I looked at EVERY hit on the first page of Google results to which you linked. There was not one that was an actual news source or even reputable opinion. One was on Yahoo answers. One was this thread. There were few random, unknown bloggers. The only one that was close to credible was About.com, and that (as I showed) made MY point, not yours.

So let's have it, jimmac. Show us a few sources that support your claim...if you even remember what it was.
post #449 of 886
Quote:

You can't be for real. I looked at EVERY hit on the first page of Google results to which you linked. There was not one that was an actual news source or even reputable opinion. One was on Yahoo answers. One was this thread. There were few random, unknown bloggers. The only one that was close to credible was About.com, and that (as I showed) made MY point, not yours.

So let's have it, jimmac. Show us a few sources that support your claim...if you even remember what it was.

It's called a blind spot SDW. I'm not playing this game with you.
post #450 of 886
I've got a game we can all play because the media is playing it. Let's find a poll discussing President Obama, and his Republican challenger that actually discloses the party break down of the polling sample.

It seems this little bit of information has recently been disappearing as Obama has "drawn even" or "made up ground" in the media narrative.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #451 of 886
Quote:

It's called a blind spot SDW. I'm not playing this game with you.

jimmac, you're the one that started this "game." You made a claim. I challenged you. You then said "do a Google search" and linked to one you had done, claiming there were a plethora of search results on the first page that supported your opinion.

I clearly demonstrated your search produced ZERO sources that were even close to supporting your opinion, much less credible. You're so lazy you didn't even check to see that one of the results was THIS THREAD.

I demand proof of your claim. Show me a reputable source (even if it's a respected OPINION piece) shows that "greedy banks" caused the problem. Go ahead.
post #452 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I've got a game we can all play because the media is playing it. Let's find a poll discussing President Obama, and his Republican challenger that actually discloses the party break down of the polling sample.

It seems this little bit of information has recently been disappearing as Obama has "drawn even" or "made up ground" in the media narrative.

Yeah, good point. I don't buy the new polling data at all. Part of it is that polling breakdown as you mentioned, but part of it is the slew of anecdotal evidence I see and hear. You and I both work in a very liberal profession. I have some liberal neighbors and friends. Not only do I not hear anything good about the President, I hear a ton of negativity...the likes of which I've never seen. And it isn't just partisan or liberal vs. conservative stuff or personal stuff like it was with Bush, it's real anger at his policy decisions. It's real fear about what he's doing to national security, the military, medicare, the role of government, the economy and the Constitution itself.
post #453 of 886
Quote:

I might agree with you if i thought his mind was set to begin with. As with most politicians of both sides the decision is based on political expedience rather than reason and principle.

All politicians talk from both sides of their mouths.
post #454 of 886

post #455 of 886

What me worry? The dumb ones will just blame the next guy anyway.
post #456 of 886

post #457 of 886
Quote:

You are complete bullshit yourself with your Republican viewpoints!Obama is no saint he is a human like you and I.
post #458 of 886
Quote:

You are complete bullshit yourself with your Republican viewpoints!Obama is no saint he is a human like you and I.

I don't have "Republican" viewpoints. I have MY viewpoints, which themselves are primarily conservative and/or libertarian, depending on the issue. As for your post, please don't respond on jimmac's behalf.
post #459 of 886

post #460 of 886
218 reasons NOT to vote for Obama

^^^All points are sourced/cited.

post #461 of 886
Quote:

This demonstrates, with great clarity, that this is not about Democrat vs. Republican it is about the two branches of the establishment party against America and Americans. This is also further evidence that the state is nothing more than, as Murray Rothbard insightfully put it, "a criminal gang writ large." It is also further evidence that we are unlikely to get "the right people" in power and that the best solution is to reduce or eliminate the power in the first place. Sadly we appear to have large blocs of useful idiots more than willing to give their "right people" a pass and a general ignorance of constitutionally limited government that I don't see that happening until it all comes tumbling down in a much less graceful way.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #462 of 886
Quote:

That's a lot of reading. Followed a couple of links though and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't vote for him. MJ's right though, the Repub's are voting the same way.

I'm nowhere near as purist as you guys, but a lot of this is an atrocity. We The People should be renamed We The Evil Doer Terrorists, according to these parasitic, sterilised, fearmongering control freaks.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #463 of 886
When the Presidential candidates from both major parties (except one...you know who he is) support this insanity, it's difficult for me to understand how anyone could possibly support them.

post #464 of 886
Quote:

I think George Soros is really behind Obama and backing him up every which way he can.Truthfully political decision is the real key factor in most of his decisions not the principle which it should be.
post #465 of 886
Quote:

I don't have "Republican" viewpoints. I have MY viewpoints, which themselves are primarily conservative and/or libertarian, depending on the issue. As for your post, please don't respond on jimmac's behalf.

