or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › September 11, 2001

September 11, 2001

post #1 of 4
On the morning of 9/11 I was in my San Francisco budget apartment getting ready to go to work (about 1 year into my first job out of college) and was woken up by a phone call from my brother in Australia at about 5 or 6 am. I remember the sun was already out. I recall my brother saying, "Do you know what's going on? I think mum and dad have been trying to reach you". I was like, huh?

I turned on the old skool TV in my apartment and saw one of the towers burning, one had collapsed already IIRC. Then I saw the second tower collapse.

Being in my early 20s it was both terrifying but also I had a strange rush of adrenaline, it felt surreal and as though I was somehow personally thrust into a Hollywood movie, like the kind I grew up watching.

I won't ramble on, but just want to say I wish for peace for those who have suffered, and peace in the world.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

On the morning of 9/11 I was in my San Francisco budget apartment getting ready to go to work (about 1 year into my first job out of college) and was woken up by a phone call from my brother in Australia at about 5 or 6 am. I remember the sun was already out. I recall my brother saying, "Do you know what's going on? I think mum and dad have been trying to reach you". I was like, huh?

I turned on the old skool TV in my apartment and saw one of the towers burning, one had collapsed already IIRC. Then I saw the second tower collapse.

Being in my early 20s it was both terrifying but also I had a strange rush of adrenaline, it felt surreal and as though I was somehow personally thrust into a Hollywood movie, like the kind I grew up watching.

I won't ramble on, but just want to say I wish for peace for those who have suffered, and peace in the world.

I recall it as if it happened yesterday. The feelings I had, alongside the rest of the US public (and much of the world) was "shock and awe".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #3 of 4
This is one of the two events in my life that I will never forget.

I remember trying to comfort a coworker because she was worried about her mother that lives in NYC. Several minutes later I got word that my brother-in-law was on the second plane. To this day I still can't watch the images on TV.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

This is one of the two events in my life that I will never forget.

I remember trying to comfort a coworker because she was worried about her mother that lives in NYC. Several minutes later I got word that my brother-in-law was on the second plane. To this day I still can't watch the images on TV.

Wow. I offer you my sympathies, though I know that is small comfort.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › September 11, 2001