or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Wrist Pain
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wrist Pain

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Any of you members ever experience bad right wrist pain when using the MBP 13 inch? I have it bad now with pain.I am on the computer 5 hours in the am and 4 hours in the pm. Not typing hardly just using the trackpad all the time. Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated. marv
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Any of you members ever experience bad right wrist pain when using the MBP 13 inch? I have it bad now with pain.I am on the computer 5 hours in the am and 4 hours in the pm. Not typing hardly just using the trackpad all the time. Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated. marv

I have an older 15" MBP. I was having a similar problem as you; I noticed I was turning my right hand at an angle to my arm to use the trackpad and the right click bar in front of it. That caused the wrist pain in my case. Check to see if you're doing the same thing and if you are, try using the track pad with your hand aligned with your arm.

That was very awkward for me, so I started using a separate mouse. That helped my wrist but I missed the track pad. I bought a Magic Track Pad to use with an iMac and a Mini. Love it!! As it is to the right of my keyboard, my wrist is not at an angle with my arm.

I can cover the 27" screen using my index finger and instead of the awkward bar to 'left or right click', all that's needed on the MTP is to tap on the surface at any point. To me, the MTP is the ultimate mouse/trackpad and will be until voice recognition is perfected {Hal, MS Word, please. 'Please' being the 'left click'), or I can point at the screen at any distance to move the cursor.
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I have an older 15" MBP. I was having a similar problem as you; I noticed I was turning my right hand at an angle to my arm to use the trackpad and the right click bar in front of it. That caused the wrist pain in my case. Check to see if you're doing the same thing and if you are, try using the track pad with your hand aligned with your arm.

That was very awkward for me, so I started using a separate mouse. That helped my wrist but I missed the track pad. I bought a Magic Track Pad to use with an iMac and a Mini. Love it!! As it is to the right of my keyboard, my wrist is not at an angle with my arm.

I can cover the 27" screen using my index finger and instead of the awkward bar to 'left or right click', all that's needed on the MTP is to tap on the surface at any point. To me, the MTP is the ultimate mouse/trackpad and will be until voice recognition is perfected {Hal, MS Word, please. 'Please' being the 'left click'), or I can point at the screen at any distance to move the cursor.

Do you think my wrist will improve if I consider buying this MTP? I heard apple is dropping it. To many complaints.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Do you think my wrist will improve if I consider buying this MTP? I heard apple is dropping it. To many complaints.

Mine has improved, but everyone is different. It will depend on how you use it. Have you tried straightening your hand/wrist/arm with the trackpad you now use?
I find the difference from the MBP center trackpad to the right side MTP a vast improvement for ME.


I hadn't heard anythng about Apple dropping the MTP. For me. it is the ultimate mouse/trackpad.
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #5 of 8
Has anyone else heard that Apple is going to drop the Magic Track Pad?
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Any of you members ever experience bad right wrist pain when using the MBP 13 inch? I have it bad now with pain.I am on the computer 5 hours in the am and 4 hours in the pm. Not typing hardly just using the trackpad all the time. Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated. marv

Cut back your mousing/tracking by 75%. Starting tomorrow. Cold turkey. If you don't your wrist problem will become chronic, if it isn't already, and could well develop into a serious, chronically painful disability. Take up badminton or table tennis. I'm serious. Your wrist has had to deal with just one kind of stress for far too long. The other muscles and sinews need exercise too to balance it.
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Has anyone else heard that Apple is going to drop the Magic Track Pad?

Could be rumors I heard.I would not worry about it.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post

Cut back your mousing/tracking by 75%. Starting tomorrow. Cold turkey. If you don't your wrist problem will become chronic, if it isn't already, and could well develop into a serious, chronically painful disability. Take up badminton or table tennis. I'm serious. Your wrist has had to deal with just one kind of stress for far too long. The other muscles and sinews need exercise too to balance it.

It is chronic I believe and the doctor is giving me therapy to heal it and gel medicine for the pain. Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Wrist Pain