or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Solyndra Company

Solyndra Company

post #1 of 86
In your opinion do you think Obama is guilty in this happening with this Solyndra Company in Northern California and what moves should be taken right away?
post #2 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

In your opinion do you think Obama is guilty in this happening with this Solyndra Company in Northern California and what moves should be taken right away?

No idea. The deal was inked under the Bush Administration and signed after Obama had only been in office three months. It's also not clear exactly how much is owed to the federal government.

Of course, there are those who have already drawn their conclusions.
post #3 of 86
Everyone is posting and nobody is linking. Google is easy to use but can't anyone at least give a starting point anymore? Just venting.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #4 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Everyone is posting and nobody is linking. Google is easy to use but can't anyone at least give a starting point anymore? Just venting.

This is certainly true of marvox but usually others posy links.

Marvox you need to post your info on this topic.

I've only read a little on it. Fact is though we need to promote a greener economy now, not be spoon fed pollution from the GOP.

I've posted links how wind was cheaper than coal in new energy production previously. Solar still isn't, so queue how the left are tryiny to destroy civilization.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #5 of 86
I've also only read a little on it, and there's not much of substance out there yet. I've seen the LA Times article posted by Floorjack, and I found the SF Chronicle story about the government's response to allegations. There's also some right wing drivel that's pointing fingers without any cognitive argument, and there's a piece about the money trail on Open Secrets.

Waiting to see what happens.
post #6 of 86
There's no evidence as of yet, but there are a lot of things to investigate. It certainly doesn't look good.

Obama officials sat in on Solyndra meetings.

SFgate article stating loan was rushed after first being denied under Bush

As of now, I really don't see anything criminal. However, I do see a HUGE embarrassment for the Obama Admin. They really pushed this company...financially and rhetorically. It demonstrates failure on so many levels, from Obama's non-existent "green jobs" to the failure of stimulus itself.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #7 of 86
The loan was authorized by the west wing under Obama but it's only illegal and wrong if a republican is in the white house.
post #8 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

The loan was authorized by the west wing under Obama but it's only illegal and wrong if a republican is in the white house.

Good to know.
post #9 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This is certainly true of marvox but usually others posy links.

Marvox you need to post your info on this topic.

I've only read a little on it. Fact is though we need to promote a greener economy now, not be spoon fed pollution from the GOP.

I've posted links how wind was cheaper than coal in new energy production previously. Solar still isn't, so queue how the left are tryiny to destroy civilization.

Instead of your critique what I do read and watch the news about this company going into bankruptcy and tell me what your decision is okay
post #10 of 86
Quote:

Instead of your critique what I do read and watch the news about this company going into bankruptcy and tell me what your decision is okay

Um... okay?

Was that Google translated from another language?
post #11 of 86
Delete.
post #12 of 86
Quote:

Dear Marvox

The company makes money and all is not paid in bills because sales not cover them. Solar, wind and natural gas!!

I only wish media sales would go into bankruptcy, like me and Sarah Palin are in that critique.

Hands.

Ps what native language are you speak?
post #13 of 86
Quote:

Dear Marvox

The company makes money and all is not paid in bills because sales not cover them. Solar, wind and natural gas!!

I only wish media sales would go into bankruptcy, like me and Sarah Palin are in that critique.

Hands.

Sure, make fun of the guy for his posts. That is really classy. \

At least spell his name right, marvfox, not marvox.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #14 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Um... okay?

Was that Google translated from another language?

post #15 of 86
Quote:

I've got to say, Marv does post some pretty incomprehensible sh**. I'm with tonton on this one. That's twice in 24 hours. Sheesh.
post #16 of 86
Quote:

I think you dry, very many times dry!

Maybe there is no fox in marvox?

He and she may understand well how I write, he may like this. I am sure of.
post #17 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I've got to say, Marv does post some pretty incomprehensible sh**. I'm with tonton on this one. That's twice in 24 hours. Sheesh.

I was taking issue with Hands, who is continuing his mocking posts. Why he would want to sound like a racist I don't know.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #18 of 86
Quote:

I was taking issue with Hands, who is continuing his mocking posts. Why he would want to sound like a racist I don't know.

Good point. In other news, your silence on Perry is deafening.
post #19 of 86
Quote:

Good point. In other news, your silence on Perry is deafening.

Perry who? This thread is about Solyndra.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #20 of 86

Article here in Chicago Tribune which is pretty much on the money.

