or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.

Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread. - Page 16

post #601 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Let me see if I have this right...

A few years ago when Bush was in office and gas prices are where they are now (after 8 years), everyone on the left was screaming about the Bush oil industry favoritism and sticking bumper stickers on their cars saying "Gas was only $1.80 per gallon when Bush took office." But now that gas prices might not hit $5 a gallon but are at that same level (after only 3 years), things are just fine and no one is buying bumper stickers that say "Gas was only $1.80 per gallon when Obama took office" (which is about what it was).

These prices are influenced mainly by world events and speculators. You know that.

So what ( if anything ) are you trying to say?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #602 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

These prices are influenced mainly by world events and speculators. You know that.

A few years ago it was Bush's fault, his oil industry cronyism and oil company profiteering and greed.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #603 of 886
Quote:

A few years ago it was Bush's fault, his oil industry cronyism and oil company profiteering and greed.

You cannot blame Bush on everything that happened.The oil industry is greedy and corrupt also.
post #604 of 886
Quote:

Quote:

Always the greedy oil companies and "speculators". Never the disastrous monitory policy, uncontrolled spending and stagflation inducing politics.
post #605 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Always the greedy oil companies and "speculators". Never the disastrous monitory policy, uncontrolled spending and stagflation inducing politics.

Yeah sure those things caused the price of crude oil to go up!
post #606 of 886
SDW, I can't believe that you really honestly believe that Romney is such a slam dunk in November. I bet no real political prognosticators believe that. It's just too hard to defeat an incumbent. As posted earlier, Intrade has Obama reelect at 60%, and that's a pretty good index of conventional wisdom.
post #607 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

SDW, I can't believe that you really honestly believe that Romney is such a slam dunk in November. I bet no real political prognosticators believe that. It's just too hard to defeat an incumbent. As posted earlier, Intrade has Obama reelect at 60%, and that's a pretty good index of conventional wisdom.

I have tried to explain the fact that the voters just don't look at things the same way he does. Oh well maybe he'll get it as we get closer to the election.
post #608 of 886
Quote:

Do you understand the difference between " Who " and Why "? It doesn't sound like it.

Listen this is the same kind of stupid shit you were shoveling my way not long ago so if it doesn't taste good being on the other end don't blame me.

I see it now. It's called a typo. I've never called you out on obvious typos, so you're wrong again.

Quote:

Look you can provide all the statistics in the world but you must know how easy it is to lie with statistics. You can mke things seem like an open and shut case but in the end it doesn't turn out that way.

I'm not saying it's an open and shut case. I'm saying the data shows it's very unlikely Obama will be reelected. When I say "unlikely," mean statistically improbable. Welcome to the world of math, and history.

Quote:

I know what you meant.

And I'm claiming the only ones who like Romney are Republicans. You have to win over the other side before he can win.

That's not accurate. Romney has significant support of moderates as well. Secondly...doesn't Obama have to win over "the other side" as well? Or can he just win with his unenthusiastic base?

Quote:

Is real. Just ask some nonrepublican women.

Right, you mean real women. Like ones that work and vote Democratic and live in urban areas. This is the belief of the Democratic party. "Real women" aren't stay at home moms. They don't live in Kansas. They aren't pro-life, either. Right, jimmac?

Quote:

Yes Republicans aren't the only ones who shoot their mouths off. I didn't make this up : http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...v6S_story.html

I'm aware of the polling. While that's an interesting article, I'm not sure I understand what it has to do with "shooting one's mouth off." In any case, aren't you using...statistics?

Yes, jimmac. Be that cynical. Do it! As if I'd want high gas prices for political reasons? As if it doesn't affect my family? I paid freaking $70 to fill my Hyundai Sonata yesterday.

Quote:
Anyway we'll see who's prediction is right. What usually happens with a situation like this is people drive less driving down the demand which drives down the price.

