Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed in my Dell XPS 8000 and I decided to jump ship and purchased a Mac Pro. I researched and compared the iMac and Mac Pro and went with the latter after finding out the Mac Pro was easily expandable, which I purchased through Amazon.
I upgraded the following hardware:
- 8 GB RAM-
Kingston Technology ValueRAM 4 GB (Kit of 2) Desktop Memory Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1066 MHz (PC3 8500) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM KVR1066D3N7K2/4G
- 1 TB Samsung HD
- 1 TB Seagate HD
- 500GB Seagate HD
all 3 HDs are data drives.
- ATI Radeon HD 5570
After a week of use it seems like my Mac Pro isn't as fast as I would hope. When using Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver (CS5), I get the spinning rainbow wheel.
Is the Xeon processor slower than the i7 or even i5?
A couple other things kinda irritate me...
- With a PC, I had more control of what was going on in my computer. I could view the task manager, clean my registry, scan for viruses, etc.
- The keyboard is so small- I constantly error with the wrong keys
- The mouse is so sensitive.
- Navigating between programs seems to be more labor intensive than when I had a PC.
- Outlook 2011 is really weak
I know I'm probably coming across as a miserable complainer, but I'm getting frustrated with the feeling of not knowing my computer. I'm a web marketing consultant and my livelihood involves a computer. I feel like I'm starting from scratch and I'm losing hope.