Each party putting the blame on it's "opposite" number is so old. It's been happening for decades. The winner in an infantile bickering match is an infantile bickerer.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #21 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Article here in Chicago Tribune which is pretty much on the money.

Each party putting the blame on it's "opposite" number is so old. It's been happening for decades. The winner in an infantile bickering match is an infantile bickerer.

I think if you re-read that article you'll find it's really an article about Chicago and then Chicago and on.

Here's a real article with facts, not just phoney rage to draw viewers- http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/0...oan-guarantee/
post #22 of 86
Quote:

No one can be as perfect as you I guess you are GOD in a way perfect 100%!
post #23 of 86
Quote:

Dear Marvox

Hands.

Where is the 500 million dollars? Wiseguy!
post #24 of 86
Quote:

No one can be as perfect as you I guess you are GOD in a way perfect 100%!

Ah, false dilemma. The choice is not perfection or complete illiteracy.
post #25 of 86
Quote:

Ah, false dilemma. The choice is not perfection or complete illiteracy.

He did not say illiteracy, that was your projection. The choice was perfection or not. You are dragging this down further by projecting something on him that is obviously not true. A lack of perfect English does not make a person a "complete illiterate".

Here is my point to everyone bagging on Marvfox:
If you don't like his posts, try to understand what he is saying and attack the idea, not the way it was communicated. If you are unclear what he is saying, clarify. This ragging on his writing skills whe it is clearly not a literacy issue, but a translation issue due to English apparently not being his first language is childish and rude.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #26 of 86
Quote:

He did not say illiteracy, that was your projection. The choice was perfection or not. You are dragging this down further by projecting something on him that is obviously not true. A lack of perfect English does not make a person a "complete illiterate".

Here is my point to everyone bagging on Marvfox:
If you don't like his posts, try to understand what he is saying and attack the idea, not the way it was communicated. If you are unclear what he is saying, clarify. This ragging on his writing skills whe it is clearly not a literacy issue, but a translation issue due to English apparently not being his first language is childish and rude.

Thank You Some people never grow up in life as I see now. I am not stupid as you may think your so called phony buddies are as I read from their posts. A lot of crap they spew around from their mouths.
post #27 of 86
The Solyndra scandal is yet another case which showcases the alarming sheer incompetence and possible corruption by the current administration with numerous serious crimes possibly having been committed and this scandal is currently under investigation by multiple groups. I want to see heads roll.

Blaming Bush in this case is not going to fly, even though a few not so intelligent liberals are of course attempting to do so, because that is their natural, primal reaction, much like a fly is attracted to canine feces. Obama owns this scandal and he also owns other scandals such as the whole "exporting weapons into Mexico and giving them to drug cartels" fiasco. These weapons are being used to kill people, including American citizens and law enforcement officials. The people behind that should be charged with murder and either executed or sent to prison for life. I believe that these scandals go very high up, maybe all the way up to the top ending at the community organizer's desk.

All of these current scandals are far more serious than Watergate, and that was a pretty big scandal. Hopefully the full story will soon emerge, so that indictments can happen and the criminals can be apprehended so that they can face American justice.

The Obama administration has been a complete catastrophe for the country and it has been utterly devastating to the American people. Luckily, most of the poor suckers and other groups who have been most negatively affected by the policies of the Obama administration so far are the very same ignorant people who voted for him in the first place.
post #28 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The Solyndra scandal is yet another case which showcases the alarming sheer incompetence and possible corruption by the current administration with numerous serious crimes possibly having been committed and this scandal is currently under investigation by multiple groups. I want to see heads roll.

Blaming Bush in this case is not going to fly, even though a few not so intelligent liberals are of course attempting to do so, because that is their natural, primal reaction, much like a fly is attracted to canine feces. Obama owns this scandal and he also owns other scandals such as the whole "exporting weapons into Mexico and giving them to drug cartels" fiasco. These weapons are being used to kill people, including American citizens and law enforcement officials. The people behind that should be charged with murder and either executed or sent to prison for life. I believe that these scandals go very high up, maybe all the way up to the top ending at the community organizer's desk.

All of these current scandals are far more serious than Watergate, and that was a pretty big scandal. Hopefully the full story will soon emerge, so that indictments can happen and the criminals can be apprehended so that they can face American justice.

The Obama administration has been a complete catastrophe for the country and it has been utterly devastating to the American people. Luckily, most of the poor suckers and other groups who have been most negatively affected by the policies of the Obama administration so far are the very same ignorant people who voted for him in the first place.

