or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › spin by Fox news

spin by Fox news  

post #1 of 35
They are clueless, I suppose --> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-analysts-say/
post #2 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj.yuan View Post

They are clueless, I suppose --> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-analysts-say/

That is the best laugh I've had in ages. On par with the usual reporting (making stuff up I should say) from that source.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
post #3 of 35
Quote:

Do link to or read that crap site/organization.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 35
Quote:

Honestly, who with an IQ over room temp doesn't know you can't take FauxNews seriously?
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
post #5 of 35
Quote:

Spun by Reuters.

And the media echo chamber is engaged. We have an "expectation" that is now rumored to be reduced. Of course, it was the analyst's expectation to begin with, and it's also his/her EXPECTATION that orders will decrease.

In other words, it's complete bullsh*t
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #6 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become.

What I see is a pompous jackass who responds not with intelligence but with the typical filthy-mouthed banter of the intellectually challenged. But then, what could one expect from a supporter of Fox News and their right wing propaganda.

I've reported the filth, BTW. Hopefully, someone will let you know that you need to clean up your act.
post #7 of 35
Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become. When it comes to political issues, Fox News is currently the only major news network who dares to be critical of the current regime. The other networks, such as MSNBC and CNN suck so much dick, that they're almost completely in the pocket of the current administration. People with diminished mental capacities who like to watch liberal dick sucking and vile propaganda tune into channels like MSNBC, while other more sane people who prefer more critical reporting tune into Fox.

As for this Fox article about Apple, they're merely citing a bunch of Analysts, and whole bunch of them are quoted in the article. I bet you that if the exact same article had appeared on another news site, then the same brainwashed liberals that are getting their panties all wet right now, wouldn't be doing so.

Anyone who is as smart as you claim to be, doesn't have to tell us. Their actions will show us. You do provide an interesting point of view when you aren't talking about all that conservative vs. liberal non-sense most of which isn't actually true or based on the facts.

As for fox news, I watched them for years and not because I agreed with them. I watched them because they were able to make the news entertaining even when I didn't agree with them at all which was most (90%) of the time.

I like you as a person though.
post #8 of 35
Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals, in terms of intelligence and it is fairly obvious for anybody with a brain to see why Fox News is as popular as it has become.

Yes, it is obvious. When you have your parties talking points served up as if they were news and you doesn't mind that multiple studies show that simply watching the station means you tend to be less informed about reality, you like it there in your nice fuzzy home where they reinforce your prejudice, ignorance, and jingoism. It is a winning formula for getting viewers.

It just isn't that great for informing people or reflecting reality.

But i am sure you are the exception to all studies, and are far smarter than all the rest of us.

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." -John Stuart Mill
post #9 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Anyone who is as smart as you claim to be, doesn't have to tell us. Their actions will show us. You do provide an interesting point of view when you aren't talking about all that conservative vs. liberal non sense most of which is easily debated when people actually care to do it.

I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much. If somebody is going to claim and repeat the liberal talking point about "faux news" viewers being dumb, then I would like to challenge them to a duel, an intellectual duel, and they had better be prepared to lose.
post #10 of 35
Quote:

I am to going to be fairly conservative in my estimates and I'd say that I'm worth about 6 or 7 liberals

Thankfully we live in a democracy where you're outnumbered 7 to 1.
post #11 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Thankfully we live in a democracy where you're outnumbered 7 to 1.

In terms of percentages, conservatives and moderates far outnumber liberals in this country, who only make up a tiny piece of the pie.
post #12 of 35
Quote:

In terms of percentages, conservatives and moderates far outnumber liberals in this country, who only make up a tiny piece of the pie.

Cockroaches outnumber people. They are still less than human. As are most conservatives.

Also, the appeal to numbers to support an ideology is a logical fallacy. You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

On the plus side you are an excellent representative of your political ideology.
post #13 of 35
Quote:

I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much. If somebody is going to claim and repeat the liberal talking point about "faux news" viewers being dumb, then I would like to challenge them to a duel, an intellectual duel, and they had better be prepared to lose.

Sure.

Like I said before show us.
post #14 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post

You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

The dual of intellect?

If this an example of you showing off your superior liberal dual-core intellect, then you might as well give up right away.
post #15 of 35
Quote:

The dual of intellect?

If this an example of you showing off your superior liberal dual-core intellect, then you might as well give up right away.

So if you commit a logical fallacy and I commit an iPhone autocorrect you are smarter?

I think I can let the case rest on that alone...
post #16 of 35
Quote:

So if you commit a logical fallacy and I commit an iPhone autocorrect you are smarter?

I think I can let the case rest on that alone...

You missed the part where he was defending fox news. Do not expect logic or reason to show up.
post #17 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

What I see is a pompous jackass who responds not with intelligence but with the typical filthy-mouthed banter of the intellectually challenged. But then, what could one expect from a supporter of Fox News and their right wing propaganda.

