or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Solyndra Company

Solyndra Company - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Revitol Stretch Mark Cream Review.
On the official site theres some honesty about exactly what to expect, with the admission that total removal of stretch marks will probably not occur. Theres also the admission that with Revitol, preventative measures work best. A pregnant woman is advised to start using it in the early stages of pregnancy. If a woman doesnt consider buying Revitol until after shes had the baby, shes advised to not hesitate. The makers concede that the product works best on the newer, deeply-hued scars.
http://stretchmarkinstitute.com/prod...etch-mark.html
post #42 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliarahman17 View Post

Revitol Stretch Mark Cream Review.
On the official site theres some honesty about exactly what to expect, with the admission that total removal of stretch marks will probably not occur. Theres also the admission that with Revitol, preventative measures work best. A pregnant woman is advised to start using it in the early stages of pregnancy. If a woman doesnt consider buying Revitol until after shes had the baby, shes advised to not hesitate. The makers concede that the product works best on the newer, deeply-hued scars.
http://stretchmarkinstitute.com/prod...etch-mark.html

?
post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

?

Spammer. Has been reported. Should be gone once the mods get time.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #44 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Spammer. Has been reported. Should be gone once the mods get time.

Yes of course a spammer but for pregnancy stretch mark medicine? At AI?
post #45 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yes of course a spammer but for pregnancy stretch mark medicine? At AI?

No such thing as bad press. And free advertising is free advertising, even if the target may be a bit off. The more that see their message the more that will have them in their memory if someone asks. Whatever, it is way off topic and should be removed.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

No such thing as bad press. And free advertising is free advertising, even if the target may be a bit off. The more that see their message the more that will have them in their memory if someone asks. Whatever, it is way off topic and should be removed.

Of course my wife just delivery a baby at 6am this morning so who am I to say I'm not in the market?
post #47 of 86
Quote:

Of course my wife just delivery a baby at 6am this morning so who am I to say I'm not in the market?

Congratulations. Now go tell your wife that you think she needs stretch mark cream after all that and see how well it goes.

Or are they posting it becaus they knew you would be in the market for it.

Boy or girl? Congratulations either way.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #48 of 86
Congratulation, FloorJack!
post #49 of 86
Quote:

Mazel Tov in Jewish it means good luck to you and your wife.
post #50 of 86
Congrats!!!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #51 of 86
Hey thanks everyone. #3 for me, I was done at two
post #52 of 86
Quote:

Hey thanks everyone. #3 for me, I was done at two

You only thought you were. Welcome to the 3 child club. Hopefully your older children are old enough that they can help a bit with #3.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #53 of 86
Oh look, another $1 Billion in loan guarantees to solar power companies:

Did I mention the one who got over $700 million is run by Nancy Pelosi's Brother-in-Law?
post #54 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Oh look, another $1 Billion in loan guarantees to solar power companies:

Did I mention the one who got over $700 million is run by Nancy Pelosi's Brother-in-Law?

Drudge attempt at scandal-manufacturing:
FAIL!

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...azines_fortune
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #55 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

No, Obama doesn't get to play the "let's blame Bush" game here. Sooner or later, real men have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Let's stick to the facts and what we know.

We know that Bush denied Solyndra's application in Jan. 2009. It seems as if Bush was much smarter than Obama in this particular instance.

We also know that "President Barack Obamas aides pressured White House budget officials to complete a review of a $535 million U.S. loan guarantee to Solyndra LLC, a solar-panel maker that has filed for bankruptcy protection, according to a U.S. House committee report based on e-mails and documents.".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-decision.html

The Solyndra scandal is bad news for Obama, not just on an economic level because of the money lost, wasted and possibly stolen from the American people, but it's also a blow to his naive and juvenile "Green jobs" plan, which is proving to be a real dud, a jobs killer, a total waste of money and a colossal failure.

Obama made to many promises which he could not live up to.Maybe he will try to adjust his attitude and policies to gain the public's support once again. His is leaning to far to the right by kissing the Republicans ass constantly!
post #56 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Drudge attempt at scandal-manufacturing:
FAIL!

