or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Script,Graphic Converter Saving as Web Ready

Apple Script,Graphic Converter Saving as Web Ready

post #1 of 4
I have an AppleScript that saves a batch of files as JPEGs and compresses them,it works fine,but I want to add the ability to save as web-ready,i.e. without a resource.I've checked the GC dictionary and found this :"[wwwready boolean] -- set this option to save the image without a resource",so I used the following code:

save window 1 as JPEG wwwready yes
close window 1

It saves the file as a JPEG but the resource file(from Photoshop) remains.Does anyone know how to get this working?Any information would be appreciated.
post #2 of 4
syntax not quite right.

boolean is not yes/no but true/false

I tried:

save window 1 as JPEG wwwready true

and syntax check rewrote it as
\t
\tsave window 1 as JPEG with wwwready

this works for me:

tell application "GraphicConverter"
\t
\tsave window 1 as JPEG with wwwready
\tclose window 1
\t
end tell

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: AllInOne ]</p>
--
AllInOne
--
AllInOne
post #3 of 4
ignore this one

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: AllInOne ]</p>
--
AllInOne
--
AllInOne
post #4 of 4
Thanks a lot I got it working.By the way if anyone wants a working script for OS X that saves Photoshop documents as JPEGs,compresses them and removes the resource file don't hesitate to e-mail me.I also have one thyat reduces Photoshop documents to a maximum size in the x or y direction,and saves a thumbnail as well to a specified smaller size.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Script,Graphic Converter Saving as Web Ready