I didn't predict anything. Gas prices may come down, they may stay the same, they may rise even further. What I do know is that if price levels are near these levels in November, it's a major problem for the President.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #609 of 886
Quote:

A lot can happen before the 2012 election with Obama . The economy can take a dive and the unemployment can be quite high again.Don't be to sure of yourself.
post #610 of 886
Quote:

I never said he was a slam dunk. I'm just saying look at the historical data. It clearly shows Obama is unlikely to be reelected unless some significant changes happen. One of those could be Romney running a lousing campaign, or a major war, or a significant economic improvement. But as it stands, Obama is unlikely to be reelected based on past elections.
post #611 of 886

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #612 of 886
post #613 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I never said he was a slam dunk. I'm just saying look at the historical data. It clearly shows Obama is unlikely to be reelected unless some significant changes happen. One of those could be Romney running a lousing campaign, or a major war, or a significant economic improvement. But as it stands, Obama is unlikely to be reelected based on past elections.

In your mind you mean.
post #614 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I see it now. It's called a typo. I've never called you out on obvious typos, so you're wrong again.

I'm not saying it's an open and shut case. I'm saying the data shows it's very unlikely Obama will be reelected. When I say "unlikely," mean statistically improbable. Welcome to the world of math, and history.

That's not accurate. Romney has significant support of moderates as well. Secondly...doesn't Obama have to win over "the other side" as well? Or can he just win with his unenthusiastic base?

Right, you mean real women. Like ones that work and vote Democratic and live in urban areas. This is the belief of the Democratic party. "Real women" aren't stay at home moms. They don't live in Kansas. They aren't pro-life, either. Right, jimmac?

I'm aware of the polling. While that's an interesting article, I'm not sure I understand what it has to do with "shooting one's mouth off." In any case, aren't you using...statistics?

Yes, jimmac. Be that cynical. Do it! As if I'd want high gas prices for political reasons? As if it doesn't affect my family? I paid freaking $70 to fill my Hyundai Sonata yesterday.

I didn't predict anything. Gas prices may come down, they may stay the same, they may rise even further. What I do know is that if price levels are near these levels in November, it's a major problem for the President.

Quote:

Oh SDW :

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-barack-obama

Quote:
Obama easily beating Romney among U.S. women: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Quote:
they may rise even further.

You hope it sounds like.

Good luck in the future with your arguments. Like November.

Quote:
It's called a typo.

You mean major typo. It's right at the beginning ( how could you miss it? ) and changes the entire sentence. As I said built in spell check won't help you there.

By the way just shoveling the same shit you were not long ago.
post #615 of 886

I think with Soros power behind Obama he will be re elected to another 4 years as president.This man cannot be stopped look at the loser he is running against Romney. Give me a break.Obama is no prize package but Romney no way.

post #616 of 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh SDW :

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-barack-obama
You hope it sounds like.

Good luck in the future with your arguments. Like November.
You mean major typo. It's right at the beginning ( how could you miss it? ) and changes the entire sentence. As I said built in spell check won't help you there.

By the way just shoveling the same shit you were not long ago.

You telling me what "I sound like" is purely subjective.  You have no idea what I hope.  

As for a typo...lol.gif.   I posted "who" instead of "why."  Yes, those one letter typos are really the same as your complete inability to use the English language.  lol.gif

post #617 of 886

Like I've said SDW you'd think you could at least proof read the beginning of what you wrote! Typo or no typo it's pretty blatant ( and something spell check won't help you with ).

And about what you " Hope " I think I have a pretty good idea after talking to you for over 10 years.lol.gif

post #618 of 886

Also SDW there's this :

Quote:
Gas prices actually start falling around the US       

Quote:

The worst is over, for now. Gasoline prices are starting to fall.

After a four-month surge pushed gasoline to nearly $4 per gallon in early April, drivers, politicians and economists worried that gasoline prices might soar past all-time highs, denting wallets, angering voters and dragging down an economy that is struggling to grow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47122307/

Also I already don't like the new format ( unless of course it's not finished ).

post #619 of 886
A few editorials that note some very important facts....