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...azines_fortune

Right...nothing to see here. Just move on. And that 1 billion in guarantees? I'm sure there's no chance of the companies failing.

Beyond that, consider the political stupidity of our President. Taxpayers just got bilked out of $500 million due to the administration's obsession with green energy and making it look like the stimulus was working. Now, we approve ANOTHER billion? Like...less than a month after Solyndra? Man, that takes some real cojones.

Worse still: Why the hell should taxpayers be on the hook for this green wet dream? The government is putting a billion on "black" in Roulette and screaming "let it ride!!!!." Except it's not their money, it's ours.
post #57 of 86
Quote:

Right...nothing to see here. Just move on. And that 1 billion in guarantees? I'm sure there's no chance of the companies failing.

Did you even read the article I cited?
Pelosi's kin has absolutely nothing to to with the investment into the company being funded. The investment happened before he joined the investment firm, and comes from a fund that he is not a part of. The whole "PELOSI" thing is just red (herring) meat to fuel the Perpetual Outrage Machine for Republicans like you. That's why it was pulled from Drudge's site after only a few hours - it's purely trumped-up BS.

Quote:
Beyond that, consider the political stupidity of our President. Taxpayers just got bilked out of $500 million due to the administration's obsession with green energy and making it look like the stimulus was working. Now, we approve ANOTHER billion? Like...less than a month after Solyndra? Man, that takes some real cojones.

Waitaminnit - so putting good policy ahead of politics is a BAD thing?

If anything, I'd think that you'd hope that your Republican heroes took a cue from him, and stopped basing every single decision and position on what is the most politically advantageous to them at the moment.

Quote:
Worse still: Why the hell should taxpayers be on the hook for this green wet dream? The government is putting a billion on "black" in Roulette and screaming "let it ride!!!!." Except it's not their money, it's ours.

If you don't understand why having alternatives to oil and being competitive in the world marketplace with developing technology is highly desirable, I'm not going to take the time to try to explain it here. It would be a waste of my time, obviously.

Never mind that comparing this company to Solyndra is an apples & oranges play:

Quote:
SolarReserve is a better bet than a manufacturing company like Solyndra, since it's a power generation company that has contractual offsets.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #58 of 86
Quote:

Did you even read the article I cited?
Pelosi's kin has absolutely nothing to to with the investment into the company being funded. The investment happened before he joined the investment firm, and comes from a fund that he is not a part of. The whole "PELOSI" thing is just red (herring) meat to fuel the Perpetual Outrage Machine for Republicans like you. That's why it was pulled from Drudge's site after only a few hours - it's purely trumped-up BS.

It doesn't matter. The perception is the problem, especially after Solyndra. I'm not claiming that he personally benefited. It simply looks terrible.

Quote:

Waitaminnit - so putting good policy ahead of politics is a BAD thing?

If anything, I'd think that you'd hope that your Republican heroes took a cue from him, and stopped basing every single decision and position on what is the most politically advantageous to them at the moment.

Dude, welcome to the real world, where "good policy" and "bad policy" are not black and white, and where politics matters...especially for a guy running for reelection with 9% unemployment.

Quote:

If you don't understand why having alternatives to oil and being competitive in the world marketplace with developing technology is highly desirable, I'm not going to take the time to try to explain it here. It would be a waste of my time, obviously.

You're living in a fucking fantasy world. We cannot power the nation on wind and solar. These are ancillary technologies that while useful, are not things we can spend tens of billions on while ignoring our own conventional resources. The idea that the government will jump start the "green economy" is a liberal wet dream. Meanwhile, we're killing innovation in natural gas, oil, coal and nuclear...all things that can benefit us in terms of energy independence right now.

Quote:

Never mind that comparing this company to Solyndra is an apples & oranges play:

Right. You know what? I have complete faith in our government's ability not to royally fuck up again.
post #59 of 86
Quote:

It doesn't matter. The perception is the problem, especially after Solyndra. I'm not claiming that he personally benefited. It simply looks terrible.

Dude, welcome to the real world, where "good policy" and "bad policy" are not black and white, and where politics matters...especially for a guy running for reelection with 9% unemployment.

