or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Ticonderoga notes Kindle Fire targets different market than Apple's iPad 2

Ticonderoga notes Kindle Fire targets different market than Apple's iPad 2 - Page 2

post #41 of 44
The success of the Fire will depend upon two criteria:

1. It's usability as a e-reader. I think Bezos stated the lcd sports 169 dpi, so that bodes well (the iPad is 132 dpi). Screen contrast and battery life are just as critical in this regard.

2. The Fire's overall snappiness as a media consumption device. If it really zips along, then all is good. If it's a sluggish thing, then Amazon's climb just gets steeper.

Personally, I think that Bezos and co. are partially viewing the Fire as a proof-of-concept for a larger, real tablet to be released in 2012.
post #42 of 44
Those that rush to buy this becuse it's a $200 tablet will get what they pay for. I have read so many posters on other sites list all the cool things they will do with it but very few of them mentioned using it as a ebook reader.
post #43 of 44
They put the wifi and battery icons on the wrong side of the screen.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by eswinson View Post

Those that rush to buy this becuse it's a $200 tablet will get what they pay for. I have read so many posters on other sites list all the cool things they will do with it but very few of them mentioned using it as a ebook reader.

Why would anyone use anything other than e-ink for a ebook reader anyway?

Sure LCDs are fine for the occasional reader experience but to read a full fledged novel - that would induce a headache.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Ticonderoga notes Kindle Fire targets different market than Apple's iPad 2
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Ticonderoga notes Kindle Fire targets different market than Apple's iPad 2