I've reported the filth, BTW. Hopefully, someone will let you know that you need to clean up your act.

Yes, how dare he have a different opinion.
post #18 of 35
Quote:

Cockroaches outnumber people. They are still less than human. As are most conservatives.

Also, the appeal to numbers to support an ideology is a logical fallacy. You just lost the dual of intellect you were bragging about winning, and we haven't even started. Well done.

On the plus side you are an excellent representative of your political ideology.

And you showed what a partisan hack you are by attacking all conservatives.
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

And you showed what a partisan hack you are by attacking all conservatives.

Did you call Apple ][ a partisan hack when he essentially said all liberals were retarded? Nope.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Did you call Apple ][ a partisan hack when he essentially said all liberals were retarded? Nope.

Not to mention it was the pot himself calling the kettle "hack".
post #21 of 35
Delicious punnery.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #22 of 35
Quote:

The dual of intellect?

You won't win anybody to the conservative side with talk like that, or that in your previous post.

This is what got me to post in PO again?

Ignore list increased by one.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #23 of 35
Quote:

So is Brit Hume with his dumb remarks and Chris Wallace. That is Fox for you.
post #24 of 35
Quote:

1. He made a tongue-in-cheek comment about liberals and not understanding the popularity of Fox News. That is not even close to calling them "retarded." Words mean stuff.

2. Shen went further. He said conservatives were "less than human." I didn't get the impression it was tongue-in-cheek, though I could be wrong.

3. Regardless, I am not the arbiter of what's appropriate and what's not. It's not my job to evenly take issue with all statements, regardless of political hue.
post #25 of 35
People, I'm at a loss as to what to do here. I've already soft-deleted one post for excessive foul language.

Calling each other names isn't a solution, it's part of the problem. Call each other names while saying you're on the better side? Sorry, you totally failed the quiz. Not by lack of intelligence, but by lack of self-restraint and humility.

The sooner everyone rises above their instincts, the sooner problems can be solved.
post #26 of 35
Unfortunately, with several regulars here in Political Outsider, name-calling and ad-hominem attacks are the norm and apparently allowed. At least most of the incidents I report seem to be ignored.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

People, I'm at a loss as to what to do here. I've already soft-deleted one post for excessive foul language.

Calling each other names isn't a solution, it's part of the problem. Call each other names while saying you're on the better side? Sorry, you totally failed the quiz. Not by lack of intelligence, but by lack of self-restraint and humility.

The sooner everyone rises above their instincts, the sooner problems can be solved.

I whole heartedly agree.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #28 of 35
Quote:

Forgive me for perpetuating Apple ]['s hijacking of this thread, but may I suggest that if liberals are to present themselves as being more fair than conservatives they must hold themselves to a higher standard? Suggesting that any ideological adherents are "less than human" can only be counterproductive.
post #29 of 35
Quote:

1. He made a tongue-in-cheek comment about liberals and not understanding the popularity of Fox News. That is not even close to calling them "retarded." Words mean stuff.

2. Shen went further. He said conservatives were "less than human." I didn't get the impression it was tongue-in-cheek, though I could be wrong.

3. Regardless, I am not the arbiter of what's appropriate and what's not. It's not my job to evenly take issue with all statements, regardless of political hue.

Apple ][ said: "I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much."

That's the post that was left. I'm pretty sure one of his other ones was deleted. Tongue in cheek? I think not. You're just making excuses and only defending your team.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #30 of 35
Quote:

Apple ][ said: "I don't claim to be that smart, though I'm certainly smarter than probably 95% of liberals, but that isn't really saying much."

You honestly take that seriously? I think he's just poking.

Quote:

That's the post that was left. I'm pretty sure one of his other ones was deleted. Tongue in cheek? I think not. You're just making excuses and only defending your team.

I expect more of this nonsense from you and the Lefties as Obama disintegrates further. Desperation is setting in. You cannot defend the indefensible, so you're left with ad hominems alone. And it's not just you. tonton is in another thread screaming that I'm "intellectually dishonest" and "ignorant" because I didn't realize he used the phrase "valid claim" in a certain context. Hands already had his Rick Perry Is Satan orgy. It's going to be quite the show.
post #31 of 35
Confirmation bias. Look it up.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #32 of 35
Quote:

Confirmation bias. Look it up.

Oh look, condescension. That's a new one.
post #33 of 35
Quote:

You honestly take that seriously? I think he's just poking.

Well, of course you'd think that.

Conservatives are all really stupid, and can't read properly. They can't understand a damn thing they read, honestly. I'd say 95% of them, anyway. You definitely fall inside that 95% of conservative people who can't understand anything, SDW. You just made that perfectly clear.

What? I'm just poking.
post #34 of 35
Quote:

Oh look, condescension. That's a new one.

Wait, you're defending condescension while accusing it?
post #35 of 35
Nevermind, neither side is being mature about this, so, closing.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › spin by Fox news