Yeah, except that the "politics" of it is all being trumped up. And it's such a tenuous (at best) link that even a partisan hack like Drudge ran awaaaaay from it after only a few hours of blowing it up on his front page.

Do you honestly expect me to believe that this is going to change anyone's vote? Should I believe there is a possibility you'd vote for Obama except for the "perception" that there's something wrong with this deal?

But, hey - that whole "politics of personal destruction" thing worked out great against Clinton, so I hope your side keeps it up!

Quote:
You're living in a fucking fantasy world. We cannot power the nation on wind and solar. These are ancillary technologies that while useful, are not things we can spend tens of billions on while ignoring our own conventional resources. The idea that the government will jump start the "green economy" is a liberal wet dream. Meanwhile, we're killing innovation in natural gas, oil, coal and nuclear...all things that can benefit us in terms of energy independence right now.

Where did I say that we can "power the nation on wind and solar"? I hope you and your strawman live a long and fulfilling "fucking fantasy world" life together.

Isn't "diversification" one of the most important strategies for any long-term investment plan?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_p..._States#Growth

The "fantasy world" is that we can solve our energy problems by drilling and fracking everything in sight (is not doing that how we're "killing innovation", BTW?). Never mind climate change or acid rain or smog - the next generation is in for a very rude awakening if it thinks we can continue to meet our ever-growing energy needs with the current mix of ever-shrinking energy sources. The fossil fuels are NOT going to last forever. Nuclear expansion is now dead in the water, like it or not. So the right-wing solution is to laugh at other nations of the world as they eat our lunch in utilizing and expanding solar technology?

And the longer we keep all our energy eggs in that basket, the more dependent we are on other countries - including the very stable and very friendly Middle Eastern ones.

Quote:
Right. You know what? I have complete faith in our government's ability not to royally fuck up again.

I have just as much faith in your ability to view our problems and potential solutions rationally, rather than through your FOX/Drudge colored glasses.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #60 of 86
What’s a Solyndra scandal on MSNBC when there are Republicans to ridicule?

Seriously, why are people more interested in Cain's love life than Obama's crony capitalism?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #61 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Whats a Solyndra scandal on MSNBC when there are Republicans to ridicule?

Seriously, why are people more interested in Cain's love life than Obama's crony capitalism?

Cain's love life!? That's a joke, right?
post #62 of 86
See what I mean?

post #63 of 86
Quote:

See what I mean?

No, I don't. Seriously, if you think sexual harassment is part of someone's love life, then your principles simply don't matter anywhere else.
post #64 of 86
Anything to say about Solyndra?

post #65 of 86
Jazz, do you really think gw (the effects on climate) isn't man made and won't cause real issues for a lot of people?

A straight answer please.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #66 of 86
Anything to say about Solyndra, Hands?

post #67 of 86
Quote:

Why the fuck shoould i care about that insignificant shit? Get real for fucks sake. The shits hitting the fan on our planet and this makes you angry...

To those who want to strangle co2... we must win.
post #68 of 86
Quote:

Delete.
post #69 of 86
Quote:

Why the fuck should I care about that insignificant shit? Get real for all the planetary info's sake. The shits hitting the fan on our planet and this makes you angry?...

To those who want to strangle co2... we must win, we are winning, and we will win.
post #70 of 86
Good to know where your priorities are, Hands.

Blatant crony capitalism on the part of Obama and his administration at the expense of taxpayers doesn't concern you. Got it.

post #71 of 86
Quote:

Blatant crony capitalism on the part of Obama and his administration at the expense of taxpayers doesn't concern you. Got it.

If that's what I saw, it would concern me. But that's not even close to what anyone can see WRT Solyndra except someone with a bias problem.
post #72 of 86
Jazzy, I'm curious. How do you feel about the trillions of dollars we taxpayers gave to Halliburton without tender?
post #73 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jazzy, I'm curious. How do you feel about the trillions of dollars we taxpayers gave to Halliburton without tender?

