or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Let's Twist Again... Like We Did In the 60's

Let's Twist Again... Like We Did In the 60's

post #1 of 9
Let's see who will benefit the most from the Fed's "Twist". Any guesses?

Sing it with me... Let's twist again... like we did in the 60's. Let's twist again... la la la la la
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Let's see who will benefit the most from the Fed's "Twist". Any guesses?

Sing it with me... Let's twist again... like we did in the 60's. Let's twist again... la la la la la

GOP Party of phonies will benefit.
post #3 of 9
The Sixites were a million laughs, I enjoyed them a lot. We also had some propserity and rising living standards (well, in the developed world we had, not sure how much of it was Twist-related); I fondly remember my Jag E-Type
But not for long, I got married, and then moved to some dirt-poor Anarcho-Syndicalist community (and I actually enjoyed that too).

But Twist, not for me. More like the Blues, and that is probably pertinent even more for our days than back in the days.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

GOP Party of phonies will benefit.

When did Obama become a republican? I must have missed that.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Goldstein View Post

The Sixites were a million laughs, I enjoyed them a lot. We also had some propserity and rising living standards (well, in the developed world we had, not sure how much of it was Twist-related); I fondly remember my Jag E-Type
But not for long, I got married, and then moved to some dirt-poor Anarcho-Syndicalist community (and I actually enjoyed that too).

But Twist, not for me. More like the Blues, and that is probably pertinent even more for our days than back in the days.

Pretty sure you're not getting the topic, with all due respect.

Re: The Twist: I had never heard of this "tool" until the other day. I frankly don't know enough about to know whether or not it will work, and what consequences there will be in the near and long term.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

When did the Fed become controlled by Obama? I must have missed that.
post #7 of 9
The seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. A full term is fourteen years. One term begins every two years, on February 1 of even-numbered years. A member who serves a full term may not be reappointed. A member who completes an unexpired portion of a term may be reappointed. All terms end on their statutory date regardless of the date on which the member is sworn into office.

The Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Board are named by the President from among the members and are confirmed by the Senate. They serve a term of four years. A member's term on the Board is not affected by his or her status as Chairman or Vice Chairman.
post #8 of 9
Quote:

The seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. A full term is fourteen years. One term begins every two years, on February 1 of even-numbered years. A member who serves a full term may not be reappointed. A member who completes an unexpired portion of a term may be reappointed. All terms end on their statutory date regardless of the date on which the member is sworn into office.

The Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Board are named by the President from among the members and are confirmed by the Senate. They serve a term of four years. A member's term on the Board is not affected by his or her status as Chairman or Vice Chairman.

That tells us nothing at all about how many of the current members were appointed by this president, as opposed to the last one, or even the one before. Care to clue us in?
post #9 of 9
Quote:

I never said that he was a Republican.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Let's Twist Again... Like We Did In the 60's