or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him" - Page 2

post #41 of 60
But you see, NoahJ, our refusal to participate in their silly games means they are right and we are wrong.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #42 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I answered your question by stating I could care less.

So you do care.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #43 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So you do care.

At some level maybe, but not in the way you are implying. Play all your word games by yourself.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #44 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I answered your question by stating I could care less. Just because I did not get sucked into your stupid argument does not mean anything. your point is asinine.

Perry is the leading contender at present and none of you are prepared to try and explain his record. I suspect that's because you've all spent so long arguing against the things he's done when say Obama has done it, or something similar, you don't want to be seen as blatant hypocrites, just like Perry is increasingly being seen.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #45 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Perry is the leading contender at present and none of you are prepared to try and explain his record. I suspect that's because you've all spent so long arguing against the things he's done when say Obama has done it, or something similar, you don't want to be seen as blatant hypocrites, just like Perry is increasingly being seen.

Perry is not my candidate and I will not be voting for him. End of discussion.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #46 of 60
Why do you assume that if we don't join in with you in bashing Rick Perry (across 4 separate threads now) that we support him?

I've already made it clear in multiple threads that the only GOP candidate I support is Ron Paul (I would also vote for Gary Johnson, but the media has completely ignored him and excluded him from the debates, so his chances are slim to none). In fact, I was a registered Libertarian and went out of my way to register as a Republican in my state just to vote for him because we don't have open primaries. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination I'm voting for a Third Party candidate.

Rick Perry represents the status quo (endless wars, authoritarianism, big government, corporatism, etc.). I am not in favor of maintaining the status quo. Therefore I do not support Rick Perry and see no need to defend him. I'll let him and his supporters do that.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #47 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Perry is not my candidate and I will not be voting for him. End of discussion.

Who is?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #48 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why do you assume that if we don't join in with you in bashing Rick Perry (across 4 separate threads now) that we support him?

I've already made it clear in multiple threads that the only GOP candidate I support is Ron Paul (I would also vote for Gary Johnson, but the media has completely ignored him and excluded him from the debates, so his chances are slim to none). In fact, I was a registered Libertarian and went out of my way to register as a Republican in my state just to vote for him because we don't have open primaries. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination I'm voting for a Third Party candidate.

Rick Perry represents the status quo (endless wars, authoritarianism, big government, corporatism, etc.). I am not in favor of maintaining the status quo. Therefore I do not support Rick Perry and see no need to defend him. I'll let him and his supporters do that.


Fair enough.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #49 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

At some level maybe, but not in the way you are implying. Play all your word games by yourself.

Nah, I couldn't care less.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #50 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Likely Hands' caricature of Perry. \

AKA Yet another lie from the liberal members here. It's got some truthiness about it. Best to get it on the front page of the NYT ASAP.
post #51 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nah, I couldn't care less.

Good, then drop it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Good, then drop it.

You missed his point, which is in this case a grammatical one.
post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You missed his point, which is in this case a grammatical one.

Tee hee.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You missed his point, which is in this case a grammatical one.

No, I told him I was not going to play word games with him. And i am not. Instead of playing the game I took him at the way it is used commonly and am done with the conversation. He has used up my good will for the day.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #55 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahj View Post

no, i told him i was not going to play word games with him. And i am not. Instead of playing the game i took him at the way it is used commonly and am done with the conversation. He has used up my good will for the day.

Quotas!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

If Rick Perry is prepared to let that stand as evidence against the accused then he is racist, period.



I think you need professional psychological help. There are so many problems with this claim, I don't even know where to begin.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #57 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Perry is the leading contender at present and none of you are prepared to try and explain his record. I suspect that's because you've all spent so long arguing against the things he's done when say Obama has done it, or something similar, you don't want to be seen as blatant hypocrites, just like Perry is increasingly being seen.

There you go again. Hands, what you fail to understand is that it's not "our" job to defend Perry against your attacks. Most of us aren't even Perry supporters. It would be one thing if "we" were constantly posting pro-Perry rants and endorsing him for President. No one has done that. You're the one that seems obsessed with him, as you would be for any GOP front runner. When Romney becomes the nominee (yes, "when") you'll be all over him, too.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #58 of 60
Okay I'll get it started ... what we have here is Rick Perry Derangement Syndrome.
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Okay I'll get it started ... what we have here is Rick Perry Derangement Syndrome.

Does that apply to Rick himself?
post #60 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Does that apply to Rick himself?

Anyone that actually wants to be president must be deranged.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rick Perry: "He's black, kill him"