RCP.com
Quote:
At roughly 2.5 percent growth, the Obama recovery is way below the 4.5 percent average since World War II. And within Obama's 2.5 percent economy, polling data show high voter anxiety over gas prices, home values and the ability to pay mortgages. Voters even worry that they won't be able to afford to send their kids to college.

The unemployment rate may have come down to 8.3 percent. But the problem for several years is that discouraged workers have been dropping out of the labor force. So real-world unemployment is considerably higher than the official stats.

And if all this weren't bad enough for the president, recent economic numbers are going in the wrong direction: Initial jobless claims have increased about 6 percent. Existing homes sales and housing starts have fallen the last two months. Manufacturing, which has been a very positive story (assisted by rock-bottom natural-gas prices from the shale revolution), actually fell last month. And while retail sales continue to be a bright spot, incomes after inflation – including high gas and food prices -- may not be keeping up.

Perhaps the most optimistic statistic is the Index of Leading Economic Indicators. This measure has increased six straight months and stands at its highest level in four years, a good sign that the 2.5 percent trendline growth rate will continue without a double dip. But it's still only 2.5 percent growth.........

........Obama owns the economic angst. His big-government policies have not solved it. All his finger pointing and blame-game, enemies-list excuses are not working. That's really what the polls are telling us. And unless something very big and very positive happens to the economy in the next few months, Obama is in a heap of trouble.

This economy is the Obama economy. You can't be president four years and still run against the last guy.

Investors.com
Quote:
These Democrats are no doubt familiar with polls that show surprisingly little support for ObamaCare within their ranks. Fewer than half of Democrats think the government should be able to force individuals to buy insurance — the core element of ObamaCare — according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll. Only a little more than a third say the Supreme Court should "uphold the entire law."

The fact that they're willing to trash-talk Obama's single biggest legislative achievement suggests they're worried about something more than how the Supreme Court will rule.

This fear is even more evident when you look at the growing opposition among Democrats to Obama's position on the Keystone XL pipeline.

Obama may have thought he'd cleverly handled the issue by putting it off until next year, and that no one would think to defy his veto threats.

But when Republicans called his bluff with a bill to force a start on construction, 69 Democrats rushed to join them, giving the House bill a veto-proof majority. The Senate bill is just a vote or two away from overcoming a Democratic filibuster.

The importance of this fight is huge. If Democrats defy him, it will severely undermine Obama's claim that he's pursuing an all-of-the-above energy strategy.

The only thing bipartisan in Washington, opposition to Obama.

Washington Times
Quote:
April remains a cruel month. New jobless claims are the highest they’ve been since late January, with the four-week average stubbornly hovering around the 375,000 mark. Though we’re technically in a recovery, nobody believes it. A Rasmussen Reports survey earlier this week shows a majority is under the impression America is still in recession. That’s for good reason.

To dig America out of the hole created by the financial sector’s collapse, we need an explosion of industry. Instead, we’re seeing a fizzle. The Philadelphia Reserve Bank found manufacturing output growth slowed slightly in the mid-Atlantic region, with its index of general business activity for the factory sector falling from 12.5 in March to 8.5 in April. The lackluster performance dampens the rest of the economy. People who don’t feel secure about their economic future aren’t investing in homes, so housing inventory remains substantial, with 2.4 million houses listed for sale by the end of February. In a healthy market, an average of 6 million homes changes hands in the course of a year; today, that number is closer to 4.5 million. With a significant chunk of the market still in the process of foreclosure, housing won’t recover anytime soon.

Company managers are also skittish. Employers added a net of 120,000 new employees in March. That’s barely half the number of jobs created in each of the last three months. April’s numbers aren’t expected to be much better, with predictions in the 125,000 to 175,000 range. That will leave the official unemployment rate at 8.2 percent.

