or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread. - Page 14

post #521 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No. You are not a US taxpayer. Period. No matter what twisted logic you attempt to use to suggest that you are.

That being the case then "our" taxes are not your taxes.

P.S. Your credibility would increase a bit if you were simply honest here and if you stopped saying "we" and "our" when it comes to US taxes and "we" and "our" when it comes to laws, rules and regulations in a country that you are not currently resident. It must be mighty nice to be living in what amounts to a tax, free trade and free market haven...the most economically free area in the world...and pontificate about ways "we" should be reducing economic freedom even further in the US.

The "freest market in the world" has universal socialist health care, cheap subsidized housing, nearly no violent crime, almost no homelessness... all because we don't have fucking retarded ideas about the "evils of socialism".

We are successful, and can cut taxes, BECAUSE we take care of the people who need to be taken care of. We don't spend retarded amounts of money on military expenses. We don't subsidize oil companies and we DO subsidize alternative energy sources including wind and nuclear! Who'da thunk it? We have six forms of public transport that are subsidized by the government.

You could learn a hell of a lot from the way things are done in Hong Kong.

And because I work and pay taxes in Hong Kong, someone in the US works and pays taxes there. So YES, I am making a contribution to the US tax system.
post #522 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The "freest market in the world" has universal socialist health care, cheap subsidized housing, nearly no violent crime, almost no homelessness...

That may be. It doesn't change the fact that economically speaking Hong Kong is MUCH freer than the US.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

We are successful, and can cut taxes, BECAUSE we take care of the people who need to be taken care of.

You've got things reversed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You could learn a hell of a lot from the way things are done in Hong Kong.

I've said this before and will say it again...I would fucking love it if the US made a sudden about face and became much more like HK.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And because I work and pay taxes in Hong Kong, someone in the US works and pays taxes there. So YES, I am making a contribution to the US tax system.

No you are not. Stop trying to claim this. It is a lie. Those other people are US taxpayers, you are not. Those other people are US residents, you are not. Those people have more right to say what should or shouldn't be done in the US than you do.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #523 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No you are not. Stop trying to claim this. It is a lie. Those other people are US taxpayers, you are not. Those other people are US residents, you are not. Those people have more right to say what should or shouldn't be done in the US than you do.

Oh I know! Maybe those other people should have the right to vote too! That's the ticket!

Actually I do have the right to vote in Hong Kong. Nice.

I don't have the right to vote for local and state elections in California, however.
post #524 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh I know! Maybe those other people should have the right to vote too! That's the ticket!

Well sure. They should. I can't comment on the hypocrisy of US laws in regard to all of this shit. If you live and pay taxes in X, you should be able to vote. If you don't, you shouldn't. Seems pretty fair and straight forward.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Actually I do have the right to vote in Hong Kong. Nice.

And rightly so. You live and pay taxes there. You are, for all practical purposes, a Honk Kong-ian (or whatever they call HK residents).

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #525 of 886

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #526 of 886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The "freest market in the world" has universal socialist health care, cheap subsidized housing, nearly no violent crime, almost no homelessness... all because we don't have fucking retarded ideas about the "evils of socialism".

It also has strictly controlled immigration involving a completely sealed border. It has the type of immigration laws that would get it labeled as racist, gestapo and that would make anything attempted by any red state look lightweight in comparison. Authorities in Hong Kong can demand your papers of you anytime and in any place. You always fail to note these points when claiming all this nice balance. There are plenty of Americans who believe we can have a similar balance as well but it cannot be considered when you don't need to show ID to vote and when 25 million people are considered to be illegal immigrants.

Quote:
We are successful, and can cut taxes, BECAUSE we take care of the people who need to be taken care of.

There is the key phrase. If some social justice idiots declared you had to suddenly take care of every peasant in China or you are a greedy asshole, then Hong Kong would be broke in a week.

Quote:
We don't spend retarded amounts of money on military expenses. We don't subsidize oil companies and we DO subsidize alternative energy sources including wind and nuclear! Who'da thunk it? We have six forms of public transport that are subsidized by the government.

Obviously not all aspects of Hong Kong can be replicated. What would the cost of 6 forms of public transportation to enable you to cross the entire United States be in comparison? Hong Kong's military expenses are covered by China.

Quote:
You could learn a hell of a lot from the way things are done in Hong Kong.

You should realize that in any country that acts like Hong Kong, you'd be out there protesting and marching about how racist they happen to be for not giving all sorts of services to anyone who crosses a border or fence. In Hong Kong however, you just ignore such racism because it is so cultural there that you don't think about it.

