or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him"

post #1 of 60
Thread Starter 
Not long left for Perry to end his racist ways- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...lea-rick-perry
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #2 of 60
We now have 4 separate threads on Rick Perry in the top 10 active threads in PO.

Overkill.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #3 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

We now have 4 separate threads on Rick Perry in the top 10 active threads in PO.

Overkill.

And yet still the silence is deafening.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #4 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

And yet still the silence is deafening.

Right on, Hands. We're all just too afraid to defend him! Not even we crazy conservatives can defend this racist, statist, dimwitted, corrupt governor!

Or, I suppose it could be this :

1. You are simply prosthelytizing against Perry each thread (4 of them). You're not taken seriously due to your ranting.

2. The "evidence" of whatever accusations you have against Perry is usually biased, distorted, or outright false.

3. Many of us here are not really Perry supporters, so we don't feel much of a need to defend him. It's not hard to understand why even the conservatives here would mostly ignore you given these three points.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #5 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Right on, Hands. We're all just too afraid to defend him! Not even we crazy conservatives can defend this racist, statist, dimwitted, corrupt governor!

Or, I suppose it could be this :

1. You are simply prosthelytizing against Perry each thread (4 of them). You're not taken seriously due to your ranting.

2. The "evidence" of whatever accusations you have against Perry is usually biased, distorted, or outright false.

3. Many of us here are not really Perry supporters, so we don't feel much of a need to defend him. It's not hard to understand why even the conservatives here would mostly ignore you given these three points.

Don't worry. I don't take you seriously anyway.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #6 of 60
Quote:
=Hands Sandon;1942542]Don't worry. I don't take you seriously anyway.


This kind of statement is exactly WHY I don't take you seriously. It's not because we simply disagree on issues, which by implication seems to be your reason for dismissing me (which is too bad, really).

By contrast, I don't take you seriously because you're not really discussing anything or even expressing strong opinions. You're just posting thread after thread, trying to bait your political opposition into an argument. Your posts and links are disingenuous, redundant and needlessly inflammatory. If you want to express opinions on Rick Perry, fine. Do so with real evidence. State your disagreements. Don't create threads that portend to be discussions but in reality are just you screaming on your soapbox.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #7 of 60
Thread Starter 
Given as yet no ones taken the bait, here's something good to watch till someone finally bites-

Oh, is it 6pm locally yet?

Video- http://pulsemedia.org/2011/09/12/whi...r-black-death/
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #8 of 60
Thread Starter 
"At the hearing, a psychologist, Dr Walter Quijano, was called by the defence and testified that he did not believe Buck would be a future danger as the murders had been a one-off crime of passion. But under cross-examination, the prosecution pressed him about Buck's ethnicity as an African-American.

"You have determined that the race factor, black, increases the future dangerousness for various complicated reasons. Is that correct?" the prosecution asked.

"Yes," replied Quijano.

The prosecution later exhorted the jury to make their decision on the basis of Quijano's testimony. The jury found that Buck did pose a future danger of violence, and put him on death row.

In 2000, the then attorney general in Texas, John Cornyn, admitted that the racial testimony of Quijano had wrongfully been allowed to prejudice sentencing in seven separate cases. Six of those cases were reheard as a result, but, in a legal oversight, Buck's never was.

Buck's lawyer, Katherine Black, is petitioning Perry to commute his execution to allow resentencing. "This case violates the US constitution and undermines our moral values. A person has a right to be sentenced based not on the colour of their skin," the petition reads."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...=ILCNETTXT3487
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #9 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Overkill

An interesting pun when talking about Rick Perry!
post #10 of 60
Who exactly is being quoted in the title of this thread?
post #11 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Who exactly is being quoted in the title of this thread?

Stop. You're using your brain. This is prohibited on Political Outsider.
post #12 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Who exactly is being quoted in the title of this thread?

Likely Hands' caricature of Perry. \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #13 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Likely Hands' charicature of Perry. \

Caricature. There's no h. Don't reach for the big words and fail. This is twice now in two days.

One could construe that the quote in the title is essentially what the prosecution's witness in those cases was saying, however.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #14 of 60
Thread Starter 
"Duane Buck, an inmate on Texas's death row for the past 16 years, has been spared the lethal injection after the US supreme court stayed his execution on the grounds that the jury at his sentencing hearing was told he was a danger to the public because he is black.

