or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Politics is actually offtopic, even if the man is a former politician

Politics is actually offtopic, even if the man is a former politician - Page 2

post #41 of 54

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/4/12 at 1:16pm
post #42 of 54
deleted
post #43 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Some people just hate capitalism.

For decades the most disliked people in the States were atheists. But now that's changed:

There’s finally a group that’s hated more than Atheists: The Tea Party.
http://stupidevilbastard.com/2011/08...the-tea-party/

I remember a friend being worried when Sarah Palin appeared on the scene. I told him that was exactly what America was sick of...looks like they're even more sick of it now.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #44 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Jealous much?

Are you one of these right wing Tea Party people who think lefties have to live like the poor?

If so think again. Al Gore's got more more money than the tea Party will ever have.

And next time don't slander Al Gore.

Got it?

Jealous? Why would I be jealous? I don't have any problems with people spending their money however they want. It's the commie liberals who wish to steal money from other hard working Americans.

I do have a problem with hypocritical liberal douchebags lecturing other people on how they should live and how other people should spend their money.

And repeating facts is not slandering Al Gore, got it?
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

looks like they're even more sick of it now.

It seems as if most Americans are sick of Obama now, even many of the fools who voted for the guy in the first place. Obama has got to be one of the worst and least effective Presidents in US history.
post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Jealous? Why would I be jealous? I don't have any problems with people spending their money however they want. It's the commie liberals who wish to steal money from other hard working Americans.

I do have a problem with hypocritical liberal douchebags lecturing other people on how they should live and how other people should spend their money.

And repeating facts is not slandering Al Gore, got it?

No question about it - repeating facts is not slander. Nor is it libel, which is probably what he meant. Just out of interest, how do you feel about conservative douchebags lecturing other people on how they should live? The same, or different?
post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Apple should immediately kick him off of the board of directors for leaking secrets about new products.

Al Gore is a lunatic and hypocrite who equates global warming skepticism to racism.

The fact that Apple has that lunatic on their board, and the fact that I still love and buy Apple's products, truly must mean that they make the most kick ass products around, because I really can't stand Al Gore and his politics.

Why cannot you stand Al Gore? Did he make you lose your money and be unemployed?
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Why cannot you stand Al Gore?

Fox/Limbaugh sheeple. Idiots.
post #49 of 54
deleted
post #50 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardk32 View Post

Provide one, just one, documented occurrence of his having said he invented the internet. You can't, because he didn't.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

He did, in fact, co-sponsor the 1988 act that allowed DARPAnet to be expanded to universities in an organized manner, and the 1992 act that allowed commercial traffic to do the same.

Those who say he did otherwise are either incredibly and stubbornly misinformed, or maliciously and purposefully spreading misinformation.

No, but he did say "I pioneered the internet." He also said "during my time in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet."
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #51 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No, but he did say "I pioneered the internet." He also said "during my time in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet."

Yes, but, to be fair, those are, at worst, slight exaggerations. He did take the initiative in Congress, and has been widely recognized for that. He also spent much time, from the 70s onwards, promoting the basic ideas. While he had no direct technical role in the "invention" of the internet (and I don't think he was ever trying to claim that), and while I know that many around here seem to disagree violently (and I still can't figure that out), I think we actually do owe him some respect and gratitude for his efforts.
post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

Why is he there? Is this a "keep the tree huggers happy and off our backs" BOD placement?

That guy is a quack, he shouldn't ever be allowed to speak. The fact that he says "iPhones" plural tells me there is only one. If Al is saying it, it is a lie.

And you're a very stupid person if you have this opinion. Note to Apple: don't let this guy make policy for you.
post #53 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

The SEC probably isn't impressed either. Poor Steve, another betrayal by his own board member.

"Isn't it funny, a ship that leaks from the top?"

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. Do these little right-wing clusters develop spontaneously among the developmentally-challenged, or are you just following orders?
post #54 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Yes, but, to be fair, those are, at worst, slight exaggerations. He did take the initiative in Congress, and has been widely recognized for that. He also spent much time, from the 70s onwards, promoting the basic ideas. While he had no direct technical role in the "invention" of the internet (and I don't think he was ever trying to claim that), and while I know that many around here seem to disagree violently (and I still can't figure that out), I think we actually do owe him some respect and gratitude for his efforts.

Who knows with Gore. He's always had a way of saying things like that. One has to wonder if its intentional or if he just showed Joe Biden how its done. "I pioneered the internet?" Who says stuff like that? Al Gore.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Politics is actually offtopic, even if the man is a former politician