Hell yeah! Bush was a great man and a great president who doesn't deserve any of the blame whatsoever for the current state of politics and the economy. Obama is 100% to blame for everything. Global warming isn't real and evolution is a lie made up by people who hate Jesus. Rich people create jobs, and they create more jobs if they're richer. Corporations should just be left alone to do whatever they want. If they dump pollution into a river or if their employees die in industrial accidents, then the market will answer for that. Small business owners should be left completely alone. If people die from food poisoning it's okay because the restaurant will lose customers. Monopolies cannot exist in a truly free market. Health care is not a right. All poor are poor because the welfare system makes them lazy and irresponsible for themselves. People in Sweden, Denmark, Holland, are neither happy nor do they have freedom. The US could never emulate European models because the US is different. Even so, European models are doomed to fail. Condoms cause AIDS. Sex education causes sexual activity. Abstinence only education policies work. All Muslims want to eradicate non-Muslims, and all of them will resort to violence to make it so. Women who are raped sometimes deserve it because they wear skirts that are too short. Al Gore claims he invented the internet, and he only latches on to the climate change lies for the money. Liberals are evil. Black is white. Ignorance is strength. Peace is war. Yeah.
post #29 of 86
Quote:

Hell yeah! Bush was a great man and a great president who doesn't deserve any of the blame whatsoever for the current state of politics and the economy. Obama is 100% to blame for everything. Global warming isn't real and evolution is a lie made up by people who hate Jesus. Rich people create jobs, and they create more jobs if they're richer. Corporations should just be left alone to do whatever they want. If they dump pollution into a river or if their employees die in industrial accidents, then the market will answer for that. Small business owners should be left completely alone. If people die from food poisoning it's okay because the restaurant will lose customers. Monopolies cannot exist in a truly free market. Health care is not a right. All poor are poor because the welfare system makes them lazy and irresponsible for themselves. People in Sweden, Denmark, Holland, are neither happy nor do they have freedom. The US could never emulate European models because the US is different. Even so, European models are doomed to fail. Condoms cause AIDS. Sex education causes sexual activity. Abstinence only education policies work. All Muslims want to eradicate non-Muslims, and all of them will resort to violence to make it so. Women who are raped sometimes deserve it because they wear skirts that are too short. Al Gore claims he invented the internet, and he only latches on to the climate change lies for the money. Liberals are evil. Black is white. Ignorance is strength. Peace is war. Yeah.

I honestly get more facts from Snapple caps than I do from SDW, Trumptman and FloorJack combined. If I wanted blind partisan conjecture, I'd listen to Limbaugh.

Or your own replies.
post #30 of 86
Quote:

You and BR are both losing it... Both of you used to be somewhat reasonable to talk to... You need to take a vacation or something...
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #31 of 86
Quote:

You and BR are both losing it... Both of you used to be somewhat reasonable to talk to... You need to take a vacation or something...

So when an idiot comes on the boards and claims that Solyndra is "far more serious than Watergate," it is a 'somewhat reasonable' post and deserves a serious reply? I see. I'm glad you're so reasonable.
post #32 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Or your own replies.

The pound cake got it's name from its original recipe, which called for a pound of sugar.
post #33 of 86
Quote:

So when an idiot comes on the boards and claims that Solyndra is "far more serious than Watergate," it is a 'somewhat reasonable' post and deserves a serious reply? I see. I'm glad you're so reasonable.

Except for the fact that your reading comprehension skills are apparently in the gutter and I never did claim that Solyndra is a far more serious scandal than Watergate. You might recall that I also happened to mention another scandal in my post, the "Guns into Mexico" scandal, and that I believe is a far more serious scandal, and I will even assert that it is far more serious than Watergate, because murder is involved.

Liberals obviously like to instinctively kneejerk and call knowledgeable people who they are intimidated by for "idiots", but no matter how much they huff and puff, the facts remain the same and they cannot change that.
post #34 of 86
Quote:

Except for the fact that your reading comprehension skills are apparently in the gutter and I never did claim that Solyndra is a far more serious scandal than Watergate. You might recall that I also happened to mention another scandal in my post, the "Guns into Mexico" scandal, and that I believe is a far more serious scandal, and I will even assert that it is far more serious than Watergate, because murder is involved.

Liberals obviously like to instinctively kneejerk and call knowledgeable people who they are intimidated by for "idiots", but no matter how much they huff and puff, the facts remain the same and they cannot change that.

