or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Speech To Joint Session Of Congress Thread

Obama's Speech To Joint Session Of Congress Thread - Page 2

post #41 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

So we Disagree. Show me how my interpretation is wrong and yours is right based on the article he posted.

Dude, do you not remember the the last two years? Republicans held unemployment checks hostage to continue the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans held the whole nation's economy hostage to oppose a single tax hike to the wealthy during the Republican-manufactured debt ceiling pseudocrisis.

And now here is a tax cut expiring and suddenly it's fair game to talk about just how it will affect the economy? This after we've been TRYING to get it through to the Republicans that these falsely labeled "job creator" wealthy folks are NOT putting the money saved from their tax cuts back into the economy at anywhere close to the same rate that the poor and middle classes do. This after a DECADE of trying to explain that the tax cuts to the wealthy are not efficient whatsoever in helping the economy--only to have Republicans shout "class warfare" and other nonsense as they desperately aim to preserve tax cuts for the richest 1%.

AND NOW THEY FUCKING HAVE THE HUBRIS TO OPPOSE CONTINUING A TAX CUT THAT AFFECTS THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS?

Fuck that. And fuck your standing up for their hypocrisy.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Dude, do you not remember the the last two years? Republicans held unemployment checks hostage to continue the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. Republicans held the whole nation's economy hostage to oppose a single tax hike to the wealthy during the Republican-manufactured debt ceiling pseudocrisis.

And now here is a tax cut expiring and suddenly it's fair game to talk about just how it will affect the economy? This after we've been TRYING to get it through to the Republicans that these falsely labeled "job creator" wealthy folks are NOT putting the money saved from their tax cuts back into the economy at anywhere close to the same rate that the poor and middle classes do. This after a DECADE of trying to explain that the tax cuts to the wealthy are not efficient whatsoever in helping the economy--only to have Republicans shout "class warfare" and other nonsense as they desperately aim to preserve tax cuts for the richest 1%.

AND NOW THEY FUCKING HAVE THE HUBRIS TO OPPOSE CONTINUING A TAX CUT THAT AFFECTS THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS?

Don't burst a blood vessel man. I am not standing up for anyone, I am giving my interpretation of what they said. Look at my posts again, take a deep breath and stop cursing at me.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #43 of 68
Quote:

Don't burst a blood vessel man. I am not standing up for anyone, I am giving my interpretation of what they said. Look at my posts again, take a deep breath and stop cursing at me.

When faced with clear hypocrisy, you equivocate. Your tacit approval is deafening.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #44 of 68
Quote:

When faced with clear hypocrisy, you equivocate. Your tacit approval is deafening.

You see what you want to see, as usual. Whatever man.

Maybe I should spit at my computer, throw curse words around and talk about how they should not be allowed to raise children if they don't do what I think they should do the way I think they should do it. Maybe that would get some kind of respect from you for my position.

Your judgmental attitude is getting to be expected. No matter what anyone posts.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #45 of 68
Quote:

You see what you want to see, as usual. Whatever man.

Well, don't equivocate then. You really don't see a pattern of Republicans saying even letting a tax cut sunset is COMMUNISM but suddenly their tune changes when it comes to a tax cut that will affect 99% of Americans?

This is a test of your intellectual honesty. Do you or do you not see some raging hypocrisy here?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #46 of 68
Quote:

Well, don't equivocate then. You really don't see a pattern of Republicans saying even letting a tax cut sunset is COMMUNISM but suddenly their tune changes when it comes to a tax cut that will affect 99% of Americans?

This is a test of your intellectual honesty. Do you or do you not see some raging hypocrisy here?

It smells like it to be sure. Is this where I rage and curse at everyone now?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #47 of 68
Quote:

It smells like it to be sure. Is this where I rage and curse at everyone now?

Yes, stand up. Speak out. Get angry. When you sit quietly by and let this disgusting hypocrisy go uncontested, you are part of the problem. It's the same issue I have with allegedly moderate Christians. They sit idly by as batshit crazy lunatic Christians repress science and human rights while not screaming from the rooftops against those who would bomb abortion clinics, kill doctors, or even post doctors' personal information online inviting attacks. Moderate Catholics still sit in their pews or leave themselves on the church rolls while that scumbag pope hides child molesters and sentences thousands of Africans to death by AIDS. Don't get me started on Mormons.

Meanwhile, those same moderate Christians are the ones wondering why moderate Muslims don't speak out more against Islamic-motavited terrorism.

So yes, FUCKING SHOUT! FUCKING CUSS! BE PISSED! Let your friends and family know how upset it makes you. Don't sit there with your tacit approval. When you do, you're part of the fucking problem.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #48 of 68
Quote:

Your language should not be used here especially women read these posts also.
post #49 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What's your critique of no payroll tax cut for the poor?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #50 of 68
A quite humorous moment early watching Obama's speech...