Most of your viewpoints are one sided as i read them here
post #466 of 886
Quote:

Most of your viewpoints are one sided as i read them here

A viewpoint is one-sided by nature. That's why it's called a viewpoint.
post #467 of 886
Well this certainly seems safer for the environment than a pipeline continuously monitored by computer tracking and automatic shut-off protocols.
post #468 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Well this certainly seems safer for the environment than a pipeline continuously monitored by computer tracking and automatic shut-off protocols.

No worries, they'll ban that type of transport, too.
post #469 of 886
Quote:

No worries, they'll ban that type of transport, too.

The TSA will cover this. Unless they're otherwise pre-occupied with molesting innocent American citizens.

post #470 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

The TSA will cover this. Unless they're otherwise pre-occupied with molesting innocent American citizens.

They're protecting us from the dire threat of wheelchair-bound toddlers with broken legs.

post #471 of 886
The Keystone XL pipeline, the extension to the Gulf Coast, is not for the benefit of Americans--it's for the benefits of the multinational oil corporations' bottom lines. That oil, which currently stops in the Midwest at the end of the Keystone pipeline, gets refined and sold in that region. The Keystone XL would allow for those Midwestern refineries to be bypassed and the end product more easily shipped overseas. That hurts the US--not helps, hurts.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #472 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The Keystone XL pipeline, the extension to the Gulf Coast, is not for the benefit of Americans--it's for the benefits of the multinational oil corporations' bottom lines. That oil, which currently stops in the Midwest at the end of the Keystone pipeline, gets refined and sold in that region. The Keystone XL would allow for those Midwestern refineries to be bypassed and the end product more easily shipped overseas. That hurts the US--not helps, hurts.

Why don't you come back when you know what you're talking about.

post #473 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Why don't you come back when you know what you're talking about.

Cited. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...p-US-consumers

What I said was correct. Face the FACTS.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #474 of 886
Quote:

Cited. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...p-US-consumers

What I said was correct. Face the FACTS.

No, you're just being the typical arrogant American.

There is no scenario that allows your country to gain all the economic benefits from every drop of oil that Canadians drill for and sell on the open market.

Some of that oil will be exported overseas. If the U.S. blocks access to its refineries and ports in the South, we will build our own pipelines to the sea, and export it ourselves.

Everyone is entitled to a fair share of wealth. The world does not exist solely for the benefit of Americans.
post #475 of 886
Not saying it should. My point is that extending the pipeline to the gulf will hurt the Midwest. MJ disagreed. I showed him the facts. You seem to agree yourself that the Keystone XL is not designed with the sole purposes of American prosperity in mind.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #476 of 886
Quote:

Not saying it should. My point is that extending the pipeline to the gulf will hurt the Midwest. MJ disagreed. I showed him the facts. You seem to agree yourself that the Keystone XL is not designed with the sole purposes of American prosperity in mind.

The article you cited uses the term "oversupply" for the Midwest, so that alone should tell you it's a temporary phenomena. You can't possibly think that economic forces will allow for the continued oversupply in a local region while the rest of the country/continent/planet goes thirsty. While liberals usually base economic decisions on faulty assumptions, that one will set some kind of record.

Secondly, while would a pipeline carrying Canadian oil be designed "solely" for American prosperity?

U.S. communities and companies will certainly benefit, but this is a continent that is economically integrated to a large degree. It does not make economic or environmental sense for Canadians to pay a billion dollars or more to construct a new refinery and port distribution system while U.S. refineries and ports have excess capacity.

Bottom line is that prices are going to rise in the Midwest no matter what happens, and some of the oil is going to be exported as well. But I thought the holdup on Keystone was really due to environmental concerns?
post #477 of 886
My point is that much of the short-term economic benefit that Republicans claim is nonsense. First, the pipeline wouldn't be done for a few years so current gas prices will remain unaffected. Second, the Midwest will feel those rising gas prices as those refineries are bypassed for the ones farther south.

I was not commenting on the environmental concerns. I was commenting on the right wing nonsense of immediate economic benefits.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #478 of 886
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I know today's gas price doesn't have a whole lot to do with the previous cost of production. It seems to have more on the expectation of future supply (Again, I know next to nothing about how Futures markets operate.)

But it does seem possible - or even probable - to me that an expectation of a secure future supply because of the Keynote project could have some near-immediate economic benefits.
post #479 of 886
Quote:

A viewpoint is one-sided by nature. That's why it's called a viewpoint.

I guess you are one sided than.
post #480 of 886
Frank777 got it. Kudos for him.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.