Taxation is theft. Therefore, Halliburton took stolen money in exchange for it's services. In addition, they have helped the U.S. government carry out its immoral and bloody foreign policy of nation building and empire expansion.

I feel angry and upset. That is money that would have been better spent if left in the hands of those who earned it.

post #74 of 86
Quote:

Read my other posts in this thread, especily the timeline thread from Climateprogres.com

When you take climate CHANGE seriously, and not treat it as leftwing power grab, I'll take your crony capitalism rants a little more important.

We're far more tired of your Denialism than your accusations of gw Cronyism.
post #75 of 86
Good, now that we've cleared that up, how would you feel about a pol who proposed massive tax exemptions for political friends, but not for others? For instance, what if there were a pol who received donations from a company that produces hand cream, and then that pol proposes massive tax exemptions for companies that produce hand cream, but no similar exemptions for companies that produce say... shampoo? Wouldn't you call that crony capitalism?
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Read my other posts in this thread, especily the timeline thread from Climateprogres.com

When you take climate CHANGE seriously, and not treat it as leftwing power grab, I'll take your crony capitalism rants a little more important.

You buy what they're selling. I don't.

post #77 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Good, now that we've cleared that up, how would you feel about a pol who proposed massive tax exemptions for political friends, but not for others? For instance, what if there were a pol who received donations from a company that produces hand cream, and then that pol proposes massive tax exemptions for companies that produce hand cream, but no similar exemptions for companies that produce say... shampoo? Wouldn't you call that crony capitalism?

Not sure what "gotcha game" you're playing this time.

I've already declared my belief that taxation is theft. Therefore, whatever is done afterward -- no matter how well-intentioned -- it is done with stolen money. That is wrong.

post #78 of 86
Quote:

Yeah, except that the "politics" of it is all being trumped up. And it's such a tenuous (at best) link that even a partisan hack like Drudge ran awaaaaay from it after only a few hours of blowing it up on his front page.

Do you honestly expect me to believe that this is going to change anyone's vote? Should I believe there is a possibility you'd vote for Obama except for the "perception" that there's something wrong with this deal?

But, hey - that whole "politics of personal destruction" thing worked out great against Clinton, so I hope your side keeps it up!

Where did I say that we can "power the nation on wind and solar"? I hope you and your strawman live a long and fulfilling "fucking fantasy world" life together.

Isn't "diversification" one of the most important strategies for any long-term investment plan?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_p..._States#Growth

The "fantasy world" is that we can solve our energy problems by drilling and fracking everything in sight (is not doing that how we're "killing innovation", BTW?). Never mind climate change or acid rain or smog - the next generation is in for a very rude awakening if it thinks we can continue to meet our ever-growing energy needs with the current mix of ever-shrinking energy sources. The fossil fuels are NOT going to last forever. Nuclear expansion is now dead in the water, like it or not. So the right-wing solution is to laugh at other nations of the world as they eat our lunch in utilizing and expanding solar technology?

And the longer we keep all our energy eggs in that basket, the more dependent we are on other countries - including the very stable and very friendly Middle Eastern ones.

I have just as much faith in your ability to view our problems and potential solutions rationally, rather than through your FOX/Drudge colored glasses.

You cannot even be honest about your own position. It is you, sir, that are not living in reality. Those of us that live in reality know that we need more domestic coal, oil and natural gas production to meet our energy needs. We also know that true "clean" energy is a long, long way off. What this administration has done is pour hundreds of billions into this industry while putting their boot on throats of our domestic producers. This is a recipe for disaster in so many ways, from energy prices, to national security, to food prices, to economic growth.
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

If the left were serious about global warming they would embrace nuclear. But they don't and so they are not.

Global warming is the issue that the Watermelons use to rip down the system they hate.
post #80 of 86
Quote:

If the left were serious about global warming they would embrace nuclear. But they don't and so they are not.

Global warming is the issue that the Watermelons use to rip down the system they hate.

Ding ding ding! It's the ultimate umbrella issue. It can be used as a tool to destroy our "unfair" and "uncaring" society. That's what "climate change" is really about. That, and making Al Gore rich.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Solyndra Company