or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Mac well not shut down

Mac well not shut down

post #1 of 5
My mac well not shut down or restart when i select either one in the special menu. Does anybody know how to fix this??? :cheers:
"I don't think I'm ever going to find Jesus Christ, So I'd rather spend my cash on vice."
--The Twelve Steps by Spiritualized
"I don't think I'm ever going to find Jesus Christ, So I'd rather spend my cash on vice."
post #2 of 5
What model and OS are you using? In the past I've had OS9 hang during shutdown because of an application that wouldn't quit but I just hit power button.
post #3 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:
<strong>What model and OS are you using? In the past I've had OS9 hang during shutdown because of an application that wouldn't quit but I just hit power button. </strong><hr></blockquote>

the model is G4 and the os is 9.2.2.
post #4 of 5
What happens when you try to shut down?

Do the computer crash?

If so you probably have a bad preference file.

Does it still happen when extensions are off?

TD might be right about an application failing to quit, but I think you get a specific error message when that happens.

You can use an application called PeekABoo to see what applications are running...
--
AllInOne
--
AllInOne
post #5 of 5
Force a restart and see if that doesn't clear it up. If you're in Mac OS X, did you try to install a Mac OS 9 app in classic? If so and you tried a restart in classic, you may have trouble shutting down OS X. But if you force a restart you should be fine.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Mac well not shut down