Quote:
And because I work and pay taxes in Hong Kong, someone in the US works and pays taxes there. So YES, I am making a contribution to the US tax system.

You're at best, an absentee landlord. Come on back home, stick your daughter in a school here and watch her be neglected while others receive multitudes of services for being more needy. Watch her get kicked out of UCLA, UC Berkeley or watch her tuition rates skyrocket, regardless of your actual income, simply because authorities there have decided she can't possibly be disadvantaged due to who she happens to be.

Better still let all this happen, and then let some asshole get in your face talking about how unfair and racist you still are for not making her sacrifice more of her future to their agenda. She needs to get on a bus for two hours a day to satisfy their vision for integration. Let her get off that extended bus ride and start on her community service hours because she is capable and not disadvantaged and she should continue to spend her day being her brother and sister's keeper.

Stop lecturing from abroad. Come home and let it be YOUR daughter who can't go to her neighborhood school. Let it be YOUR daughter who has to go to a second tier school or has half the financial aid offered to her than another kid with a different last name and see if you just accept it lying down.

Because if you don't just lie down and take it, you're a racist. You're greedy. You're uncaring.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #527 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It also has strictly controlled immigration involving a completely sealed border. It has the type of immigration laws that would get it labeled as racist, gestapo and that would make anything attempted by any red state look lightweight in comparison. Authorities in Hong Kong can demand your papers of you anytime and in any place. You always fail to note these points when claiming all this nice balance. There are plenty of Americans who believe we can have a similar balance as well but it cannot be considered when you don't need to show ID to vote and when 25 million people are considered to be illegal immigrants.

Amen to that. Our immigration laws and lack of enforcement are insanely poor. tonton would scream bloody murder if we implemented HK-like controls.

Quote:


There is the key phrase. If some social justice idiots declared you had to suddenly take care of every peasant in China or you are a greedy asshole, then Hong Kong would be broke in a week.

Exactly. The entire culture is different.

Quote:



Obviously not all aspects of Hong Kong can be replicated. What would the cost of 6 forms of public transportation to enable you to cross the entire United States be in comparison? Hong Kong's military expenses are covered by China.

He doesn't care about that. He thinks that if the U.S. would stop "bullying" everyone and "dominating the planet" then we'd have plenty of money. As I pointed out in another thread, we could slash military spending by 50% and not even touch the current annual deficit.

Quote:


You should realize that in any country that acts like Hong Kong, you'd be out there protesting and marching about how racist they happen to be for not giving all sorts of services to anyone who crosses a border or fence. In Hong Kong however, you just ignore such racism because it is so cultural there that you don't think about it.

I'm sure he'd find some way to justify it, too.

Quote:

You're at best, an absentee landlord. Come on back home, stick your daughter in a school here and watch her be neglected while others receive multitudes of services for being more needy. Watch her get kicked out of UCLA, UC Berkeley or watch her tuition rates skyrocket, regardless of your actual income, simply because authorities there have decided she can't possibly be disadvantaged due to who she happens to be.

Better still let all this happen, and then let some asshole get in your face talking about how unfair and racist you still are for not making her sacrifice more of her future to their agenda. She needs to get on a bus for two hours a day to satisfy their vision for integration. Let her get off that extended bus ride and start on her community service hours because she is capable and not disadvantaged and she should continue to spend her day being her brother and sister's keeper.

Stop lecturing from abroad. Come home and let it be YOUR daughter who can't go to her neighborhood school. Let it be YOUR daughter who has to go to a second tier school or has half the financial aid offered to her than another kid with a different last name and see if you just accept it lying down.

Because if you don't just lie down and take it, you're a racist. You're greedy. You're uncaring.


Ding! We have a winner. Our entire system of social welfare and assistance is completely SCREWED. We've become an entitlement society. To pay for it, we've mortgaged ourselves to the hilt and have a huge tax burden...but it's still not enough. So, we demonize the producers and scream that it's their fault.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #528 of 886
Thread Starter 
Debt rose more in Obama three years than in 8 years of Bush.

It is Bush's fault of course unless you're just a racist.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #529 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Debt rose more in Obama three years than in 8 years of Bush.

It is Bush's fault of course unless you're just a racist.