My reading comprehension? You mentioned two 'scandals', Solyndra and Mexico. Then said, 'all of these scandals are far more serious than Watetgate." Your sorry attempt at backtracking is typical.

But let's ignore that and go back to what you wrote here. If it's really about that, what do you think about Reagan and Nicaragua or Afghanistan.

Reagan's weapons have killed thousands more Americans than Obama's, and hundreds of thousands more people. Do those people count? Is Oliver North an honest patriot?

Or is this blind partisanship?
post #35 of 86
Quote:

My reading comprehension? You mentioned two 'scandals', Solyndra and Mexico. Then said, 'all of these scandals are far more serious than Watetgate." Your sorry attempt at backtracking is typical.

But let's ignore that and go back to what you wrote here. If it's really about that, what do you think about Reagan and Nicaragua or Afghanistan.

Reagan's weapons have killed thousands more Americans than Obama's, and hundreds of thousands more people. Do those people count? Is Oliver North an honest patriot?

Why don't you try sticking to the topic at hand instead of bringing up an administration that is not related at all to the current conversation? Going down your rabbit trail, Do you believe that Iran/Contra was as serious as or worse than Watergate? If so, do you believe that the issue from the present is less serious? And if so then In what way?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #36 of 86
Quote:

This post was the final topping, your have worked up to the current frustration level over the past weeks. You and BR are becoming the opposite of reasonable, even when someone tries to be you spit on them for it.

Why do I even bother? I am sure you will find a way to link this to my religion or a lack of intelligence or some sort of blind partisanship. That is usually what it boils down to with both of you.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #37 of 86
Quote:

I suppose that would depend upon somebody's interpretation of "all". By "all", I mean "all", as in every scandal together, not necessarily individually. And the current administration certainly has quite a few different scandals to deal with, ranging from the trivial to the far more serious.

The amount of people killed mentioned in your other statements doesn't really interest me too much, as it is often not a very good or accurate indicator of right or wrong. I would venture to guess that most Americans are more concerned with the ongoings of the current President.
post #38 of 86
I'll remind all of you here to check exactly whom it was that sidetracked the thread by comparing current events to past events that are of no current relevance.

And yes, you can deny it all you want, but current events, including Solyndra, are at least partially due to policies enacted under the Bush administration. To deny this is equally as partisan as it would be to say that Obama was in no way involved.
post #39 of 86
Quote:

And yes, you can deny it all you want, but current events, including Solyndra, are at least partially due to policies enacted under the Bush administration. To deny this is equally as partisan as it would be to say that Obama was in no way involved.

No, Obama doesn't get to play the "let's blame Bush" game here. Sooner or later, real men have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Let's stick to the facts and what we know.

We know that Bush denied Solyndra's application in Jan. 2009. It seems as if Bush was much smarter than Obama in this particular instance.

We also know that "President Barack Obama’s aides pressured White House budget officials to complete a review of a $535 million U.S. loan guarantee to Solyndra LLC, a solar-panel maker that has filed for bankruptcy protection, according to a U.S. House committee report based on e-mails and documents.".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-decision.html

The Solyndra scandal is bad news for Obama, not just on an economic level because of the money lost, wasted and possibly stolen from the American people, but it's also a blow to his naive and juvenile "Green jobs" plan, which is proving to be a real dud, a jobs killer, a total waste of money and a colossal failure.
post #40 of 86
Quote:

No, Obama doesn't get to play the "let's blame Bush" game here. Sooner or later, real men have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Let's stick to the facts and what we know.

We know that Bush denied Solyndra's application in Jan. 2009. It seems as if Bush was much smarter than Obama in this particular instance.

We also know that "President Barack Obamas aides pressured White House budget officials to complete a review of a $535 million U.S. loan guarantee to Solyndra LLC, a solar-panel maker that has filed for bankruptcy protection, according to a U.S. House committee report based on e-mails and documents.".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-decision.html

The Solyndra scandal is bad news for Obama, not just on an economic level because of the money lost, wasted and possibly stolen from the American people, but it's also a blow to his naive and juvenile "Green jobs" plan, which is proving to be a real dud, a jobs killer, a total waste of money and a colossal failure.

Let's talk policy here, shall we? Whose policies were these? Be honest. Who set up the loan guarantee scheme? Are you saying that that is of no consequence to the outcome? Obama's "green jobs" plan? What about Bush's "green jobs" plan?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Solyndra Company