Anyway, the best line was-

"President Barack Obama came out swinging in a tough speech defending his plans to increase taxes on the rich as part of his plan to cut the US deficit, saying: "This is not class warfare – it's math."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-plan-tax-hike

@ NoahJ

I had read that link. I know Romney argues it's not as effective to give the payroll tax cut to the employees as it is to give to the employers to create jobs. So that leaves us with no tax cuts at this time skipping a drop in payroll taxes for a huge number of people who've seen them go up over the years whilst the wealthy have had massive gains in income and have seen theirs go down. Those who are effected by payroll taxes the most have seen their wages stagnate and fall whilst their payroll taxes have increased. The productivity per hour of an American worker has also skyrocketed. I believe it's somewhere around the $240 an hour mark now. Those gains have gone to the wealthy, the typical American has seen stagnation.

Don't you think some re-balancing of wealth distribution can be a good thing given all off this?

post #51 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I like a woman who enjoys saying cunt.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #52 of 68
I know! Let's create an environment in which the wealthy don't want to invest or spend their money, then tax them even more because they're not spending enough.

Oh wait...

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #53 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I know! Let's create an environment in which the wealthy don't want to invest or spend their money, then tax them even more because they're not spending enough.

Oh wait...

If you had choose: tax increases for the top 0.3% or a 50% tax cut for employees in payroll tax?

post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

If you had choose: tax increases for the top 0.3% or a 50% tax cut for employees in payroll tax?

Neither option treats or fixes the underlying problem.

post #55 of 68
Quote:

Neither option treats or fixes the underlying problem.

I asked which you'd prefer.

Don't worry I know you don't think it matters to give an answer.

post #56 of 68
Quote:

You're asking the wrong person. This is the anarchist you are speaking to.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #57 of 68
Quote:

I asked which you'd prefer.

Don't worry I know you don't think it matters to give an answer.

I always favor tax cuts over tax increases.

However, tax cuts must be accompanied by government spending cuts in order to be effective.

post #58 of 68
Quote:

I always favor tax cuts over tax increases.

However, tax cuts must be accompanied by government spending cuts in order to be effective.

You really don't care do you.

Dream on...

post #59 of 68
Quote:

You really don't care do you.

Dream on...

I really don't care about what?

post #60 of 68
Quote:

About all the things Jesus tells you to do.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #61 of 68
Quote:

Anything other than your ideology.

For Christ sake wake up.

The rich are hording shit whilst the rest prop them up through hard work. When are you going to break out of your bubble and realoze that this shit is wrong?

post #62 of 68
I'm sorry you see it that way, Hands.

post #63 of 68
Quote:

I'm sorry you see it that way, Hands.

I posted a link in the wtf2 thread to a study that said that if the US hD the same levels of onrquality as Canada that o er 800,000 premature deaths would be PREVENTED ayear. im sorry too!!!!

Sorry typing on iphone.

post #64 of 68
Quote:

I posted a link in the wtf2 thread to a study that said that if the US hD the same levels of onrquality as Canada that o er 800,000 premature deaths would be PREVENTED. im sorry too!!!!

Sorry typing on iphone.

Dude, that's over 260 preventable 9/11s.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #65 of 68
Quote:

I posted a link in the wtf2 thread to a study that said that if the US hD the same levels of onrquality as Canada that o er 800,000 premature deaths would be PREVENTED ayear. im sorry too!!!!

Sorry typing on iphone.

I think (well...I hope) we want the same thing, Hands: a better world for us and our posterity.

I just disagree with you that it can be brought about by force.

post #66 of 68
Quote:

Dude, that's over 260 preventable 9/11s.

"A study of 60 million people has found that if the US had the same level of equality that Canada has, it would prevent 883,914 premature deaths in the US a year- http://www.bmj.com/content/339/bmj.b4471.full.pdf Maybe taxes aren't such a bad idea?"
~ wtf2

So mpre than 260 years of 911's and that doesn't even include those dying of cancer. Sick twisted cunts.

post #67 of 68

post #68 of 68
Quote:

Yes they are!-

"Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on Sunday that House Republicans would oppose President Barack Obama's payroll tax cuts for both employers and employees, arguing that the policy had already failed to provide a sufficient boost to the economy. "It hasn't worked," Ryan said, suggesting the current temporary tax cut should be allowed to expire, which will amount to a 50 percent tax hike on workers making less than $106,000 per year.

He also said that he opposes the president's plan to require millionaires to pay the same tax rate as the middle class. "Class warfare might make for good politics, but it makes for rotten economics," he said."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_968408.html

You really believe that's what it is, don't you?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Speech To Joint Session Of Congress Thread