Allow me to detail some of the lefty responses to this point that has been made time and time again:

1. It's really Bush's spending. It was his credit card bill.

2. It's Bush's fault because he "wrecked the economy" and now we're cleaning up his mess.

3. It's the GOP's fault because they are the "party of no."

4. It's Bush's fault because of "his wars."

5. Obama saved the economy.

6. OK, Obama didn't save the economy, but he would have if the stimulus was bigger. Just ask Krugman!

7. Deficits don't matter, especially because they did matter when they were 400% smaller.

8. Spending $900 billion...eh...we mean $2 Trillion on Obamacare will lower the deficit.




Just a few there. This is the kind of schizophrenia we see when a leader has failed in almost every imaginable way, from the economy, to foreign policy, to fiscal policy, to legislative accomplishments, to just doing his job as Head of State. His record is arguably worse than Carter's, making him one of the worst Presidents of the last 100 years if not more. All that's left is to blame his predecessor.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #530 of 886
SDW2001, why do you hate America?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #531 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

SDW2001, why do you hate America?

Just can't help myself I guess. I tried to hide it, but you saw right through me.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #532 of 886
Yes, I saw right [expletive] through you due to my [expletive] superior intellect and [expletive] morality. You should be more [expletive] tolerant of [expletive] [expletive] like me.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #533 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Yes, I saw right [expletive] through you due to my [expletive] superior intellect and [expletive] morality. You should be more [expletive] tolerant of [expletive] [expletive] like me.

[expletive] social contract you [expletive] hating hater.



[expletive]
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #534 of 886
House defeats Obama budget 414-0.

Stupid Republicans. Wait...there are Democrats in the House, too, and not a single one of them voted for Obama's budget? Surely this cannot be.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #535 of 886
I love how the article says that the Democrats "largely voted no", when in fact none of them voted yes.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #536 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I love how the article says that the Democrats "largely voted no", when in fact none of them voted yes.

The title of the article is also quite funny: "GOP-run House...".

As if the GOP also controls the House Democrats.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #537 of 886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I love how the article says that the Democrats "largely voted no", when in fact none of them voted yes.

Another interesting aspect of the article is how it deals with motivations more than reality.

See if we actually put your budget up for a vote and make you consider governing with it, then I guess that is......embarassing???

If the Republicans didn't put the President's budget up for a vote, it would reflect the fact that they are blind partisans who want him to fail.

So they put it up for a vote, and the budget itself is so bad that not a single member of his own party will vote for it. Now it was put up for a vote because Republicans are just blind partisans who want him to fail and also want him to be embarassed by letting his bill be brought up.

It's sort of hilariously sad.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #538 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I love how the article says that the Democrats "largely voted no", when in fact none of them voted yes.

Quote:
Democrats have defended Obama's budget priorities...

But, apparently, not when it counted.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #539 of 886
Simple. Obama's an idiot who is still trying to compromise. His proposal undoubtedly had too many Liberal aspects (trying to make the Liberals happy) to have been supported by any Republicans. It also contained too many Republican aspects (trying to make the Republicans happy) to be supported by any of the Democrats.

He still doesn't get it. We are past compromise. We were past compromise before his term began.
post #540 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The title of the article is also quite funny: "GOP-run House...".

As if the GOP also controls the House Democrats.

This article is so biased it's almost hilarious. "The Republican run house...forced a vote to embarrass Democrats" and "largely voted no."
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #541 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Simple. Obama's an idiot who is still trying to compromise. His proposal undoubtedly had too many Liberal aspects (trying to make the Liberals happy) to have been supported by any Republicans. It also contained too many Republican aspects (trying to make the Republicans happy) to be supported by any of the Democrats.

He still doesn't get it. We are past compromise. We were past compromise before his term began.

Since "we" are "past compromise" (as you claim) what is it that you think Obama should be doing?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #542 of 886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Simple. Obama's an idiot who is still trying to compromise. His proposal undoubtedly had too many Liberal aspects (trying to make the Liberals happy) to have been supported by any Republicans. It also contained too many Republican aspects (trying to make the Republicans happy) to be supported by any of the Democrats.

He still doesn't get it. We are past compromise. We were past compromise before his term began.

A budget that doesn't get a single vote because it is to compromised and not strident or partisan enough?!?

WOW!!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #543 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Simple. Obama's an idiot who is still trying to compromise. His proposal undoubtedly had too many Liberal aspects (trying to make the Liberals happy) to have been supported by any Republicans. It also contained too many Republican aspects (trying to make the Republicans happy) to be supported by any of the Democrats.

He still doesn't get it. We are past compromise. We were past compromise before his term began.