The fact it took the highest court in the nation to prevent the judicial killing of a prisoner in such controversial circumstances will put the governor of Texas, Rick Perry, further under the spotlight. He was earlier approached by lawyers of Buck and exhorted to use his power to put a 30-day reprieve on the execution to give time for all parties to look at his case, but Perry did not act.

The intervention of the US supreme court gives the prisoner one last chance to plead for commutation of his sentence to life imprisonment.

When Buck was informed that he was to live, at least for a little while longer, he said: "Praise the Lord. God is worthy to be praised. God's mercy triumphs over judgment. I feel good."

Kate Black, Buck's lawyer, welcomed the court's decision: "We are relieved that the US supreme court recognised the obvious injustice of allowing a defendant's race to factor into sentencing decisions and granted a stay of execution to Duane Buck," she said.

"No one should be put to death based on the colour of his or her skin. We are confident that the court will agree that our client is entitled to a fair sentencing hearing that is untainted by considerations of his race."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-supreme-court
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Caricature. There's no h. Don't reach for the big words and fail. This is twice now in two days.

One could construe that the quote in the title is essentially what the prosecution's witness in those cases was saying, however.

So I spelled it wrong, it was used correctly and in the proper context. I will ensure that I spell it correctly in the future so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities. It is not that big of a word.

As for the on topic portion, one could construe that if it were not preceded by the words "Rick Perry:" showing that it was Hands attributing it to Rick, not the prosecution's witness.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #16 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Caricature. There's no h. Don't reach for the big words and fail. This is twice now in two days.

One could construe that the quote in the title is essentially what the prosecution's witness in those cases was saying, however.

Get real. The clear purpose was to make it appear that Perry himself said it, which is absurd.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #17 of 60
The entire thread is flamebait. And it backfired.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #18 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Get real. The clear purpose was to make it appear that Perry himself said it, which is absurd.

Perry did not stay the execution. Clearly he has no issue with what the prosecution's witness said or he just doesn't give a shit.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #19 of 60
Guilt by association.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #20 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Perry did not stay the execution. Clearly he has no issue with what the prosecution's witness said or he just doesn't give a shit.

The only thing that is clear is that he did not stay the execution. Anything else is speculation on your part.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #21 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

The only thing that is clear is that he did not stay the execution. Anything else is speculation on your part.

You tell me why he wouldn't given the circumstances.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #22 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Guilt by association.

That's not how that works. That phrase doesn't mean what you think it does.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #23 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You tell me why he wouldn't given the circumstances.

Go ask him, I am not a mind reader. Claiming you know is still false.

And after doing some more looking found this interesting tidbit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...lea-rick-perry
Quote:
Perry does not have the power to commute the death sentence, following the decision of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to dismiss an appeal for clemency. However, the governor does have the power to order a 30-day reprieve.

He could not have stopped it even if he wanted to, he could have however made it take 30 days longer.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #24 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

That's not how that works. That phrase doesn't mean what you think it does.

Association fallacy

This is what you are claiming:

One witness for the prosecution claims the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color, which testimony (taken together with ALL the other evidence) contributes to the defendant being convicted and sentenced to death.

Rick Perry, the governor, doesn't pardon the defendant or stay the execution.

Therefore, Rick Perry agrees that the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color.

This is guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #25 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Go ask him, I am not a mind reader. Claiming you know is still false.

And after doing some more looking found this interesting tidbit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...lea-rick-perry


He could not have stopped it even if he wanted to, he could have however made it take 30 days longer.

And the crucial part is he didn't. Those 30 days may save that black mans life.

And this whole thing goes further than that too. A study was done in Philadelphia. or somewhere, and it found that about 30% of the blacks were given the death penalty rather than given life sentences, who would have been given life sentences if they were (or had been) white.



"A report sponsored by the American Bar Association in 2007 concluded that one-third of African-American death row inmates in Philadelphia would have received sentences of life imprisonment if they had not been African-American.

A January 2003 study released by the University of Maryland concluded that race and geography are major factors in death penalty decisions. Specifically, prosecutors are more likely to seek a death sentence when the race of the victim is white and are less likely to seek a death sentence when the victim is African-American.

A 2007 study of death sentences in Connecticut conducted by Yale University School of Law revealed that African-American defendants receive the death penalty at three times the rate of white defendants in cases where the victims are white. In addition, killers of white victims are treated more severely than people who kill minorities, when it comes to deciding what charges to bring."
~ http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/i...nalty-and-race
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #26 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Go ask him, I am not a mind reader. Claiming you know is still false.