That figure understates the true depth of the joblessness problem. The unemployment rate only measures the number of people actively looking for a job. It doesn’t count those who have left the labor force, discouraged in their unsuccessful efforts to seek work. The labor-force participation rate of 63.8 percent represents an all-time low. Even a year ago, the labor-force participation rate was higher at 64.2 percent. The drop in this rate understates the true level of unemployment...........

..........As we drag through the second year of this “barely there” recovery, there’s little room for optimism. The Federal Reserve meets again soon and might unleash another round of quantitative easing. With interest rates already near zero, nothing is left in that bag of tricks. The true solution lies beyond the reach of monetary policy. Our oversized, debt-laden government is unleashing new regulations and creating marketplace uncertainty. This tells entrepreneurs they should hold back from the kinds of investment that would trigger growth and job creation. Real deregulation, not monetary or fiscal stimulus, is what’s going to free up America’s economic engine so we can finally see an actual recovery.

Things get to a level of less than hitting rock bottom and Obama wants credit. No one is just going to lay there and die. Most won't just give up and do nothing. (Although it is clear larger numbers are doing just that or becoming dependent.) The government is hurting, not helping the recovery and they are spending trillions to do so.

post #620 of 886

Quote:

Like I've said SDW you'd think you could at least proof read the beginning of what you wrote! Typo or no typo it's pretty blatant ( and something spell check won't help you with ).

And about what you " Hope " I think I have a pretty good idea after talking to you for over 10 years.lol.gif

A one letter typo is "blatant?"  Do you even know what that word means?  As for what I hope and believe, you are free to speculate.  But that's all it is.  

Quote:

Also SDW there's this :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47122307/

Also I already don't like the new format ( unless of course it's not finished ).

I've noticed gas coming down a bit too, which is good.  I don't like the new format either.  

post #621 of 886
Just ignore him SDW. Your one typo is pretty much all he can say in this thread to defend Obama's record.

post #622 of 886

I am really sick of you right wing fanatics who just spew crap out of your mouth with nothing substantial to back it up with. The GOP Party never even proposed a back up plan for the economy without cutting and cutting more programs in which the middle class and poor need to survive.I guess you must love Ryan's plan where he screws more ordinary folk out of more money and health care!.

post #623 of 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I am really sick of you right wing fanatics who just spew crap out of your mouth with nothing substantial to back it up with. The GOP Party never even proposed a back up plan for the economy without cutting and cutting more programs in which the middle class and poor need to survive.I guess you must love Ryan's plan where he screws more ordinary folk out of more money and health care!.

Not that you ever make any sense marv but this is even more nonsensical than usual. The government is far too large and does far too much. Recessions occur due to imbalances in the economy. The government is helping cause those imbalances by rigging markets and preventing the imbalances from becoming fixed because they are rigging the markets. It prolongs the pain and makes it worse. There is no way to avoid the pain of a recession.

post #624 of 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Not that you ever make any sense marv but this is even more nonsensical than usual. The government is far too large and does far too much. Recessions occur due to imbalances in the economy. The government is helping cause those imbalances by rigging markets and preventing the imbalances from becoming fixed because they are rigging the markets. It prolongs the pain and makes it worse. There is no way to avoid the pain of a recession.

Bingo! And it keeps getting worse because when the government (including The Fed) intervention causes all manner of problems, these problems are used as the reason for more government (and Fed) intervention...and so on and so on and so on.

post #625 of 886

Quote:

As trump said, you're really making no sense.  What is a "back up plan for the economy?"  Really, I don't even know what that means.  AS for programs, which ones are being proposed that will effect the poor and middle class?  And don't you think it's a problem that we have people dependent on government to "survive?" 

Once again, "GOP Party" is redundant.  "GOP" stands for Grand Ol' Party.  So you're writing Grand Ol' Party Party.  :) 

post #626 of 886

Quote:

A one letter typo is "blatant?" Do you even know what that word means? As for what I hope and believe, you are free to speculate. But that's all it is. 