His budget failed for one reason: It's completely insane. That's it, and that's all. It's a waste of paper to even print it. It's like me creating a budget for my family where I make $60,000 a year, and spend $100,000. Then I tell everyone I "cut the deficit" and "I'm approaching this carefully and seriously" because the budget was scheduled to be $120,000 a year. I just cut the deficit by 30%, or so Obama would argue.

You're right...we ARE past compromise. Without dramatic reform to our fiscal policy (and damn soon), we're not going to be arguing about individual mandates or payroll tax cuts or troop withdrawal dates or the definition of Santorum. We'll be talking about the country that used to be the United States. We'll be talking about the destruction of the American dream and demise our entire consumer economy. We'll be Greece. So yeah, I agree. No compromise.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #544 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

His budget failed for one reason: It's completely insane. That's it, and that's all. It's a waste of paper to even print it. It's like me creating a budget for my family where I make $60,000 a year, and spend $100,000. Then I tell everyone I "cut the deficit" and "I'm approaching this carefully and seriously" because the budget was scheduled to be $120,000 a year. I just cut the deficit by 30%, or so Obama would argue.

You're right...we ARE past compromise. Without dramatic reform to our fiscal policy (and damn soon), we're not going to be arguing about individual mandates or payroll tax cuts or troop withdrawal dates or the definition of Santorum. We'll be talking about the country that used to be the United States. We'll be talking about the destruction of the American dream and demise our entire consumer economy. We'll be Greece. So yeah, I agree. No compromise.

We are past compromise and from the begining of Obama's term in office because it was republicans ( after 8 long years ) that handed over this mess in the begining. Quit pretending that if it had been a republican that everything would be all rosy right now. No one could have solved this in this amount of time but they could have made this into a Real depression with the wrong party in control. You know, the ones that let this happen.

However the GOP continues to shoot itself in the foot daily. Baring some big scandal Obama will get his second term. With these other jokers Mr. Moon base, Mr Religious nutcase, and Mr. Gameshow host things could be very bad to just plain scary.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #545 of 886
^^^ This regurgitation of establishment Democrat talking points, catch phrases, and buzzwords with no real substance or meaning has been brought to you by jimmac™.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #546 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

^^^ This regurgitation of establishment Democrat talking points, catch phrases, and buzzwords with no real substance or meaning has been brought to you by jimmac™.

The substance was pointing out the GOP doesn't have much of a chance of winning. The other stuff many conservatives have heard before and didn't want to hear it.

Say what you want now but what will you be saying in November will be nothing I'll bet.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #547 of 886
And what you don't understand is that I believe it makes no meaningful difference who wins in November if it's not Ron Paul or a third party candidate.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #548 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

And what you don't understand is that I believe it makes no meaningful difference who wins in November if it's not Ron Paul or a third party candidate.

And what you don't understand is that I wasn't just talking to you.


Oh yeah too bad ( as predicted ) about Mr. Paul.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #549 of 886
Dr. Paul.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #550 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Dr. Paul.

Whatever. He never stood a chance because his platform didn't make sense to the voters. And please don't play dumb and ask me how. We've been over this.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #551 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Whatever. He never stood a chance because his platform didn't make sense to the voters.

Of course not...we have a population largely educated in government schools.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #552 of 886
Obama wants to end oil subsidies AND impose sanctions on Iran when we're already facing $5-per-gallon gas?

How's he going to peg this one on Bush and the "obstructionist" Republicans?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #553 of 886
Well, I'm glad to know we should just let big oil continue to rape our tax dollars and that we should just leave Iran alone.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #554 of 886
Actually a more accurate analogy would be that the government is pimping out our tax dollars.

And yes, we should just leave Iran alone. End foreign aid, too, while we're at it.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #555 of 886
So. Let's end oil subsidies AND let's leave Iran well enough alone.

I can agree to that. Absolutely.

But here's the rub. I'm a liberal. And anything a liberal says must be destroyed at all costs even if it makes sense or was previously a position held by a Republican.

That's just the way it is today.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #556 of 886
You just agreed with a libertarian.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #557 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You just agreed with a libertarian.

Pssst. We're all not actually that far apart.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #558 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Pssst. We're all not actually that far apart.

Then quit acting like we are.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #559 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Of course not...we have a population largely educated in government schools.

Like I've said ( but MJ chose to omit ) we've been over this before.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #560 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Pssst. We're all not actually that far apart.

He doesn't get that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.