And after doing some more looking found this interesting tidbit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...lea-rick-perry


He could not have stopped it even if he wanted to, he could have however made it take 30 days longer.

Yes, the 30 day reprieve. That's what I meant. I did not claim to know what is in his mind--that's why I provided the two most reasonable options. Do you have any other reasonable options?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #27 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Association fallacy

This is what you are claiming:

One witness for the prosecution claims the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color, which testimony (taken together with ALL the other evidence) contributes to the defendant being convicted and sentenced to death.

Rick Perry, the governor, doesn't pardon the defendant or stay the execution.

Therefore, Rick Perry agrees that the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color.

This is guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy.

Yes yes you can look up fallacies on wikipedia (but can't apply them to your religion, but that's another topic for another day).

You clearly did not read what I wrote. I did not say that racism was the only possible reason why Rick Perry would not give the 30 day stay. I gave a few possibilities that I believed were reasonable under the circumstances. Rick Perry agreeing with the prosecution's witness is one possibility. Another is he doesn't care. Can you think of other plausible reasons why not? Maybe he thinks race wasn't a factor? That's less reasonable due to the other cases that got reexamined. Maybe he likes his death penalty record and doesn't give a shit about whether or not the people deserve it? There was another controversy surrounding that issue with the alleged arson case.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #28 of 60
Never pass up an opportunity to attack my religion, BR.

You're right, I'm speaking more to Hands than to you at this point.

The title of this thread alone is an association fallacy.

But I suspect Hands knows exactly what he is doing because, after all, he admitted this thread was flamebait.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #29 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Association fallacy

This is what you are claiming:

One witness for the prosecution claims the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color, which testimony (taken together with ALL the other evidence) contributes to the defendant being convicted and sentenced to death.

Rick Perry, the governor, doesn't pardon the defendant or stay the execution.

Therefore, Rick Perry agrees that the defendant is more prone to crime because of his skin color.

This is guilt by association as an ad hominem fallacy.

If Rick Perry is prepared to let that stand as evidence against the accused then he is racist, period.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #30 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Never pass up an opportunity to attack my religion, BR.

You do open the door by bringing up logical fallacies. An "appeal to faith" is a logical fallacy. I don't understand why it's fair game to bring up logical fallacies in this arena but not when it comes to religion.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #31 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post


But I suspect Hands knows exactly what he is doing because, after all, he admitted this thread was flamebait.

No, I was just preempting responses like yours that won't look at the issues involved because it's a right leaning politician.

It's getting to the point here where there's no point the left bothering to post anything because it's just ignored outright..
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #32 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No, I was just preempting responses like yours that won't look at the issues involved because it's a right leaning politician.

It's getting to the point here where there's no point the left bothering to post anything because it's just ignored outright..

Like when Noah accused of you spamming but refused to address the issue in that other thread. When I pointed out Noah didn't address the issue, he said he wasn't talking to me and again dodged the question.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #33 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Like when Noah accused of you spamming but refused to address the issue in that other thread. When I pointed out Noah didn't address the issue, he said he wasn't talking to me and again dodged the question.

They almost never respond here now. I think they know that they're Christian, Republican and Libertarians first and thinking human beings a distant second.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #34 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Like when Noah accused of you spamming but refused to address the issue in that other thread. When I pointed out Noah didn't address the issue, he said he wasn't talking to me and again dodged the question.

BR, you are confused, I never accused Hands of spamming. And you are oversimplifying the interaction to the Nth degree.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #35 of 60
I thought NoahJ was addressing jimmac.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #36 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

BR, you are confused, I never accused Hands of spamming. And you are oversimplifying the interaction to the Nth degree.

Which degree? N=0? N=1?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #37 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I thought NoahJ was addressing jimmac.

You are correct. That doesn't change the point.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #38 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You are correct. That doesn't change the point.

Actually it does. Because he wasn't accusing Hands of spamming.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #39 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Actually it does. Because he wasn't accusing Hands of spamming.

Subsitute Jimmac for Hands. My point remains. If you think my point doesn't remain, you clearly missed my point.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #40 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Subsitute Jimmac for Hands. My point remains. If you think my point doesn't remain, you clearly missed my point.

I answered your question by stating I could care less. Just because I did not get sucked into your stupid argument does not mean anything. your point is asinine.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him"