I wouldn't be questioning things like " Understanding " when you start a sentence with the wrong word!lol.gif

You didn't proof read. You were depending on spell check to fix things for you.

As to trumpy's claim that's all I have to say about Obama's record. Well every one of the right's complains about him is steadily melting away like ice cream on a sunny day.

About the format it's odd that the only emoticons that seem to work are smile and laugh faces.

Edited by jimmac - 4/24/12 at 5:39pm
post #627 of 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:

As trump said, you're really making no sense.  What is a "back up plan for the economy?"  Really, I don't even know what that means.  AS for programs, which ones are being proposed that will effect the poor and middle class?  And don't you think it's a problem that we have people dependent on government to "survive?" 

Once again, "GOP Party" is redundant.  "GOP" stands for Grand Ol' Party.  So you're writing Grand Ol' Party Party.  :) 

Well it used to stand for the " Grand Ol' Party " but now it's become " The Greedy Ol' Party ".

post #628 of 886

You are 100% right.

post #629 of 886

Quote:

I wouldn't be questioning things like " Understanding " when you start a sentence with the wrong word!lol.gif

Keep it up, jimmac.  Really.  This way everyone can see what a clown you are. 

Quote:

As to trumpy's claim that's all I have to say about Obama's record. Well everyone of the right's complains about him is steadily melting away like ice cream on a sunny day.

Did you proof read THAT? lol.gif  It's like reading an instruction manual printed in China.  

post #630 of 886

Quote:

Quote:

Keep it up, jimmac.  Really.  This way everyone can see what a clown you are. 

Quote:

As to trumpy's claim that's all I have to say about Obama's record. Well everyone of the right's complains about him is steadily melting away like ice cream on a sunny day.

Did you proof read THAT? lol.gif  It's like reading an instruction manual printed in China.  

Well I corrected that space for you which is more than you did. And do you always have to call people names when you don't have a real argument? Honestly no one but the republicans likes your boy so I guess I'd be worried too. And he's going to cancel all of these programs that help people and give the money to the military? Brilliant. Yeah he'll get some support that way.lol.gif

post #631 of 886

Quote:

Well I corrected that space for you which is more than you did. And do you always have to call people names when you don't have a real argument? Honestly no one but the republicans likes your boy so I guess I'd be worried too. And he's going to cancel all of these programs that help people and give the money to the military? Brilliant. Yeah he'll get some support that way.lol.gif

I corrected my one letter typo as well.  Your sentence was utterly incomprehensible.  

As for Romney, your statement that "only Republicans like him" is still unsupported.  And what about Obama...does he need moderates adn Republicans, or is that only Romney must reach out?  

What programs that "help people" is he going to "cancel?"  What programs that "give money to the military" is he going to "cancel?"  Be specific.  

post #632 of 886

Quote:

Quote:

I corrected my one letter typo as well.  Your sentence was utterly incomprehensible.  

As for Romney, your statement that "only Republicans like him" is still unsupported.  And what about Obama...does he need moderates adn Republicans, or is that only Romney must reach out?  

What programs that "help people" is he going to "cancel?"  What programs that "give money to the military" is he going to "cancel?"  Be specific.  

Quote:

Unsupported

Translation you're ignoring the evidence I've already submitted and linked to. Let's see now he's alienated women and since he's playing around with student loans he'll do the same for young people.

I know you won't listen. You'll just rationalize :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/mitt-romney-budget-promises_n_1445368.html

So they'll be kicking people out of old folks homes while he'll raise the military budget at the same time. Brilliant!lol.gif

Quote:

"There's good reason why Ryan's budget and the Romney budget don't have details," said Jim Horney, a budget analyst with the liberal-leaning Center on Budget and Policy priorities think tank. "If people knew what it would actually have to be done to accomplish what they're saying should be done, it's hard to imagine there would be widespread support for it."

