or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Petition for 21.5" Cinema Display
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Petition for 21.5" Cinema Display

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I am trying to get Apple's attention regarding producing a smaller 21.5" version of the Cinema Display so that consumers have a more reasonably-sized display (for a classroom or office environment) and a cheaper alternative to the 27" version.

It's been brought to my attention that if you can get a mass following around a particular topic or issue, Apple generally responds, so here goes nothing.

If you'd be interested in a smaller Cinema Display, please show your support by signing the petition at the below-included URL. We love our Apple notebooks and really Apple would be more accommodating because it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook . Thanks in advance for your support.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/cinemadisplay
post #2 of 6
For me to be interested in a 21.5" monitor, it would need a minimum resolution of 2400x1350, or 128dpi. However, I don't expect to buy another desktop monitor until HiDPI monitors are available.
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

For me to be interested in a 21.5" monitor, it would need a minimum resolution of 2400x1350, or 128dpi. However, I don't expect to buy another desktop monitor until HiDPI monitors are available.

From what I can find nothing of the sort currently being made that Apple would use. There are a couple odd panels that are higher in resolution but none that Apple would use (not from any vendor with manufacturing capacity/price appropriate for Apple yet). Anyway it's just a matter of time.

My guess is no 21.5" display due to margins/demand. They try to differentiate considerably.

Now here's the real question, why not another display brand? Apple displays aren't even that great. For color critical purposes they're really mediocre, and the old cinema displays were better in this regard.
post #4 of 6
Seriously I don't shop Apple for shortwave radios, oscilloscopes, optics or any number of other gadgets. A monitor is a gadget so buy as needed from the appropriate supplier.


Quote:
Originally Posted by texaseducators View Post

I am trying to get Apple's attention regarding producing a smaller 21.5" version of the Cinema Display so that consumers have a more reasonably-sized display (for a classroom or office environment) and a cheaper alternative to the 27" version.

It's been brought to my attention that if you can get a mass following around a particular topic or issue, Apple generally responds, so here goes nothing.

If you'd be interested in a smaller Cinema Display, please show your support by signing the petition at the below-included URL. We love our Apple notebooks and really Apple would be more accommodating because it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook . Thanks in advance for your support.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/cinemadisplay
post #5 of 6
1. Online petitions are meaningless.
2. Apple couldn't care less about displays.
3. Buy something else from someone else.
4. Enough people do that, Apple changes their plan.
5. But it won't happen.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaseducators View Post

I am trying to get attention

As always, if you have a cause worthy of it, you don't have to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaseducators View Post

We love our Apple notebooks and really Apple would be more accommodating because it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook.

Third party displays are fine and in fact are sometimes more compatible. The Thunderbolt monitors didn't work under Bootcamp right away.

You get options for matte, which don't hurt your eyes as much, you can adjust them much more easily and IPS monitors are inexpensive now:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-IPS231P-BN-...6803695&sr=8-2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Petition for 21.5" Cinema Display