or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google bolsters Android with purchase of 1K more IBM patents

Google bolsters Android with purchase of 1K more IBM patents - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

Makes me sad to see two of my favourite tech companies (Apple and Google), whose products I use every day, go at it. And I dislike this idea that I have to choose between them.

I still think the real enemy here is MS. Their products suck. And the only way they can get anybody to use them is by compelling such use through lawsuits.

All those who say Bing is great must live in the USA. Bing sucks in the rest of the world. Heck, it sucks in Canada, and we're next door and speak the same language. There are features it just doesn't have. For example, no transit times on Bing Maps in Ottawa where I live. And that's the biggest thing preventing me from ever wanting to use a Windows Phone 7 handset: I'd have to default to Hotmail, Bing Search and Bing Maps. Who wants to take that over GMail, Google Search and Google Maps?

People keep wondering why WP7 isn't selling. My theory is that it's not WP7 (which is a terrific OS). It's what's supporting the functions on WP7: Bing. Personally, I'd take a WP7 handset anyday, if all the underlying defaults were Google's services.

agreed....interestingly enough Microsoft would be allowed to publish their apps to the Android Market (possibly even the Apple App Store) and that'd probably be more beneficial to them. I for one would like to see what mobile bing maps has to offer...
post #42 of 45
deleted
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

With things like round corners, glass staircases, and rectangular boxes among them that wouldn't be surprising.

Clearly you don't understand the concept of patents. Pay particular attention to "design patent".
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabig View Post

Clearly you don't understand the concept of patents. Pay particular attention to "design patent".

A US design patent is not the same thing as a European Community Design and isn't intended to be. I think some here are confusing the two and treating them as interchangable.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #45 of 45
deleted
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google bolsters Android with purchase of 1K more IBM patents