___

Online:

Romney's spending outline: http://www.mittromney.com/issues/spending

I feel the real reason Romney is vague is because he's afraid of criticism. He'll have to come clean at some point.

post #633 of 886

Quote:

Translation you're ignoring the evidence I've already submitted and linked to. Let's see now he's alienated women and since he's playing around with student loans he'll do the same for young people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/mitt-romney-budget-promises_n_1445368.html

So they'll be kicking people out of old folks homes while he'll raise the military budget at the same time. Brilliant!lol.gif

I feel the real reason Romney is vague is because he's afraid of criticism. He'll have to come clean at some point.

1.  You didn't submit evidence at all.  

2.  Romney hasn't "alienated women."  In fact, the gender gap is lower than it has been amongst other GOP candidates.  That's right, jimmac...that's what you don't hear or read.  Romney is doing just fine amongst women when we look at historical precedent.  

3.  You posted a link that even contains the disclaimer "liberal leaning."  You're kidding me, right?  It's the same crap you guys have been pushing for 50 years.  Republicans hate the poor, hate women, hate the elderly, want you die quickly, etc.  And only Mr. Government can save you.  It's amazing it still works.  

post #634 of 886

So apparently Republicans think Obama is just too cool of a president.

In one scene, they show Obama drinking a beer, and it made me we wonder if anyone is going to ask whether they'd want to have a beer with (the non-drinking) Romney? 

post #635 of 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

So apparently Republicans think Obama is just too cool of a president.

In one scene, they show Obama drinking a beer, and it made me we wonder if anyone is going to ask whether they'd want to have a beer with (the non-drinking) Romney? 

The Square Can Win.  

post #636 of 886

Quote:

Quote:

1.  You didn't submit evidence at all.  

2.  Romney hasn't "alienated women."  In fact, the gender gap is lower than it has been amongst other GOP candidates.  That's right, jimmac...that's what you don't hear or read.  Romney is doing just fine amongst women when we look at historical precedent.  

3.  You posted a link that even contains the disclaimer "liberal leaning."  You're kidding me, right?  It's the same crap you guys have been pushing for 50 years.  Republicans hate the poor, hate women, hate the elderly, want you die quickly, etc.  And only Mr. Government can save you.  It's amazing it still works.  

when we look at historical precedent. 

Spin, spin, spin.

He asks for proof I give it and he ignores it.

Classic SDW ignoring the facts, the news, reality. Don't you just love it when you're Obama and democratic you're responsible for everything that happens during you term in office ( and before apparently ) but when you're dubbya a republican you're responsible for nothing and it's always the other guy's fault.

And speaking of 50 years after so many republican presidents how is it that things are still so crappy? That's a total 30 out of the last 50 years.

post #637 of 886

Oh! SDW! Here's a little something to spice up your day :

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/26/11409166-first-thoughts-obama-maintains-map-edge?lite

Quote:

First Thoughts: Obama maintains map edge

Quote:

There are 231 electoral votes in the Democratic column (either in the solid, likely, or lean categories), and there are 197 on the Republican side; 110 electoral votes are toss-up.

Enjoy!lol.gif

post #638 of 886

There are 231 electoral votes in the Democratic column (either in the solid, likely, or lean categories), and there are 197 on the Republican side; 110 electoral votes are toss-up.

So you're saying that as many as 307 could be convinced to vote against the president, possibly as many as 67 more (the "lean Democrat" but not "likely" or "solid" Democrat) for a total of 374 electoral votes could be convinced to vote against the president?

post #639 of 886

Obama will defeat Romney in the 2012 election. He is a shoe in for victory.

post #640 of 886

"Most people in business and most people who are successful are Republican that's just a fact of life."

That's a direct quote from former Obama Chief of Staff Richard Daley.

Edited by Frank777 - 4/27/12 at 1:20pm
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dead Man Walking: The President Obama won't be reelected thread.